Cloud of Bats appearance mount

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ellimist, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Ellimist Active Member

This has become a joke. Please get the cloud of bats mount fixed so it works as an appearance mount as well. It was supposed to be fixed how many years ago now???
    Zhaanish, Ceyllynn and Meneltel like this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

I predict it will be fixed around the same time as all mounts are opened up for all appearance combination. Since the original team objections have already been neatly squashed-

No flying (non-winged) mounts: Nightmares in Lavastorm and Loping Plains.

We don't want silly mounts: Pink heart farting unicorn, patchworks, boars with tiny cupid wings, meatbeast - sent that notion right out the window.

Not to mention there is no good reason why every single disk, cloud and tinkered starship enterprise shouldn't be allowed for flying appearance.
  3. Ellimist Active Member

LOL true. The cloud of bats theres another thread around that says they were working on a fix with dev replies and everything but nothings ever eventuated.

Especially annoying when its part of the freeblood race and you can't use it properly. On top of paying for it and everything.
    Prissetta and Meneltel like this.
  4. Ellimist Active Member

BUMP. Can we get an update on this bug please. Not in the update notes this week.

Thanks.
  5. Crastinal Active Member

THIS X 1,000,000
  6. Ellimist Active Member

Hi Guys,

Could we get some dev response here. Another patch Tuesday and no update still.

Cheers,
  7. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

There are so many mounts that I would have bought for my toons if they could have been used as flying mount appearance. My mice look particularly nice on the squirrel, which basically looks like it's flying anyway, sigh. Flying has been opened up to even lower levels now with the right mount so want to use anything other than a flyer seems less likely for everyone. Why make all the ground mounts useless instead of saleable?:))) As for the Cloud of Bats GEEEZ that one should have been flyable long long long ago!
    Tekka likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had a new player last night (December 5, 2016) that created a Freeblood Warlock and wanted to buy that mount. I told him it was broken at the moment and to save his DBC until a fix is in place. He asked me what was broken with it and I have no idea.

Any ETA on a fix, you could possibly get another sale by a new player, which could make that player want to stay around and make more purchases?

Cyrrena
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

I was gifted a squirrel mount, and I would use it ALL THE TIME if I could have it as flying appearance! I love that thing. And the giant bunnies. And the duckie (who can fly, but it's the giant adorable animal thing!)....
    Cloudrat likes this.
  10. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

when i bought the mount i was so happy... yeah then i discovered... nope can't use it... okay so i compromised and got the bat. nice way to make money off of us... sell us a broken mount and we have to buy another to fly.
    Meneltel likes this.
  11. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I think what's really bothersome about this not being fixed is the fact that we paid extra money to get the freeblood class with this ability. All issues should be fixed of course, but especially issues for things we spend DBC on.
    Ellimist and Meneltel like this.
  12. Ellimist Active Member

Another Tuesday and no Cloud of Bats.

But I did manage to have a quick chat with Gninja in Discord and not get a Gnope answer which was nice. :D

The issue is obviously still the same and to quote Gninja:

"because its technically not a mount appearance so making the system see it will take some major reworking and lots of timer
    time
    its a spell not a mount, even though on the player's end it acts like a mount"

I did not manage to get a timeframe or an answer as to if anyone is working on a fix though.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

So you got a "Gnope for now" answer?

*giggles as I run off into the shadows telling every thing there I see "Gnope, you cant get me!"
    Ellimist likes this.
  14. Ellimist Active Member

Again no cloud of bats. Still no timeframe. One day soon. one day soon.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

wish they could do that with the fae flight as well.
  16. Ucarenyes Member

Yes!! Please, Bats wanna fly