Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Talduke, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Talduke Active Member

We killed him today and it was MUCH better! we had to slow dps to allow for the healer curse cure to come back up before the next checkpoint but other than that everything looked good. we had 3 pet classes and none got curses on pets. I think we only got 2 curses total iirc but we had the mob's power at 0 pretty much the whole fight and it was low enough after the second curse its possible we just burned fast enough to bypass the 3rd. Thank you for fixing this one this zone is much less daunting to go into for the weekly update.
  2. Dithmir Active Member

Is there an answer on whats going on with the loot in spectral? Zone takes way too long to complete even with high dps to justify only dropping 9 resolve legendary items. Its a significantly bigger ballache to complete vs all other t1 zones.
  3. Gninja Developer

When did you last try it? The health on the final boss was reduced significantly.
  4. Dithmir Active Member

Around a week or so ago, I'll go back and try again. Although from memory it wasn't only the end mob that seemed to take a disproportionate amount of time to kill.
  5. Mickeyroon New Member

They all have more hp than other T1 mobs it seems, or at least the kill time seems longer.
  6. Uncle Active Member

we ran it today that hp was a tad high with the joust.. less jousting or less hp should make the encounter a lil more enjoyable imho
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

the HP on last boss is fine now imo, thank you gninja. the zone is still not a very good time investment for the 9resolve loot, but at least the blatant problems with the zone are now fixed.
    Uncle likes this.
  8. Dithmir Active Member

Currently tanking the second named as we speak, still way too many hit points. Why should the fights in this zone take 3 times all other t1 nameds to kill?
  9. Dithmir Active Member

It doesnt make it any harder, but it makes it a million times more boring
  10. Dithmir Active Member

Just no, this zone is the gaming equivalent of watching paint dry. Whoever decided to make these fights take x2 as long as all other heroic zones needs to be seriously questioned. I mean the kly in ritual chamber takes 10 times as fast and drops infinitely better loot. I mean come on, think about it, who made this decision?
  11. Gninja Developer

How long are the fights taking you?
  12. Dithmir Active Member

This wasnt an uber dps group but it wasnt the worst either, probably represents a fairly average group

Merchant Caniz - 5 minutes 58 seconds
    Wraith of Jaxion - 6 minutes 20 seconds
    The Torsis Champion - 7 minutes 48 seconds
    The Algae Fiend - 6 minutes 13 Seconds
    Ongissim the Unseen - 7 minutes 57 Seconds
  13. Dithmir Active Member

Similar group on T2 Barons workshop

Tootooz the Cryptomaniac - 1 minute 59 seconds
    The Googgantuan - 2 minute 48 seconds
    The Frenzied Feeder - 5 minutes 11 seconds
    Enchanted sword & shield - 3 minutes 56 seconds
    Haggle Baron - 2 minutes 43 seconds

Barons is by no means the fastest T2 zone either, does make me wonder what is going on with Spectral
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

All the previous nameds have roughly 4x the HP of other T1 heroics (Or even T2).

It was not just the last named who's HP was a bit out of whack.
  15. Gninja Developer

Looks more like 2-3 times... I'll take a look lol.
  16. Coty Member

This is to say the least dumb... NO the bug isnt fix at all, the pets still get curse on them.:mad: Maybe next patch eh?
    Oh and while you are at it maybe you make that 3rd fluffy boss bit smaller so he can actually walk through these tight hallways rather then teleport.
  17. DamnataAnimus Active Member

To expand upon what my boyfriend (Halchax) above said the only way we were able to kill the algae named (with two priests, him controlling one and me the other) was to dismiss all pets use 0 swarms and bore the named to death. neither of us saw a curse on any of the times we tried it. Nor did I see a curse on pets when I had them out for those tries. it's almost as if it's cursing dumbfire pets. I will test more tommorow with primary pets only and no Dumbfires and vice versa and see what happens.
  18. Eliziana Active Member

Almost 2 months later! Pets still getting curse, my group just wiped to our coercers charmed pet having it.

[IMG]
  19. Gninja Developer

Are you using the pet to tank him?
  20. Eliziana Active Member

No. Unless it grabbed aggro for a split second.