Epic Weapons - Epic Fail ?!

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Yahku, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Switsgar New Member

That's all well and fine, but I refuse to accept that the way around that is to sell us old content we've already paid for in the past, completed and worked through. Find another way.

Some of the new items are shoulders that have pictures of pants- or simply don't have any appearance attached to them. You can say it's brilliant or clever the way things are being done- but the clues say it's just lazy! You're on the wrong team here.
  2. Azian Well-Known Member

I can't adequately express my feelings on what you said here without getting the post deleted by an admin. You demonstrate an astonishing lack of character with this type of post. To be clear, I haven't found anything. I completely understand why some might keep their info close if they have been fortunate enough to have "cracked the code' of starting the quest. You and I both have the exact same opportunity to find the items that every single other player in the game does.
  3. Switsgar New Member

4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

My irritation is that the people who did find it, found it through sheer stupid luck, or used some kind of third party data miner or something to find it. there's literally no other options. they devs have given us 'hints' or the 'keys to the city' without actually giving us jack squat.

we already knew WELL before now that the quests were archtypal. that told us nothing we didn't already know.
    going back to roots? turns out, that's another dead end.
    Kander's little riddles and comments that supposedly hid clues? turned out to be nothing but what can only be called trolling.
    I've talked to literally every npc in the KA AND the TOT expansion areas. there's nothing there. no one offers anything.
    I've gone through Qeynos at least 6 times today, Queen's Colony 4 times, and there's nothing there.

I'm past frustration at this point. I'm about ready to hit the damn unsubscribe button and just delete this damn thing so I go no reason to keep looking and getting ever more frustrated over lack of ANYTHING tangible to work with.

I got nothing left to do in this expansion except find the epic. I've done the sig lines for TS and Adv. I'm doing Asc but that's about as exciting as grinding out any other levels. the epic is what I was looking forward to working on through the holidays. and trying to find a gold colored needled in a two ton pile of straw cut to needle length is just making me more and more aggravated.
    Lateana, Feldon and Switsgar like this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

What if its not even in game yet and the devs gave general clues so players would overanalyze them and write the lore FOR the devs. I think that'd be hilarious. Or make the epic 2.0 part of a level 1 craft book that you get as a reward for hitting 1 2 and 3 14 million times each. That'd be great. Or maybe complete every quest in the game
    Turns out we've actually been playing EveryQuest 2. I amuse myself.

Jokes aside here. This isn't any worse than the original epics. Because, (forgive my logic,) ITS PROBABLY KUNARK OR EARLIER CONTENT. That makes logical sense. "Back to your roots." Original Xpacs.

"It's unfun to have to search everywhere for obscure clues." Yeah well I think crafting is unfun and it's all but required for KA. Also, you're a raid guild right? Just afk farm tithe points until you can one shot the boss. Thats the new meta right?

You do you, I'll do me. You can complain about game mechanics and I'll play my favorite game.

EveryQuest 2
  6. Ebarel Member

@Kander: idk where they teach trolling your customers is a good idea, hope you enjoy it and get all the positive Feedback and additional subscriptions from it as expected.
    Lateana and Lojaak like this.
  7. Ronjah Active Member

As I said there would be a christmas present, there it is.
  8. Switsgar New Member

Is there a gift receipt???
    Lateana and Feldon like this.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

your 'chirstmas present' is worthless.

we KNEW they were archtypal long before now. we've gone 'back to our roots' and guess what? there NOTHING DAMN THERE. Again it's a lovely 'clue' that isn't a clue the hell at all.

I'll put it this way.

the players have been keep track of every single zone we've scoured. and by scoured, I mean every single npc hailed, every clicky clicked, every inch and milimeter of the zone checked.

we've gone through Qeynos, Halas, Kelethin, Neriak, Freeport, and Gorowyn abd Queen's Colony nad Overlord's Outpost. we've gone through every instance solo and heroic, in KA. we've talked to every talkable npc in KA. we've gone through Maldura, and Thalumbra. Teren's Grasp. Danak dock and battlements, the docks in Kylong. we've searached Oblus Plains and Eidolon Jungle. Klak'anon and Rivervale. Highpass Hold.

unless there's some prereq we don't have that we don't know of, there there's NOTHING at our 'Roots' that anyone has found yet on a US server.

so your 'christmas present' just come across, again, as more trolling. another worthless 'clue' to make us go running around while Kander gets a chuckle at it.
    Lateana and Lojaak like this.
  10. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It may not be a starter, but the city/archetype timelines are definitely part of it. There appear to be archetype-specific hidden caches scatter around (fighter one in BB near Unrest, priest one in Nek), and the key to making it visible seems to be the city/archetype questline.

Quoting myself from the archetype epic weapon threads:

After Kander's mention of archetypes and going back to the beginning, a guildy mentioned the city questline with an archetype sub-questline and they wondered if that was related.

I went back and finished it tonight (on my fighter). Check the hidden cache: boom, it's there for me now. I'm interested in seeing if others can corroborate.

Questline for baddies: The City of Freeport Timeline
    Questline for good folks: The City of Qeynos Timeline

Be sure to do the full line, including the archetype sub-questline.

(Credit goes to my guildy Marrj for making the connection with the city/archetype questline. :))
    Prissetta and Feldon like this.
  11. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Question about the city time lines can you do them if you have betrayed and can you still do your racial sub quest if it's in an opposing city?.
  12. RadarX Community Manager

This has gotten pretty non-constructive so we're going to go ahead and close it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.