In-game Appearance Issues 9/21/2016

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jamiss, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiesmall New Member

My wife and i even thoe i hate wow were going to wow and I am being forced to play a game i dont like which is wow going eq2 the game i love. To a game i dont like.:( Thanks alot daybreak.
  2. eddiesmall New Member

I will be back but after eq2 works. To me eq2 is the best game out there but thats me. I have been a gamer all my life and i am 48 years old
    Hartsmith and Prissetta like this.
  3. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I've only been kicked once, but I was going to log out in a sec anyways so I didn't think anything of it. If it happens more I'll try to take notes.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Was there a patch or something today or yesterday to fix things? Launcher is re-loading everything and taking it's sweet time to do so.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  5. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Your computer is astounding btw. However, you didn't get to the 32bit limit you crashed at 2.25GB used by EverQuest2. Your computer ran out of virtual memory. Your settings for virtual memory are very low (4GB-ish) for such a high end computer.
    Prissetta, Terrius and Errrorr like this.
  6. Terrius Well-Known Member

Very odd. I wonder what would cause your crash log to report erroneous system data? Virtual memory is handled by the paging file, no? I currently have 32GB assigned to my Paging file.

Here's pics as proof!

Front page of DXDiag:
    [IMG]
    Task manager:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

P.S.
    If you want me to send any logs or anything let me know, I'm more than happy to provide info if it helps track down this issue! :D
  7. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Not everyone has $300 to spare.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

These are not the same as what they were when I started playing the game. Surely you can understand that I wouldn't have played for so long if the game had been unplayable from the beginning.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Technology improves over time. The game is a type of technology. *shrug*
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

When you crashed, we were sent your client log automatically. And in the crash dump I have:
    Memory | Total Physical
    Text
    Memory | Free physical
    Text
    Memory | Free Virtual
    Text
    263,356,416 bytes

The allocation was for some kind of mushroom bar band song (the music from a music file)? It was trying to allocate 32MB of contiguous virtual memory and the operating system said "no" and crash! While there was enough memory available, there was not a single 32MB chunk available from the OS. Maybe you had a lot of other programs running at the time of this crash?

Also, I only see a single crash from your computer in the last week (with numerous successful logins). I want to help, but poor Wolff crashed 13 times yesterday with no successful logins. I really want to help people in that situation first.

Also, as a fun fact, your machine is more powerful than the debug machine I use for making EverQuest2. And I'm running 3 clients, and a world server on it right now! In fact, I routinely run 6 clients on it. I am not ashamed to say, I am jealous of your computer.
  11. Terrius Well-Known Member

No problem I completely understand and can't imagine how frustrating it would be to crash without even being able to log in! I wasn't sure if the issues were related or not, I shall be patient and manage with the poofs to desktop! Perhaps after you squash the bug effecting Wolff we can chat again! :D

~

I built this system to run virtual machines so I kind of went overkill on it, I even have a raid 0 of SSDs and a raid 10 of 2TB disks! ;) The most clients I've run seamlessly at one time was 3 so far, it gets a bit overwhelming tabbing through each of them though!

P.S.
    I've actually crashed about 6 times in the last 48 hours on two separate systems, but most of the time the game just vanishes with no error and no log is generated. I'll start making a note each time it happens in case you wish to investigate further in the future when you have less pressing issues!

You rock! Keep up the good work and I wish you luck in fixing Wolff's issue!
  12. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

As a note, we are working on making a new client that will use less memory with the new assets. I don't have a time of when it will be out tho. All I can say is we are working on it and hope to have it out soon.
    Ceyllynn, Fredero, Neiloch and 4 others like this.
  13. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

I don't have a crash log from you crashing going into a guild hall, but I do have one of you trying to zone into thalumbra and it was from out of Virtual Memory. Checking it, you are riding your system memory limits really thin, and Thalumbra is one of our highest base memory footprint zones (player houses are the highest).

We are working on making a new client that will help some, but your system is really on the line of being able to run the game. To get you to log in, you might be able to by lowering your texture quality in the launchpad. After that you will probably need to experiment with settings to get it where you can play the way you want without crashing, but you are on the edge and will likely have to keep nearly all settings to a minimum.
    Juraiya, Ceyllynn and Kittybock like this.
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

15. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

16. Agee Member

My observation since the 51MB Patch that was loaded "Online" yesterday after original Outage patch

1. My home base house I camp in is small a house and not very crowded so not experiencing issue "directly" on login
    2. since this online patch - Memory commit size on login (normally around 1.3GB) is now 1.6-1.7GB on logon
    3. Zoning into Thalumbra - Memory commit size on 1st zone-in direct from house after logon (Normally around 1.6GB) now around 2.1GB to 2.2GB
    4. Memory commit consumption over time (normally around 50MB/hr allows me to stay for extended period in game before nearing "3GB" out of memory crash) - now being consumed at rate around 100MB+/hr (i'm dinging 3GB memory commit after about 7-10hrs online, even quicker the more I zone)

conclusion - something is hemorrhaging memory usage (memory leak in latest patch?)

look for file in your everquest2 folder called "outofmemory" with the crashes

Agee
  17. Beverlycsmall New Member

I tried logging in a gain and Got this.

Fatal Error
    EverQuest2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown

(verify)
    x:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
    (18096)
    DirectX Error. (error)
    00b8382f 01122821

So what should I do any help hereo_O
  18. ruinarion New Member

Thank you for checking into it. If you are increasing the specs on your software you should update the webpage. I meet or exceed all the recommended specs. I am currently running at minimum settings on everything. Before Tuesday's patch I was able to run at medium everywhere.

Is there any sort of ETA for the modified client? Is there anything we can do about the fact that I am currently an All Access user and not able to play the game as intended?

Thanks again.
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Niiice
  20. ZUES Well-Known Member

Got two more bugs for ya. It appears to be effecting some players and not others.

1. Selecting Auction channel in window option is not showing me auction chat. I've tried on multiple windows. Everyone watching that channel can see what I type, but I cannot see it.

2. Selecting a quest in the journal is not showing me the quest details in the right side of the quest window. This is the default UI. The below example shows how one quest is selected and another is visible. I can't change which one is visible on the right, it's stuck.

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.