Heroes Festival Credit

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Asuna, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Asuna Member

I've seen a lot of guildies saying they aren't getting credit for the Heroes Festival Kills and I'm trying to figure out why. Some of them said they didn't and were like levels less than 10 and then others who were also that same level range said they did get credit. So is it a level issue that is stopping them from getting credit or something else? Thank you.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

Was trying Baelon with my level 30 Brigand last night and haven't been able to get any credit the three different times I tried. I used a combination of autoattack, combat arts, taunt,and casting the roots, even trying the hex dolls, but nothing. No buff is coming up. There's a number 1 inside a circle that is coming up in the interface, but I don't know what that is or if it means anything. Someone gave me a suggestion last night to use this combat art with the word "consistency" in it that wasn't on my hotbar, so will try it today and see.

Supposedly, lower levels are able to get credit for participating in these puppet events, and someone in a chat a couple days ago said they got it with a level 15 character, so I don't know why some low levels can get it and others can't. Going to try the new suggestion and maybe try grouping with a level 100 if that doesn't work, but then I guess I'll just have to give up for that character as can't think of anything else to try.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

You have to do actual damage to the puppet to get credit for kills.
    Melee damage is really hard to get a hit if you are low in level doing one of the high level monsters. Spell casters/priests have a much easier time getting a hit that counts.

The only way any of my lower than 90 fighters got credit last year for baelon was taking the dragon aa that adds damage to their taunts and just taunting. I believe I got credit on my lowbie scouts as well but I can't remember what the trick was there.

**I think with my scout I used ranged weapons maybe or poison. It was on a swashbuckler
  4. Sharp Shooter Member

I am a 34 Monk and Could not get credit on Trak, Baelon and Roehn. I tried it multiple times -with different Mercs - different weapons - but I could never hit them. Did a Bug Report - and a Support Request for my Monk. Someone was nice enough to give me some armor and weapons - that were quite nice - did not make a difference.

Krymson - on Majdul.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Like I said in my above post you pretty much have to take the dragon aa that adds damage to your taunts, so that you can actually do damage to the higher level mobs when you are lower in level. The newer 'smite/strike of consistency' might also work but I've not tried that.
  6. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the red mobs just resist the taunt damage from the dragon AA? Will try it on my low level monk to see if it makes a difference, but not sure it could generate hate if always resisted. Already tried the consistency CA with my brigand and it didn't make a difference, unfortunately.

Here's the rundown on my characters so far:

100 Warden - credit on all 5 puppets
    85 Shadowknight - credit on all 5 puppets
    85 Paladin - credit on all 5 puppets
    91 Assassin - credit on all 5 puppets
    35 Coercer - credit on all 5 puppets
    30 Brigand - credit on 2 grey puppets, NO credit on 3 red puppets
    25 Monk - credit on 2 grey puppets, NO credit on 3 red puppets
    10 Necromancer - credit on all 5 puppets
  7. Rael Member

I know it's too late now but maybe hope for those who try on low levels next time. My level 22 (was 20 at the time) brig and other very low level toons got all updates with no trouble at all so it is definitely doable, though one or two did take a couple of goes to get the higher ones.
  8. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

Do you recall exactly what your brigand used on the puppet to get the update? My level 30 brigand used every ability in the book and whatever he had for AA's and couldn't get any updates on any red puppets even after trying them each multiple times. Maybe there is an AA that you were using that he didn't have that did it?
  9. Rael Member

Honestly nothing special. I just attacked the way I normally would, in fact on Baelon I think I just hit a few times and tried to stay out of the way, maybe firing arrows. Didn't get on the hate list at all so I know that wasn't a factor. Other than that I wish I knew. My aa now are different so can't check but I think they were just the ones it auto selected for me. I dont play him so he has pretty much stagnated for a while (till recently),

The fact I did it on other low toons makes me think it was not aa related as they range in class and some were so badly geared and one only had about 5% available aa even spent. Also at least 2 of the toons didnt get it 1st go (Roehn Theer I think it was on) but the next time they did exactly the same and got it. I wasn't in a group for a single fight although I do wonder if being in a group would make it more likely to get the update.

As far as I could tell it really was totally random, I'm sorry I know that's not much help.
    Drusi_EQ2 likes this.
  10. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

I tried it with that brigand both grouped and ungrouped to see if it made any difference. It didn't. In fact, I even had him attack Baelon to try to start the fight and he was there "fighting" Baelon by himself, throwing taunts...everything, and Baelon just stood there and wouldn't notice him at all because my brigand couldn't hit him or damage him or anything. After about five or ten minutes, I just had him stop combat and wait until someone else came along to start the fight, but of course he wasn't able to get credit then either.

But there has to be *something* you were using that I wasn't, so I suppose next year if my brigand is still lower level than any of the puppets, I will have him try different AA setups to maybe find something there.

Or maybe it was a proc or something connected with your equipment that did it, like if it had a spell that could randomly go off and *that* spell was what triggered the incrementing buff from the puppet.