Make Auto-Attack Great Again!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Talathionwins, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Talathionwins Active Member

This is a suggestion to the developers on how to make auto-attack great again how it properly should be.

- AOE Autoattack
    100% 4 targets.
    200% 8 targets.
    300% 12 targets.
    400% 16 targets.
    500% 20 targets.

- DPS Mod (Merge with Weapon Damage Modifier.)
    Each 1 = 1% more Autoattack damage.

- Attack Speed
    Should go to 100%, then every point after that should increase offhand weapon damage.

"Extra Attacks" (Remove Flurry / Double attack.)
    100% - two attacks
    200% - three attacks
    300% - four attacks
    400% - five attacks
    500% - six attacks (max)
    ZUES likes this.
  2. Gninja Developer

3. Aivet Well-Known Member

Berserker. Terrene Destruction. It *is* great.
  4. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

SoE already built the autoattack wall. No scout stats allowed just mage/tanks. Those scouts are thieves and criminals. And believe me they paid for that wall....;)
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

I laughed at this more than I should have :D
    Wimble, Xillean, Seefar and 2 others like this.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

That would reintroduce the massive combat lag from the server having to calculate a ridiculous amount of auto attack hits every second in a raid. I remember when they moved from massive multi attack to dps mod because of this.

That being said, autoattack stats are pretty damn pointless right now.
  7. Tattoo Active Member

Not to be rude; considering how Auto Attack damage accounts for less than 4% of our damage in most cases; why do the stats on items inflate AttackSpeed/MultiAttack/DPS/AE AutoAttack so much if they don't even contribute much due to the current caps on stats(which are not clearly stated in tooltips) and poor conversion rates.

One could argue they can just be reforged, which is what most people do, however very few "good" stats actually have good reforging conversion rates (i.e. potency you can get an extra 2% on an item at most), and thus the value of an item w/ low potency/high weapon damage stats is absurdly low.
    Meneltel and Montag like this.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

They could just make potency apply to autoattacks.
  9. Tattoo Active Member

That would be gamebreaking.... lets just increase my AA 13,000%

A simple idea would be to simply make certain stats baseline, and remove them in order to control the bloat. Would be much easier to balance that way i presume. (Although i am not a dev and do not know how long it would take to remove certain stats)
    certain stats that are super bloated right now :
    - attack speed
    - multi attack
    - DPS
    - flurry
    -crit chance (mythical/leg/fabled crits are super wonky)
    - while you cant remove crit (that would be no fun) you could make 100% crit baseline and then only have crit chance on ToT/Kunark Items so we're not seeing 2000% critical chance and sitting there wondering how much it actually does
  10. Pitta Active Member

11. Brightlyz Active Member

12. SandsMans Active Member

At this point why not have melee and bow auto attacks behave like mage/priest wands.

Combine melee and spell weapon stats and have the weapons fire on their own without delays while we button smash with our 10,000+ potency.

I am finding the button smashing more engaging than casting two combat arts in between melee swings

I'm not even sure what this has to do with the topic, but reading it caused my brain to dump this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Very eloquent and thought provoking point you brought up. Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to? I am interested in hearing more on this train of thought.

*snickers as I slip into the shadows*
  14. Tattoo Active Member

its not like it would change the damage output of auto attacks. auto attacks are (nearly) useless.

1) Player contributes ideas to the game.
    2) Developer TAKES THE TIME to comment on the thread "nope"
    3)???
    4)profit
  15. SandsMans Active Member

I think this is being done on purpose to promote more active combat.
  16. Tattoo Active Member

Button mashing is more active than actually paying somewhat close attention to your auto attack timer while casting?

It most definitely was not done on purpose considering the amount of Weapon Stats certain items have while others lack them but have very high potency. Unless they just thought it would be SO hilarious to make half the gear in the game worthless.
  17. SandsMans Active Member

Waiting for something that happens automatically isn't being active. It's not like we're doing anything to swing those swords or shoot those arrows; the game does this for us as soon as we engage in combat.

Also, you don't have to pay attention at all once you develop a rhythm for when your auto attack hits, or if your UI has a bar for it.

So if I had to choose between <button> <button> <button> <button> <button> <button> or <button> <button> <pause> <button> <button> <button> <pause> <button> <button>, I'd pick the former as being more active.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

They did, its the new procs that are stupid high on the parses. Only reason I even let it go off still is because its responsible for a disproportionately high amount of procs going off compared to CA's.
    Azian likes this.
  19. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Remove the "auto" from auto-attacks.. there.. one more button to mash.. :p
  20. Talathionwins Active Member

Don't see how it will add more lag.

Flurry = 3 extra attacks.
    Double attack = extra attack.
    3+1=4.

Before autoattack thing, we got it up to 6. The servers were not lagging either.

6 + 3 = 9. (remember, we had 6 extra attacks, plus 3 from 100% flurry.)

So the new formula is still better then what we had and less people will be focusing on it.

Also AOE autoattack can either be more targets or more damage for AOE autoattack itself, which would be cool!