Layout Editor error on 7 and don't see items in 8

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Anatha, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Anatha Active Member

I started working on something I am building in the breakout area of the New Halas Manor. I try to save the layout in v7 and get an error. I switched to v8 and don't even see the items I have in the crate or out of the crate. What is going on?
  2. Anatha Active Member

OK tested opening an older version of the layout in both v7 and v8. It shows up just fine. Tried saving the layout again as charname_manor_skyfire_september (one that does show just fine is charname_manor_skyfire_3-24-16). Still won't load in v8. On a side note, Windows 10 just did a huge update. Could that be the problem?
  3. Anatha Active Member

I have copied and pasted the error I am getting when trying to load or save a "With" file. Maybe someone can take a look and see what this could mean. It worked a few days ago when I was working on another project.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

value was either too large or too small of an Int64. Couldn't store <10916792952440555521> in Zone Column. Expected type is Int64.

System.ArgumentException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int64.Couldn't store <10916792952440555521> in Zone Column. Expected type is Int64. ---> System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int64.
    at System.Number.ParseInt64(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
    at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt64(IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Data.Common.Int64Storage.Set(Int32 record, Object value)
    at System.Data.DataColumn.set_Item(Int32 record, Object value)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Data.DataColumn.set_Item(Int32 record, Object value)
    at System.Data.DataTable.NewRecordFromArray(Object[] value)
    at System.Data.DataRowCollection.Add(Object[] values)
    at PrettyHouses.Form1.SaveGroupDataToFile()
    at PrettyHouses.Form1.SaveFile(String filePath)
    at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnFileOk(CancelEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.HandleVistaFileOk(IFileDialog dialog)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8745 (WinRel.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    EQ2LayoutEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.7.2.14
    Win32 Version: 1.7.2.14
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/EQ2LayoutEditor/EQ2LayoutEditor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8763 built by: WinRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
  4. JesDyr Well-Known Member

that is a bit crazy .. I wonder what they did that caused the unique house ID to get that large.

This will require a code change to fix.
  5. Anatha Active Member

So it's the unique house ID that is causing the problem?

Here is the old ID from a saved version on 3-24-16 - 3233089537,Unique House ID.
  6. Anatha Active Member

Just verified that it seems to be the UHID. On 2 previous saves of the layout 3233089537 was used but not this time. I don't know what would happen if I just replaced the new extremely long UHID with the old one as it most likely will continue to mess up with newer saves. So how do I get DB's attention that this is a coding problem?

BTW, I went into my guild hall that I have trustee access to and saved the layout and opened it just fine with both v7 and v8 of the layout editor. I also checked another New Halas home and it seems to be fine as well.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...wish there was a way to indicate "What happened sucks, but I sympathize!" in a button... :-/

Hope it gets resolved, but I probably won't upgrade my OS from Win7 until I'm forced to at gunpoint (though I'm still kicking myself for not getting Pro when I had the chance; Win7 Home Edition is pretty lame). :-/

Uwk
  8. JesDyr Well-Known Member

I mean a code change in the editor. However I am wondering if I can trust that number to be semi-persistent like it use to be.

The max value of a 64bit int is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 .. the value of the UID is 10,916,792,952,440,555,521 so the layout editor cannot convert it.
  9. Anatha Active Member

OK I think I get it. However, why would my other houses and my guild hall have the same UID that they had before through several months and several layout saves? What is causing this particular house to have a different UID? Your editor was working fine for many years without this problem from what I can tell from searches in the forums. I do remember when UIDs for items started being alpha/numeric and a dev looked into it and got it fixed but I don't see anything related to this problem that has happened in the past.
  10. JesDyr Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, the Unique House ID is some type of Primary Key for the Zone in the Database. I doubt it should change unless something like a server merge happens.

I reached out to Maevianiu to see what is going on. This quick fix would be to use Unsigned 64bit int, but I dont think that would work for long. I might have to just move to working with it as text, but I am not sure how much work that would be.
  11. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

the unique house ID is saved as an unsigned 64 bit number. However, that value could change if you move your characters between servers.

I do see a bug fix related to this value from back in June. It looks like that value was not being saved properly into layout files by the game back then. Was this layout file generated then?
    Anatha likes this.
  12. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

And that value is the unique ID of her house. So many Freeport 3 room houses will all be the same, but this number is the one that indicates HER 3 room house (not to be confused with other 3 room houses). Additionally, the value should be unique across worlds.
    Anatha likes this.
  13. Anatha Active Member

The last save of the New Halas manor was back in March. I hope that helps.
  14. JesDyr Well-Known Member

I patched my Editor to handle the number in Hex. The current issue isnt the game it is my editor. I convert the string to a signed 64bit int, which fails. I will just update to unsigned and that should resolve the issue.

The Pkey thing; I am guessing this is more than just zone instances. If it is just zone instances, I am amazed at how big the number has become.
  15. Anatha Active Member

I tried moving some stuff around and saving it. I don't get the error anymore but nothing is changing.
  16. Anatha Active Member

This is maddening because I can't use the editor at all on this build. No offense, JesDyr. I know you are busy with life. I just don't get why the UID changed.

I haven't moved this character from this server at all. I tried plugging in the old UID into a new saved instance and that didn't work either. Programming is not my strong suit so I am not sure what you would have to do to fix this or if DB has to do something on their end to get the UID to remain static. What is aggravating is it is just this house. No other houses I own or the guild halls that I am trustee of have this problem.
  17. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree with Uwk, win10 is the extinction-level asteroid,... it just has not hit yet,...
    win7pro is still available from multiple locations, i.e. a Dell OEM win7pro 64bit DVD for ~30.00 on ebay; just back up the important bits to a portable harddrive, and fry win10. (once fried, assure you go to GRC.com and get Never10, which uses M$ sanctioned Group Policy to forever prevent win7/8 from being infected by GWX)
    and since win7 is STILL.BEING.UPDATED. until 2019 there is no concern.
    Running one's system with Best Practices makes whatever MicroFlaccid does even less of a concern.

Lastly, there is no need for trepidation, just get the FREE operating system like Ubuntu, or FreeBSD, install the FREE Wine program (or at nominal cost (~$60.00) CrossOver from https://www.codeweavers.com/ which requires way less configuration) I used it during its trial phase, and EQII ran well enough to satisfy. Those who have greater hardware then I will probably have little to no problems.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Anatha Active Member

Well it seems that the error is NOT caused by my operating system. It is an error in JesDyr's application. I only went down that path because of the recent large update that I did for Windows 10. Now I know that it has nothing to do with that.
  19. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Anatha likes this.
  20. Anatha Active Member

Ok will check it out after raid tonight. Thanks again, JesDyr.