Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2016!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Homes and Tomes proudly presents:
    Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2016

It’s that time of year again as the holidays slowly creep up on us… that time of year to make someone else’s year-ending incredible and exciting.

The Secret Santug Holiday House Swap is a fun exchange meant to bring smiles to decorators of all skill levels. Simply put, this is a name-drawn-from-a-hat “Secret Santa” style gift exchange of a decorated home. We will assign each of you (the Santug) a home to decorate (your Santee). In turn, someone else will decorate a home for you!

WHO: Anyone who wants to join in.

If you aren’t an incredible decorator, that’s fine. People love to receive houses, no matter the skill level. This is about fun and the spirit of giving! You’re giving someone a smile, no matter what you do. After all, you’re building a house for them! All for them! It makes people feel special to get a house like that! So stock up on house items, because we don’t care what your skill level is. If you want to spread a little holiday cheer, and receive some in return, while having fun decorating, this is for you!

If you don’t celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, or what have you, that’s okay! We’re not celebrating them. We’re celebrating FROSTFELL, Norrath’s winter festival. Remember, we’re in EQ2. We’re celebrating a holiday that we can all enjoy together. Merry Happy Cheerful Exciting Special Frostfell to you!

WHAT: Secret Santug Holiday House Swap

WHEN: Signups are open NOW until November 30th, at 3 PM Pacific.
    You will receive your home signups ON or BEFORE December 2nd.
    Decorating will run from December 2nd to December 23rd.

PLEASE DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! We don’t want anyone panicking the days before That Holiday With A Tree In Real Life With All Those Evil Songs On The Radio because they haven’t finished the house yet. You have 22 days to work on this house. Use them wisely!

WHERE: ALL SERVERS can participate! The bulk of the event will be happening on Antonia Bayle, since that’s Homes and Tomes’ home server. However, in prior years--and this year--we’ve arranged it so that other servers can participate on their home servers, too!

WHY: Because we like to spread holiday cheer! We’ve found that quite a few people don’t get a chance to give or receive gifts. This holiday isn’t all about gifts, it’s about caring for yourself and others. However, nothing says “I care” quite so much as a personalized home in a game where you spend a lot of time. This is a gift that doesn’t cost any real world money, so even the least wealthy of EQ2ers can both give and receive this gift.

HOW: To sign up, please send an email to HomesAndTomes@gmail.com IN THIS FORMAT

SUBJECT: SSHHS2016 ServerName.CharacterName
    Server Name:
    Character Name:
    Character Race:
    Character Gender:
    The city the house you want decorated is located in:
    The home address:
    Home theme; if you do not have any ideas, please write “Decorator’s Choice”:
    Do you want any Frostfell decorations put up in your home?:

DETAILS:
    • Please DO NOT sign up if you think you won’t be able to finish a house in this amount of time. If you do that, the organizers have to scramble to finish the home that you left partially done.
    • Please DO let us know if you sign up, and a real world emergency happens that causes you to be unable to participate. We will happily take over the home for you, as long as we know that we need to!
    • There is NO maximum and NO minimum on the amount you can spend/have to spend on a house. We’ve seen gorgeous homes of elm. However, we would like you to try and keep it under 100 platinum. If you choose to go over that, that’s your choice.

WHAT TO DO AFTER YOU SIGN UP:
    • Choose the home you wish to have decorated. Try to keep it to a 4 room house or smaller, although you can choose a bigger house if you have an awesome idea. Keep in mind that this awesome idea needs to be decorated in 22 days or less, though!
    • You may offer your Santug multiple addresses. Your Santug can then choose which house to decorate. Note that they will only decorate ONE house, no matter how many addresses you list--listing multiple addresses simply allows your Santug to pick the address they feel most able to decorate for you.
    • If the house you want decorated is on a different character than the character you will be decorating on, please list the homeowner under "Character Name" when you sign up. Please add a note at the end of your sign up email with the decorating character's name. If you do not do this, your homeowner character will be given trustee to your Santee's house, and you will have to use your homeowner character to give your decorating character trustee.
    • If you are on AB, give JAZABELLE trustee on the home you choose to have decorated.
    • If you are NOT on AB, please give JAZABELLE trustee.
    • Change the name of the home to SSHHS2016 ← VERY IMPORTANT! Do not modify this at all. Even if you have multiple houses you’d like to have your Secret Santug pick out of to decorate, name them all SSHHS2016. No spaces! All capital letters!
    • Make sure the home’s public access is set to “None.”
    • Map out what you want to have done. In a player written book placed in your SSHHS2016 home, please list character name, character race, character gender, home address (just in case your Santug decides to leave the house with the book, and can’t remember where it is), and home theme. If you do not have any ideas, please still place a book with your character name, character race, character gender, home address, and “DECORATOR’S CHOICE.”
    • Please make sure that you have at least 60 days paid upkeep if your home is not a prestige home.
    • Once all of that is done, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, enter the home after December 2nd, until it is announced as completed on the 23rd!
    [IMG]

Who to contact if you have questions:
    Jazabelle via HomesAndTomes@gmail.com

Happy Merry Cheerful Festive Fun Sparkly Frostfell!
    ziboo, Valzen, enigmakitten and 7 others like this.
  2. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Reserved for home tour videos!
  3. Misstake Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Thank you. I have been so waiting for this!!! This is great and I absolutely love that you guys do this.
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Totally signed up and ready to rock!!!! EXCITED!!! :D
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Due to school and other real life time constraints, I know that I cannot possibly decorate more than one or two rooms but I would still like to participate in this. I will send a mail with my entry as soon as I decide on what house to have decorated (it will be a small city house for certain). Thank you, as ever, for running this event. :)
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

YES. . . Me Please! On my way to email you . . . .
  7. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I'm all signed up and sooo excited!!! :D
  8. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Did I read this right that we can pick multiple houses and let our person pick which one they want to do?
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Wow! I had to read it twice cuz I missed this but sure enough here it is...

That is cool! Great idea!!!
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

That is actually a fabulous idea! :)
  11. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Oh, wow, I somehow missed that part too. Well now I gotta send Jaz another email.../runsoff:p
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

LOL. . . maybe I should send some choices too . . . MY choice may be too big!
  13. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Yeah I was excited to see it. I think that is an amazing idea. Glad I noticed that part since it seems like others love it too :)
  14. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I'll edit the main post to clarify that you can offer your Santug multiple houses to choose from.

Remember: Give Jazabelle trustee to any house that you would like considered for the SSHHS, and make sure that Jazabelle knows the address of each house!
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to participate this year (RL rearing its ugly head; must prep a lot for that)...give my love and best wishes to all! :)

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Merriel and Trixwynter like this.
  16. Cylene Well-Known Member

I'll be looking forward to seeing some of these when they're finished. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to participate this year because of an arm injury :( .....Going through decorating withdrawals.
  17. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I know I've been quiet this past year (I've been so busy!), but I'm definitely participating. Email sent!
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

I got my email sent yesterday, finally. Sorry to hear you won't be participating this year, Uwkete, and I do hope you feel better soon, Cylene. Injuries can be so...annoying...the way they rear up at the worst possible moments (though truthfully, every moment is the worst possible moment for an injury). :D I do wish you a speedy recovery.
  19. Misstake Well-Known Member

Are you going to be sending back a small reply letting us know you got our emails? I am kinda worried about it as I really do not want to miss it. Thank you.
  20. Iskatawna Active Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! (all lizards have that sibilant s by the way) ;)