What kind of logic is this?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xyno, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Xyno Member

Dear all, please have a look on the following items.

Loot from "The Kly" (Raid T3):
    [IMG]

Loot from "Lord Rak´Ashiirr" (Raid T3):
    [IMG]

What´s the issue? Well - both items are T3 items but the value of the resolve is different. I thought that the current itemization was like this:

T1 loot = 14 Resolve
    T2 loot = 17 Resolve
    T3 loot = 20 Resolve

So now - we have a Tier 2,66 = 19 Resolve???

Based on these observations I raised the question in DISCORD chat, if the resolve value of 19 is really correct on the chest armor.

This was the answer...
    [IMG]

I still hope to get a serious answer in respect to the logic behind...
    Beee likes this.
  2. Ellimist Active Member

I saw this in discord this morning. Most people seem to think the myth relic chest and legs are the BiS item so would it not make sense if considered that way? both those relics have 20 resolve and the T3 has 19.

Or perhaps the high resolve chest and legs are in T4?

just my to cp since haven't seen an answer from Caith yet.
  3. Xyno Member

Well - if the T4 loot will have just 20 resolve I would be also suprised but it will still take some time till anybody will discover a real T4 item, so let us waiting for it.

The current issue is that I don´t get it that one T3 encounter give you 20 Resolve pants but the other T3 encounter give you just an 19 Resolve item (which have also lower stats in respect to POT/CB etc).

Either there is loot with equal stats (for encounter in the same tier) OR NOT! Before anybody will make the proposal - hey let us then just decrease the stats of the other loot. No - that´s not the way it should be.
  4. Xyno Member

/bump @Team Daybreak

Due to the fact that it´s obviously not that clear what the issue is, I will highlight the details!

First take a look to the T3 leg armor and compare it with the mythical leg armor.
    [IMG]

Okay check the differences between the T3 chest armor and the mythical chest armor.

[IMG]

Finally I like to compare the stats of the T3 leg armor with the stats of the T3 chest armor.

[IMG]

As everyone can see the stats of the T3 chest armor are in all categories weaker that the T3 leg armor.
    That are the facts I don´t just accept. They should be equal!

I kindly request the devs to fix it or to explain the intention of that difference seriously!
  5. Carni Active Member

Pay attention, folks, this is how you gripe with purpose!
    -Soteria- likes this.
  6. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Spreadsheets, visual aids... I think it's time for a power point!
    Dithmir likes this.
  7. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Mythical > Fabled
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

TIL: dbg uses their own RNG to create items.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The chest has less stats then legs, in the same way shoulders have less stats than chest. Legs/Chest don't have to always be equal.

The Myth stuff is better, because it is Relic. Which again plays into the other discussion that Relic is about making choices. Now you can drop your relic legs/chest for the T3 ones, and wear other relics.

If anything, all this thread will likely do is get the legs reduced to the same stats as the chest.
  10. Xyno Member

Gents, it´s clear that the myth equip is better... THAT NOT THE ISSUE!!!

The issue is that one T3 item has 20 resolve and the other T3 item just 19 - THAT IS THE POINT!!!
  11. Dithmir Active Member

Perhaps it was intended, perhaps it was a mistake but does it not beg the question... does it really matter? We're talking about 1 resolve, 10% pot and 17% crit bonus. In the bigger picture this is barely worth discussing. Maybe the Kly was deemed a tougher mob to kill and therefore should drop slightly better armor than lord rak.
  12. Xyno Member

If you are an ambitious player it will concern you. Yes - every little piece counts. Otherwise there is no use for clickies, buff food, temperoray adornments or infusing of items etc.

Yes - all small things - but in theat the end it makes the difference!!!
  13. Dithmir Active Member

Lets take the 10% pot difference as an example between the 19 resolve item and the 20 resolve item, that represents 0.0005% of your pot if at 20k. Come on xyno, yes every little counts but this is miniscule

Edit: And not only is it miniscule, it may actually be intended
  14. Xyno Member

My main concern is the resolve value!..

[IMG]
  15. RescueMe Member

I'm just here to correct your math. It's 0.05%.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm sure if the resolve value for the legs at 19 is intended, the resolve of T4 mobs takes that into account.
  17. Dithmir Active Member

sentiment remains :)
  18. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

its glogic
  19. Gninja Developer

I will try to explain without giving too much detail about what drops where.

The basic gist of it is, yes all those bosses are considered tier3. However, Xalgoz and Rak'Ashiir are easier fights than the Kly, maybe not by much, but still easier. Rak'Ashiir and Xalgoz drop upgraded chest and legs from the previous ones which drop on tier1 bosses, this is why they were originally using tier2 stats because they were part of that set which you couldn't get from tier2 bosses since there are only 5 tier2 bosses making it pretty much impossible to make a full set of gear drop from just tier2 bosses.

Defeating the Kly will get you another upgrade as well as other bosses that haven't been beaten yet. So, in short, kill harder stuff to get better items.

The tier doesn't always dictate the loot. The tier just dictates the level of strategy the fight requires.

Hope that helps!
    Wurm, Beee, Xyno and 1 other person like this.
  20. Xyno Member

It does. Thank you for your feedback!
    Prissetta likes this.