Drop-down Character Select menu at Launch missing

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Granted, this is a tiny issue, but when "Trying login server #1" rears its ugly, fictional head (and it still happens, o Powers) when I just hit the big green PLAY button, it's the only way I can get into either Public Test or Thurgadin (EU region server). "Login server #1" isn't an issue at all on the US region servers. X-P

I hope this is just a glitch that came up because of a recent patch/update/etc. and not anything more sinister. Tried opening a ticket on it, and the support website is just plain awful. No "Other" category in the Technical area, so when I had to choose some sort of category, I went with Patching Issues (basically; can't recall the exact selection). Got the auto-email ("Thanks for contacting us. Tell us more.") that requested all sorts of technical info about my computer, when my computer hadn't changed in years, and definitely hadn't changed anything since the last time I got into game with the drop-down character select menu (yesterday).

Hence, not my fault. Anyone else having this issue? :-/

Uwk
  2. semisus Does not play this game

I have same issue.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool!! :D

Er, I mean, not cool, per se, but it's good to know it's not just me. ;->

May we get some satisfaction/answers/fix (heh) soon! :)

Uwk
  4. suka Well-Known Member

me too:
    [IMG]

and of course, if there is any bug or change, it finds me
  5. Cinnamon Active Member

I'm not sure this is allowed considering your acct name is showing, may want to blur that out
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Adevil like this.
  6. Jamiss Developer

That list is populated with information from Census which is currently experiencing some difficulties. We're aware of the issue and working on it.

Edited to Add: For now, you'll just have to hit Play without a character selected and go to the Character Select screen, but all of your characters are still there.
    suka, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  7. Nixer Active Member

As Jamiss said:
    This also affects EQ2U character lookups. As of now, account does not show any alts there. Not a real issue, just an fyi.
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

I really wish the patcher offered an option to unselect a character in there (especially in beta). As it is, if you click a character you have to close the patcher and reopen it. It's petty, but still irritating none the less.
  9. Clawrift New Member

I have the same issue today. the launchpad character select not up.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Thanks for the timely response! :)

Good to know it's nothing too awful. Fortunately, I got all the collectible pieces I needed for my Test and Thurgadin folks, and they're all pretty "old," Night of the Dead quest-wise. ;->

And hopefully, it won't take until November to get it sorted. :D

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! It's back! Thanks so much! :D

Uwk
  12. suka Well-Known Member

after the census took affect- a couple hours later- the character list came back. as for my account name showing- i didn't think about blurring it. and too late for editing. i really wish they wouldn't have a time limit on editing
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

You can edit the image, because images don't get uploaded here. You have to have stored them somewhere else and just point to them from your post.