Kicking Inquisitors While They're Down...

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Occam, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quisling Well-Known Member

Heh...I wouldn't be happy either..but trade ya our new mana ward for your hitpoint buff.... :D
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'll trade my 'nothing' for their hp buff ;)
    captainbeatty451 and quisling like this.
  3. Erevis Cale Member

What I want to know is why people think this is actually a fix. Yay! We give millions of hp now! Have any of you stopped to consider this? That maybe they're so clueless on how to make healers that aren't shaman viable or have the tools to keep their groups alive that they just go "uh... uh.... *patches bandaid fix so people focus on that instead of the real issue*?

Healers are imbalanced. This health buff masks the real issue that besides shaman, no one actually has the tools to keep their group alive through one shots. Adding millions of hp to our group is great, but what does it really do beyond that? If anything it just creates even more imbalance because if they start thinking "well, we do have this one class that can double to triple people's health, so let's make the mobs hit even harder."

But whatever. I'll obviously be told I'm wrong after this post, because yknow, I'm doing it wrong cuz I prefer rightside to leftisde for inquisitors, or that I want to actually be able to do decent dps while healing, like this class used to be able to do. That's just crazy!
    quisling and Malleria like this.
  4. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Left side is clumsy, to say the least, boring and actually useless on hard healing fights. The only thing it does is preventing oneshots under most circumstances. If there is constant heavy aoe damage you'd better use other spells.

Many suggestions were made here. My first post about Interrogation threshold was made over two years ago. I do not consider, I'm absolutely sure that developers have little clue , or rather desire to realy fix the game mechanic and classes. Healers are imbalanced since DoV. Adding many new stats and inflate then was the biggest mistake.

The only way to fix it is to go Blizzard's way-remove a whole bunch of them from the game: multiattack, flurry, double casts, fervor, aoe autto, wdb, recovery. Consolidate some: dps+ability mod, cast+recast. Devide the remaining stats, along with main stats and hp, by at least ten. 1500 potency instead of 15 000. And remove most of the wards hell out of the game. Just two "basic", group and single target, are more then enough. No Spirit Shackle, no Death Ward, no Repent, no many other types of wards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.