Killing pets, mercs and even players

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by d1anaw, Nov 13, 2016.

1. d1anaw Well-Known Member

During some of the puppet battles there are people who are either casting spells or wearing stuff that is killing pets, mercs and even some players. This is unacceptable, especially since there is no way to protect ourselves or to give it back. These people need to remove whatever items are doing this or not cast the spells that are doing this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

At a guess, I'd say it was probably aspect of the dragon gear...
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

I haven't experienced anything killing actual players, but my mercs and pets were definitely being regularly killed by players during the puppet fights. I didn't really need either since I just wanted to the credit for the achievement, so didn't really care, but I did find it odd that it was able to happen.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

This happened last year as well and was never fixed. It's something peculiar about the fights causing player aoes to hurt pets and mercs
  5. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I know that when I play with some of my husband's characters and we group together, he kills me. It's a one shot deal on a well played level 100 fury. I don't even know what hit me, but he takes out both myself and my merc. This is a similar thing to what I was seeing and if I am not mistaken some actual players got taken out too. Others there said they could be if that character doesn't have a kind of resist. Regardless, it's not right. And it's not right to be able to kill your own group members, especially without even trying.
  6. Crastinal Active Member

Working as intended. The equipment explicitly says "this effect can hurt allies". If players choose to wear it on groups (or public quests, that are basically open raids) that's on the player wearing the gear.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's not being caused by aspect of the dragon procs. That was debunked a year ago.
  8. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

So if this is true, how is it working as intended for other players to be able to PvP kill me without my permission? Wouldn't droves of players be roaming around the public quests hoping to find other unsuspecting players to grief and kill?

Note that none of my characters between levels 10 and 100 were ever killed by anything during the puppet raids even though their mercs and pets frequently were killed, so I'm kind of doubtful about this equipment killing players, but if it is killing players, it seems like something very open to abuse.
  9. Curmudgeon Active Member

Warlocks have a nasty trick called Dark Infestation, guildie of mine was using it without realizing the spawned dumbfires don't discriminate between allies and enemies. And yes, Aspect of the Dragon has always been a player killer if your resists aren't high enough. Not sure why the dev's allowed these non-consensual PvP mechanics to continue; rigging singular focus to turn AotD off doesn't work if the person using it likes being a jerk to everyone else doing PQ's.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Having played PnP table top RP games, those items are what we would call "A GM landmine". Step on it and someone is getting hurt, not notice it until too late and you could have a TPW (Total Party Wipeout). Just a trick to see who does read the information they give us and who doesn't...

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/130
  11. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yeah last year I was accidently killing pets and once in a while players because I had a bracelet? that proc'd AOE. At that time no one knew what was causing it. But once I removed it I stopped being a 'killer'. Everyone had to keep reminding everyone to remove those items. It was a pretty common item at the time.
  12. Rael Member

I had stuff with Aspect Of The Dragon on and it did have a tendency to kill everyone around but those same items (that I had anyway) were changed within the last few months. The proc is still there but it no longer hurts allies so either some got missed or it's something else like that maybe?