You gotta be kidding me right???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrorcoreuk, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamnataAnimus Active Member

That's not the point though. I know exactly what it does. The point is unless you want to min max you don't nend it. I know many who get along fine without it. You also fail to cite evidence that this is the case, such as a dev post. I am in fact Reforged for the group I am in. The characters in my signature.... I box heroics with, successfully might I add. I'm sorry for not reforging to your standards after changing items today before I went to bed . You also failed to take class buffs into account before you took the time to look at my characters.

Your lack of knowledge of how I play is pretty obvious. Move along troll.
    Meneltel and Juraiya like this.
  2. KythosMeltdown Active Member

Uh. Min/maxxing is not the same thing as reforging necessary stats for you're character to consistently hit the mob every time or double your spell output.

You don't 'get along fine' without it in dungeons/raids where there are DPS checks on many encounters. (they aren't hard; but if you don't gear/reforge properly it seems hard; which is why the difficulty balance is so effed right now)

Look at the thread of people complaining tanks can't hold aggro (imagine if they didn't have 100% hate gain! ha!) [a lot of them don't even know what strikethrough even is].

Look at the thread of people complaining the dungeons are too hard because they do terrible DPS with300 resolve and 6k potency and arent reforged properly on top of that.

Here's why WoW(disclaimer: i dont like wow, doesn't mean they dont make smart decisions for certain things) removed the reforging system (that EQ2 stole the idea of)
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=257585/liveblog-post-blizzcon-q-a-with-game-director-ion-hazzikostas

(They removed it and removed needing to cap stats like Hit chance as well; the entire point of it was so they didn't have to put hit chance on armor peices and it was easier for them to balance armor)
    With the disparity between secondary stats for some classes, wouldn't this be a great time to reintroducing Reforging?

• Hit and expertise (same thing as strikethrough)made Reforging awful, and while they are gone - it's still a tricky situation.
    • Reforging may solve some current situations but not all of them. Plus it does not boil down to an intuitive situation - going to addons, tools, websites, complex math. Plugging a character into a tool is not "interesting." (we do this with eq2u)
    • Reforging can make some items upgrades, but the reason to remove Reforging remains. Items should be easily seen as upgrades, vs needing complex math to make some items upgrades.
  3. DamnataAnimus Active Member

If wows so good go play it. Oh wait.

You are arguing to hear yourself talk, completely ignoring I've already said reforging people might have a point with.

And that's not a link to a dev post for eq2 saying reforging is there to balance stats.

And.... games take ideas from other games and have since they started. We could argue wow took the idea of making a warcraft mmo from eq or anarchy online or... dikumud for that matter.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Funny how you pop in to a thread just to whine about how whiney u think the OP was. Its a new player Who was discouraged to find out that mercs werent included. He calmed down after his OP and people tried to instead help and encourage this new player, then in you came. I understand why you multibox now. ..
    KythosMeltdown likes this.
  5. DamnataAnimus Active Member

Because it's fun and a challege?

Not only that but if I can run heroics while tanking on my conj with characters that "arnt reforged properly" does that not show that reforging is not required?

Sorry for not being sympathetic to the op, but he's complaining about how a sub does not give things that it's clearly stated it doesn't give.
  6. KythosMeltdown Active Member

That shows that reforging is not 'required' yes, when you're playing with only your own characters that aren't also properly reforged and you're completely ignorant of the fact that reforging vastly increases DPS and Tanking capabilities.

This is exactly my point. People don't realize how good reforging is, so they dont do it or do it poorly; then complain content is too hard and their DPS . Look at all the crying about PQs being too hard now. Look at all the crying about Greenmist Proc. Again this is a feature locked behind a paywall even if you're a subscriber/xpac owner.

So you pay your taxes and are completely content with every single dollar that it is used for, and don't feel any of that money should go towards anything else; and even if you did you wouldn't complain about it.

It's totally a terrible idea to give feedback on something you're a part of. Better to just blindly follow the lead! /s
  7. Surgeon Active Member

What about the wardrobe. A feature that came with KA but you have to pay cash to unlock slots.
    And even mercs, a feature I bought with AoD and that is included in KA yet you have to pay cash to unlock the ability to "hire anywhere". Hey why not add that ability to mounts to "summon anywhere". Good idea right?
    Tharrakor likes this.
  8. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Reforging isn't as quite as big a deal to every non-tank now because they have effectively turned everyone into a mage. Ferv/Pot/CB/AB Mod. The main stats for every class now. When it comes to tanks I will agree that reforging is important to get what you need. Not every tank has the ability to max hate gain in AA/Prestige or mash out tons of DPS on an SK. It might work in your case due to your group make up (somewhat-ideal).

Anyway back to what the OP was originally griping about, why not include mercs with the sub. Since you can get them from the 500 DBC and every other feature. You are essentially making a new player pay a sub for more than half of an expac just be able to access features that they needed to actually run the content. Oh yea, I bought KA so I could save up and have all the features for the next expac. If I was a new player and learned about that I would walk away without thinking twice about it. Sad thing is more than 75% of the content has been cleared already. By the time a new player has earned their features the population will basically either be taking a break since there is nothing to do or everyone will be running a summer event and they won't want the new guy slowing them down. I don't know how many other people pay attention to this kind of stuff but it is basically impossible for a new person to get involved with current content unless they fork over money for something they would eventually get from subbing anyhow. THAT is the point I am trying to make. At the expense of the health of the population I would be willing to let people slide on the $40 I coughed up in 2011.
    KythosMeltdown, Juraiya and Tharrakor like this.
  9. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

LOL! Careful now!
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. RadarX Community Manager

This one has seen quite a bit of back and forth, insults, and other non-constructive posting so we're going go ahead and close it.
    Prissetta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.