[Bug] or is it intentional. Dread's Visage of Greenmist

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by xkrisx, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Enoa Member

Hope the nerf stays tbh. Last expansion there was a much needed move away from ridiculous passive damage from aom. Doesn't make sense to go completely backward on this now with procs. Also I really don't think procs should crit. They used to crit and that was changed many expansions ago. People cried but it was a much needed change. Mistakes of the past need not be repeated.
  2. Adaac Member

The nerf is not good for the game. Heroics we were clearing in 45 minutes before Tuesday took us 2.5 hours last night with many wipes due to not meeting dps checks. Adds overwhelmed us. The last name in the workshop was a 15 minute fight. Nerfing dps without adjusting all the mobs is not fun at all and has basically eliminated a lot of pugs from being able clear to even t1 heroics
    Lojaak likes this.
  3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this particular weapon makes that much of a difference. But I will say that things are tuned out of casual range at the moment, and for that reason I agree.

Last night, 3 people doing over 100mil damage and one of those doing over 200mil took quite a while on some of the boss fights. It wasn't unmanageable, but it was tedious. And believe me there are many many many groups that go out with much less dps than that.

Greenmist was one way people had a bit of extra dps to give, and yet even when that was an overpowered item, heroics were tough for many groups.

We could all sit here and say that those sub 100mil people just need to get better, since it's not ridiculously hard to get to that point--though it does take some fairly considerable effort. But just last expansion we had a situation where if you were a dps looking for a group, you were going to get a group quickly. Or if your group only needed one dps person, that was pretty instant with tons of tells. This is not the case anymore, and it is sad.

Our group last night had an awesome tank and healer and when one of our team had to drop, it took many minutes to fill the last dps spot. That's insane compared to how it was just an expansion ago. And we didn't even ask for high dps or anything, just necessary resolve for a t2.

I personally enjoy the challenge and have had a LOT of fun in this expansion, learning the strategies and gaining a lot of potential with still a long way to go. But I do agree that making everyone slightly or drastically weaker was bad for the game as it currently stands.

If this had happened a week into expansion with an 'oops, item was hitting for harder than we expected' and people had been crushing their way through zones, then this would be a totally different scenario. That would have shown that greenmist was unbalanced and broken. But even WITH the OP greenmist, many groups were failing.

Side note, if you're still having trouble, boost that potency. Solo dungeons have some great gear hiding in them. Put just about everything you have with less than 100 potency aside and get items with 500 and up from whatever means possible. Also, have someone make the purple adorns that give potency and ability modifier. That helps a lot as well.
    Good luck.
    Lojaak likes this.
  4. Caith Developer

We corrected an issue that caused caused some, but not all, damage application effects to double dip on attribute multipliers, this change is absolutely intentional and will not be reversed. If we feel that any/all effects need to be adjusted to compensate we will do so directly on the damage value of the effects and apply any changes equally instead of with a bug that unbalances specific types.
    wiouxev2 likes this.
  5. Lojaak Well-Known Member

This, this so very, very much. Heroics are currently tedious, and I've almost completely lost interest in this xpac already because of how long it takes to get anything done. I have no feeling of achievement or progression, just boredom at beating on things for 10, 15, 20 minutes. And for the non shaman healers, having a good dps contrib was a way to bring something to groups, because fights would become shorter and that could help towards the healing ward shortfalls.
  6. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I think most people can live with that and accept it. I feel that what is more troubling is the loot tables in T1 heroics don't seem to provide many upgrades for people who want to get into t2 heroics. The capability needed for these dungeons to go smoothly is higher than the gear allows someone to be. We're still seeing 100 potency jewelry dropping from heroic dungeons. 100 potency doesn't feel very helpful when you're already doing heroics.

That being said, I gained level 5 last night, and noticed the nicely significant increase in potency from the level 5 buff. So I do understand why at these early stages, the dungeons needed to be scaled high. Otherwise they would have gotten boring and trivial very quickly as we all got stronger. I think perhaps the rewards could be a little more enticing for completing the dungeons, considering the challenge they currently present to many people. Could get more people interested in actually running them more, even if they take an hour.

Thanks for the consideration.
  7. Adaac Member

How about you go back and adjust the dps check mobs then so people can actually progress rather than spending 2 and a half hours of tedium. Zones going from doable prior to Tuesday then becoming impossible after your "correction" is unacceptable.
  8. Morx New Member

If I understand this correctly, that should only mean that the actual damage the weapon produce when it procc after multipliers is added should be lowered, due to this double dip. But shouldn't the tooltip damage still stay the same? As it is now the tooltip value is lowered considerably on both Greenmist and eth offhand.
  9. Caith Developer

Tooltip damage takes multipliers into account, except for anything that is calculated post crit roll. Otherwise you would see the raw value listed on Greenmist which is -71.492.
  10. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

What dungeon became impossible after the change? Only curious because I have only found one dungeon so far out of the t1/t2 dungeons I have done where even a slight damage decrease would definitely make a success vs failure difference. That being Tombs of Venerated first 2 names.
  11. wiouxev2 Active Member

Can you confirm if indeed the proc changes were a double mult fix for greenmist/iksar hero/curuv offhand and is therefore intended?
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Caith. A straightforward answer tends to be the easiest path, despite it being an unpopular opinion, versus the "we changed something else, and if it affected greenmist, it wasn't intentional - we'll look into it." Clearly from the position stated here, the Greenmist item was looked at and reviewed directly, since there hasn't been a real uproar of any other items / skills / ca's being altered in the same fashion.
    It was nice to have a powerful item for a while despite it making it through beta and 30 days of live play. Sorry to see it go, for whatever reason.
  13. Adaac Member

First name in Xalgozian Stronghold can't meet the dps needed to kill the crocs and tank cannot survive multiple spawns of them. It takes a stacked group. Not a problem for hardcore raid groups but isn't the point of the heroics to gear up to be able to be successful in raid content? Same with most event heroics. Also sword and shield in baron's along with the last mob getting golems stacked up and killing the warden. My personal dps went from 250 mil on heroics before the "fix" to 175 mil using all the temp adorns and pots I can find. Affected many guild mates who don't get to play as often as I do even more severely. So much so that many of them are rapidly losing interest in the game because they are unable to progress In heroics.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

Heroic loot is better than the majority of the raid loot disco'd so far. The only thing that raid offers that is a somewhat upgrade is the armor pieces, heroic jewelry is a lot better than raid jewelry. That is why we had to run heroics in order to kill t2 content easier.
  15. Kaarkula Active Member

The thing is ... kind of destroyed the reward for doing the sig quest and green mist...

Poorly executed or poorly planned?
  16. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

If that's the case, then your groups got very lucky, because I still haven't rolled on a jewelry upgrade yet (if we pretend I never rolled on the one with block and mit with 1k potency) after numerous heroic dungeons. There are still way too many 100 potency drops from heroic chests. People who are struggling in heroic content will NOT benefit from a 100 potency drop after a tough boss kill. It makes no one happy and keeps no one excited to run dungeons.

Some of the quest chest rewards have been very nice. But the actual boss chest rewards have been extremely lackluster. One positive note is that an expert illegible scroll did drop in our dungeon last night. That was nice to see.
  17. Stach Well-Known Member

I said this in other posts, the t1 (and I am only talking about t1 nothing beyond that) are way to hard for the casual player, who did not get the ethereal runes or jewelry. Right now to do them in a decent time, you have to have done the whole sig quest line, got the 30 quest update, AND do the tradeskill timeline to get the cloak if you don't have the ethereal stuff, even then its slow. Most of the people saying its easy, all have the ethereal jewelry, the rune, and have done all the quests and have the cloak. I can bet they have at least 12 - 15 k Potency

I just want the first t1 to be a little more easier for the people that don't have the time to play 4 to 5 hours a day so I can group and not have to duo everything.
    Lojaak and Wurm like this.
  18. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Along with it being easier, it has to include genuine upgrades. Otherwise it will be the only dungeon you can run over and over. Said it before, say it again, why are there drops with less than 400 potency even falling at all in this expansion?
    Mermut and Wurm like this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed.. the low potency high auto-attack stat gear seems designed to lure people who don't know that the mechanics have changed into making poor gear choices. It fools them into thinking they're upgrading their gear when they might actually be making it harder on themselves. :(
    -Soteria-, Malleria and Shmogre like this.
  20. Ronjah Active Member

Could this backlash be foreseen ? Only if the reaction to this backend change is taken into account it would be poorly planned but you never know before how a change will affect all and everything. Since Everquest 2 is only a game not everything is tested but rather patched and fixed after the fact. No big deal. It shouldn't bother too much. Eventually some items will be changed back to normal or nearly where they were before. After all what bothers some players, and I agree there, that a change was not logged to change log / patch notes leading to confusion and annoyance. Still, just a game, noone got hurt.