Wardrobe and reforging essences

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jachin, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Jachin Active Member

Hello,

If you put a major essence for example on a weapon, it gets bonus appearance fx. If you put your weapon in the wardrobe, this disappears. Also, you cannot put essences on weapons that are in the wardrobe. Fix please.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Oh yes! I put several weapons into my characters' wardrobe, before realizing that the glow - which is the WHOLE REASON I use those weapons as appearance gear - had vanished.

I agree - please fix this. Obviously this isn't a critically needed fix (I'm sure there are others more important), but it does need to be addressed.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Didn't the devs say that particle effects would be stripped off by the wardrobe?
    Alenna and Shmogre like this.
  4. Jachin Active Member

Didn't people pay for the reforging feature which includes adding cosmetic essences to give weapons more FX? Oh yes, thats right, it is a PAID feature and I would like my moneys worth.
    Juraiya likes this.
  5. Jumbled Member

Does this include effects on armor pieces, like frosty mists on the Thurgadin ice armor, etc.? This could be a problem...not that I'm actually using the wardrobe yet, but good to know for the future.
  6. Aivet Well-Known Member

I just tested with the crafted fury shoulder pads (stormbringer's purified shoulder pads), and the frosty effect on those appears when used from the wardrobe.

It's also worth noting that essences on weapons don't appear when you place them on a mannequin or either.
  7. Springelf Active Member

I bugged this when expansion went live. I lost the effects on blighted armor from the store when I put into wardrobe. The armor I bought since, the frost one, the cold effects work so its not an issue with the armor itself.
  8. Ixian Active Member

Reforging is different than effects that are already a part of an item; when you reforge something there must be additional data stored on the item that says "This is item Armor of Bacon AND it was reforged with an acid appearance." The wardrobe feature, however, only cares about what the item is and not about any of the additional data, thus saving storage space. That's the entire premise of the wardrobe feature; you can have a bunch of slots because the amount of data stored is minimal compared to a full item.
  9. Bunji Developer

I'm updating the Wardrobe so weapons with reforge decorations will keep their decorations once placed in the Wardrobe. Unfortunately, this change won't replace any decorations that were on weapons already placed in the Wardrobe.
    Katz, Prissetta, Xianthia and 4 others like this.
  10. Aivet Well-Known Member

Excellent, thank you! Will this also affect weapons that have been experimented on to add an essence effect? Currently, they have the same problem as the reforge decorations.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. SandsMans Active Member

While you are at it, is it possible to make items put in your wardrobe usable on mannequins and actors?
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Thank you, Bunji! You're the best! <3
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Bunji Developer

This should already work, when using a mannequin click on a slot and it should popup a list of items in your Wardrobe for that category.
    SandsMans likes this.
  14. Bunji Developer

Yes, it should save whichever currently has priority (reforge or experimented particle effect).
    Aivet likes this.
  15. SandsMans Active Member

Yep, you are right! I could have sworn that I read somewhere that this is not possible, and was a reason I was not using the feature fully yet. So other than not being able to unattune and trade the item again, are there any downsides to using the wardrobe slots?