Make Auto-Attack Great Again!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Talathionwins, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Surgeon Active Member

That carpal tunnel tho
  2. Tigerr Well-Known Member

So just to clarify. Was that a no to reworking melee stats in general? or to the multi attack suggestion of his which is a nono.

Melee stats need to be reworked.. If they aren't, there is absolutely no point to even gear for it anymore. Priests/Mages and even some scouts have been mage mode the last two expansions. I mean, why even add wep dmg bonus to gear?

At least fix 2 handers and give melee priests % more on their auto. So far its been pretty much 1 stat that we are raising. Wouldn't be so bad if the procs on a sig line reward weapon + offhand weren't best in slot over t1-t3 raid loot.

Also, I remember Xelgad/Kander talking about getting away from procs just because it was putting stress on the server. (ToV era) Whatever happened to getting rid of procs all together? (Not being an ***, legit curious)
  3. Gninja Developer

Just to clarify my answer. I was kidding with Talathion. He was in discord earlier that day and we were joking around with me saying "nope" after everything. It was just a joke folks! :p
    Xillean, Seefar, Raff and 4 others like this.
  4. Caith Developer

Nope
    Xillean, Luciar, Azian and 2 others like this.
  5. Pitta Active Member

Playerbase: Hey can we--
    Dev's: nope.
    Seefar likes this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

7. Vogie Active Member

Hey now they fixed raid loot and made Ethereal stuff Heirloom that's a huge step in the right direction give them some credit! This whole make auto attack great again business is dumb, I don't want to sit there and watch my toon attack I want to make him attack but I also want those attacks to mean something! AOM was horrible for so many reasons, the Devs have improved combat by leaps and bounds imo.
  8. Pitta Active Member

true, but nope
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

all i think they should do with auto attack is make melee not interrupt casting like ranged. besides if they merged both WDBs together i'd loose a stat i can't use on my toons to reforge out of on an item while keeping the rest of the goodies on the item.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I still want to subscribe to your newletter...

*giggles as I slip off into the shadows*
  11. kluxor Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree on two things here....the OPs idea is a bot overboard and that auto attack is menial and only serves to produce proc damage.

Look at how many stats effect auto attack for 1-2% of your parse:
    Crit bonus
    Dps mod
    Multiattack
    Attack speed
    Flurry
    Ae auto
    Weapon Damage bonus
    Crit chance
    Weapon skill
    AA modifiers

That's a lot of effects that are essentially useless and can be reforged down to a bare minimum with very little effect on the parse. Worst yet is that half of these modifiers effect ONLY autoattack damage. We're not asking for a huge bump, but something for the sheer stat investment
  12. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

They need to do a complete stat overhaul next content update honestly. Its a total mess now and stacking potency and resolve gets boring real fast.

Its turned into a button pressing simulator now for all classes, before it was mostly illys on crack that would button smash like nut jobs, now its everyone and I for one do not like it.
  13. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Since next expansion is a TSO remake, we can step through a portal and nerf everyone back down to where stats were at 80 and start over.....

I can see Caith's 'Nope' coming on this one. I will be curious to see how fun bosses are that require 1.4k resolve though.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

If auto-attack is going to stay as tiny a part of our dps, what I'd like to see is a re-weighting of those stats on gear. Right now it is clear that auto-attack stats (wdb, MA, haste, dps, etc) are being 'counted' as equivalent to far more potency then they actually are. 100+ potency and 12-20 wbd do not deliver the same amount of bang for the buck, but on gear, they are weighted the same. I'd like to see the weighting on gear adjusted to reflect the current mechanics.
    Febrith, Azian, Xillean and 1 other person like this.
  15. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm skeered to even post this given the above. :) As someone else mentioned previously and also has come up before in other threads, what about making auto attack for melee uninterruptible like the wands are? I used to oppose the idea but server lag has continued to haunt us now for several expansions and it's no fun having not only the same lag that all classes experience slowing down your button-mashing but also having your auto attack hang due to said lag and you literally get to do absolutely nothing until that swing completes. Sometimes that absolutely nothing loiters about for an uncomfortably long period of time.
    Jrel and Neiloch like this.
  16. Tattoo Active Member

All aboard the stat squish train
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You are easily impressed. AoM release was probably the last time I remember combat being enjoyable, then once the 'limited supply' of ethereal effects came into play and changes thereafter combat has been smashing into a mountain at top speed repeatedly.

-Raid lag is still prominent
    -Changes to deity points have made getting better results in combat as mindless and boring as grinding out OLD contested zones
    -Scouts without ethereal effects are still second class citizens
    -Several fight designs that trivialize or penalize DPS. There are at least 3 raid fights where most of the DPS could go AFK and still easily win.
    -Procs are once again pushed to the forefront which means 'passive' DPS increased (this is bad, btw)
    -Choosing the right stats has become completely mindless.
    "If player.resolve < target.resolve
    equip resolve
    else
    equip potency"
    -The entire ascension class system is uninspired to say the least. 'Miracles' 3.0

Just to name a few.
    Jrel likes this.
  18. Observing Active Member

Auto-attack stats work great ... if you are a merc.
    In contrast pot/mod/cb seem to have little effect on merc damage abilities; they usually hit for less than their tooltips.
  19. Druantia Member

Here's an absurdly off the wall question about hit% in heroics vs raid on a thread that the devs seem to be paying attention to. With 2700 weapon skills, and 50% accuracy while standing behind mobs on my assassin I'm only getting 90 - 92% hits landing in heroic zones while getting 98 - 99% landing in raids, and the hits that most often miss the target are my grandmastered assassinate and FFU. I understand that raidmobs are more debuffed than heroics because 24>6, but I'm not understanding why heroic mobs seem to be outright avoiding my highest damage hitters while lower dmg CA's are hitting 100% of the time.

Is there a way to increase the hit% to 100% on all CA's and if so what mechanic would do this? I'm sitting at 269 resolve self buffed right now so well over cap for the T1 heroic and raid content, and over cap for T2 heroic and raid.

Also, why are weapon skills so few and far between, and when you DO find them they're generally on a piece with doublecast while caster / priest skills are on pieces with flurry? As far as I know for scouts doublecast only applies to poisons and ticks on DoTs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want us to migrate so far away from autoattack damage give us a clear path to getting CA's to hit 100% or as close to it as possible. Accuracy has been broken forever but I figured just maybe by chance this xpac it would be a contributing factor, and what I've found is going from 20 - 50% accuracy is about a 1% overall increase to your hit% total. I'm trying my hardest to find those rare gems to boost my weapon skills by another 300 to 3k but so far no luck.
  20. Vogie Active Member

I guess I view myself as more of an optimist than a pessimist, sure there are things wrong with the game on different levels but the overall game play is still very fun with lots of things to concentrate on. There will always be something wrong with any game you play you just have to weigh time vs fun. If you aren't having fun spend your time elsewhere. I've played several different MMO's and for me this one seems to have hit the spot despite all the complaints on these forums.