class change potion

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

im kinda surprised there isn't one to buy on marketplace but i figured why not suggest being able to take a potion then being able to pick a different class. It would wipe out your skills/spells and aa tree and basically send you to the class pick screen where they would only be able to repick whatever is racially appropriate and then you finish and you then relearn all the new skills and spells for that class. Probly could charge maybe daybreak cash or maybe make it a unique outside purchase like how kronos are to prevent the members from stocking up DBC and using these alot or charge alot of DBC like maybe 5,000-7,000dbc? I dunno how much of a hassle it'd be to make such a thing happen but I figured it may help some people
    Ykysh, Gnaff and Prissetta like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

There's the ability to reset your Tradeskill to lvl 9 for people wanting to change their tradeskill. For adventure class, you'd have to restart at level 1. Pretty much a new character at that point so I'm not sure the benefit.
  3. Faelan Active Member

They looked into doing this years ago, but there were/are too many technical issues. Adventure level is tied in to too many things, and then there is the problem of quest resets, etc. Just not feasable.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

You really already have it, and for only 3500 SC to boot: Roll a heroic toon. If you're out of slots, delete the toon you were going to change your class on.
    Lucus and Thalador like this.
  5. Anhari Active Member

If you are less than 13 characters, buy a few character slots for around 1000 DBC (only two months of subscription time)
  6. Cheesenabber Active Member

Why less than 13?
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I remember this coming up when they did the tradeskill reset potions. If I recall correctly it came down to the adventuring class being handled differently in the database than the tradeskill class and basically attempting to change the adventuring class would end up breaking the character entirely.
  8. Anhari Active Member

My understanding from these forums is that there are a max of 13 slots available. 7 from the base game (All Access) and 6 you can purchase from the market place/granted due to expansions/give a-way's, etc. But I may be wrong, if someone wants to prove it via a screen capture :)
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

LOL
    No, 13 most absolutely is not the cap for characters per account.

You can have 2 free, 4 if you bought silver, 7 if you pay a regular sub, 12 if you got grandfathered in the very very old $30 all-access sub count and you can buy as many additional slots as your heart desires. I know from personal experience you can have at least 30 on a single account and I know others who have more than I do. I don't know if there is a hard cap on the number of slots they will allow you to buy, but even if there is one, I don't think anyone has hit it yet.

Besides, it'd be pretty stupid of them to limit something that people will happily keep shelling out $10 for when a new specialty server comes out or a new class or a new race etc.
    Cheesenabber likes this.
  10. Cheesenabber Active Member

What Finora said. I have WAY more than 13, probably more like 50 characters, and I'm not even using all my slots. I had the 30$ sub from way back when, then when they had eq2 live and eq2 extended (the initial FTP experiment) I had both of those full plus some bought ones, and when they made the whole thing ftp they let you have enough slots so that you didn't have to choose to delete anyone. I think I also got a couple of free slots from LoN..
    Finora likes this.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

I have a couple I would buy such a potion for as they are max level crafters and after server merges I ended up with some of the same class on the same server. Apparently it is not something that can be done.
  12. Gnaff Active Member

I have been suggesting this for years.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I pointed it out to them in a different thread, they still went ahead and keep saying 13 is max :D
  14. Gnaff Active Member

I have way more than 13 . character slots per account. infact over the entire life of LoN i got 30 additional character slots between two accounts. many of those characters are max level Crafters. Some of those i dont do much adventuring on, simply because i dont like their adventure class. and i wouldn't think twice of paying $5 - $10 for the ability to change their adventure class to something i would enjoy playing.