The Final Blow Quest, The Show Stopper Bug (DEV help needed)

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Astomer, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Astomer Member

Some of you may have read in another thread that I was stuck in the Baron's instance goo room not being able to find the key. I received a log of suggestions, but there were just no harvesting nodes to be found (I can track). A GM pointed out to me that probably leaving the instance without finishing it and then coming back caused a bug. She suggested I reset the instance and do it over. In a sense, this worked. My next try in a reset instance showed a multitude of fishing nodes in the goo room and I found it on the first try.

Now me being the thorough kind of guy that I am did not just reset the instance, but deleted the quest and started it from scratch. I picked up the The Art of Killing Iksar (incomplete book) (Scholar) task from Researcher Thelzik Ku'Rok in Fens of Nathsar, but I could not collect any of the pages to complete the book (again) and turn it in as I had done so in my first pass through the quest. I had the collection complete in my journal, so no problem, right?

Turns our a major show stopper. I found the key. Placed the shield and sword on the stands, and went through door. But, when I try to talk to Haggle Baron Dalnir (http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Haggle_Baron_Dalnir) , he immediately says no more interruptions and kills me. GM's take is that this is a serious bug that only a DEV could help with. This occurred on my character Astomee on Maj'Dur.
  2. Domino Well-Known Member

The problem seems to be that you're entering the dungeon when you are not on the correct stage of the quest to do so. And that's because you are still on the step to get the recipe. Speak to Researcher Thelzik again and he'll progress your quest, after which you should be able to complete the step in Dalnir's as normal. As an additional note, it is highly recommended NOT to delete a quest, particularly a long and complex one like a signature quest.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

One thing I'd make note of is that for me, the *dings* to get the 4 items you need to advance the quest aren't easy to get ;) I have put a bunch of them in my guild bank, but pulling them out doesn't ding it. Only buying or trading. I was killed a few times when I forgot this and THOUGHT I was ready to advance to the crypt but actually wasn't.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If you have access to the broker, you can pop them into a broker box and pull them right back out...that will also update the quest (and you can do this from anywhere with /start_broker_anywhere, which makes it much more convenient).
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Sure if that had occurred to me on why he was ticked off at me ;) It took a few deaths before i figured it out :)
    Shmogre likes this.