In-game Appearance Issues 9/21/2016

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jamiss, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolff New Member

Jamiss I appreciate your attention to the issues I truly do, however the fact that this has gone on for 2 days is a sticking point for me. Granted there have been other issues through the month that have irritated me however in this case I feel like because we dont PvP or Battle Ground we are not taken seriously. the patch primarily focused on BG content yet buggered the game for a lot of other people. That is not good business I dont want anyone to suffer from a bug however if you can still play and enjoy the game with a bug I would think that would be preferable to not playing at all.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  2. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Could you guys give me a few character name/server names of crashing characters? I can try to find the exact cause.
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. OmetalZ New Member

Ookabo - Maj dul
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Violetann moved my character to Antonica for me, but now the game crashes before it can completely login to that zone. Not cool.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Oh gosh, 2 days? How about a full year where my computer couldnt load the game because of no optimization? This is an outrage though, 2 days shall not go unpunished.

Seriously. Please stop. This is annoying.
    Naramsin likes this.
  6. Jackotar New Member

I use to be able to log on to the game to "see" my invis and naked toons...and now I get as far as "caching appearances" the sound cuts in and out twice then game crashes. I did ANOTHER reinstall...and same thing. I even went through the trouble of a system recovery. My next monthly payment is due in another week and am telling you now, payment WILL be STOPPED. I been farting around my computer since this fiasco started thinking it was on MY END. Once this is over with....best bet is to butter up your disgruntled customers by what ever means possible before they are gone for good.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  7. Wolff New Member

Snik I am not down playing other peoples issues by any means however if you had a years worth of issues then you should be the first person to understand why people are upset. Ive been in the EQ world much longer than my account so I know the pain but the reality is if you do not like what you see in the forums dont bother looking, I make no appologies for my comments and the fact you think I should makes me laugh. I pay for my accounts, now account so Im entitled to my say if that bothers you please by all means report me and we will see where that leads,
    Hartsmith likes this.
  8. Wolff New Member

Maevianiu, I will gladly give you my account if you can fix it but lets start with Dwolff maj'dul server or Malwolff maj'dul server Demonwolff Maj'dul server Wolff Isle of Refuge server its not a character its account based
  9. Zyxia Active Member

OK I am seriously fed up :(
    I have introduced quite a few people to EQ II, one a couple of weeks ago, and what happens?
    Two days of unplayable content. They are not amused.
    As for Moonlights - well that has not happened because of this mess up since the server update.
    Come on PLEASE Daybreak, and admit that you goofed, and solve this problem asap.
    It is NOT our PCs or Ram because everything working fine BEFORE the update.
    People with 6GB ram have this problem.
    Oh and sending in bug reports doesn't work because there is no response. Not cool :(
  10. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

You ran out of memory. Your computer is barely on the line of being able to run EQ2 and it looks like you are running a 32bit OS (Vista?) which is not letting your operating system get all the use out of the memory you have available on your computer.

You can try increasing your virtual memory, and/or lowering the memory use of other things (it looks like you only 1.8GB of memory free when starting EQ2). My guess is that, you were barely on the line of being able to log in before and with the extra stuff in today's update (like assets for upcoming live events) it put you over the line.

I'll keep seeing what we can do on our end, but it won't be something we can just quickly update out there.
    Ceyllynn, Finora, Neiloch and 2 others like this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

In the last few days it's led to threads being locked, threads being deleted, and people being banned from posting (this usually accompanies a short period of being banned from playing with a warning about possible further action). DBG has been pretty clear that they are working on the issue and that they welcome constructive feedback. Spamming the forums with "I'm mad!" doesn't really help anything.
  12. Wolff New Member

Dude I appreciate what your saying however I have not been ignorant just pointed. I endeavor to speak my piece in that fashion however there comes a point where that no longer matters. This is that point. Ive mentioned that I do not dismiss others issues however I am no less important than someone whos BG gear is not working correctly sorry but thats a fact
  13. Lamatu Active Member

This problem of bigger art assets in game seems to be reoccurring since the AoM xpac. When AoM went into beta and then live people have had to quit playing because of minimum specs that seem to be continually pushed higher by the game.

The patch on Tuesday was a art push for xpac 13 and this problem pops up again.

It's like we're back to 2004 and SOE losing subs to WoW because of a unloadable/playable game.

I agree people should be on Windows7+ and 4gb+ ram if you wanna game but this is a 12 year old game.
    Ceyllynn and OmetalZ like this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

Altar of Malice uses the new terrain tool, which allows for Shader 3 textures to be used for the terrain, resulting in overland zones that look 10x better than the previous stuff, yet can be created in a few days instead of a few months.

Yes, that means EQ2 requires a computer introduced within the last 8 years. A computer sold today at Best Buy for $300 will run EQ2 at High Quality settings. A computer from a yard sale or Habitat for Humanity or Goodwill will run it at Balanced.
    Ceyllynn, Juraiya, Naramsin and 5 others like this.
  15. Castegyre Well-Known Member

When EQ launched I could play it with a 2Mb graphics card. Things change.
    Snikkety and Ceyllynn like this.
  16. ruinarion New Member

Well my characters have decided to get dressed but I don't seem to be able to zone into the guild hall. My one character that isn't in a guild seems to be able to play fine but since all my other characters are currently in the guild hall I can't play them.

One of them is Ruinar on Maj'dul
  17. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

If this is the basic direction the game is going, then you are going to be losing a lot of payed subscriptions. Not only do I have two paid subscriptions, but also recently purchased the collectors edition of ToT for one of my ftp accounts.

[/quote]I'll keep seeing what we can do on our end, but it won't be something we can just quickly update out there.[/quote]

Obviously, if you are not concerned enough to make this game playable (for those of us with pc's that used to be well within minimum specs when we first started playing) by the time my current subscriptions expire, I sure as heck will not be allowing them to renew. My niece plays that other game that has been around for years. It still recognizes the fact that some long term players still have older operating systems.

I'd like to say that EQ2 is still a great game to play but I have to be able to play the game before I can say that.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Skyfire server
    Characters played and crashed today include: Hartsmith, Gallifreyr, Gildagard, Oswina, Riverpond,
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Castegyre Well-Known Member

This is, hands down, the most worrying part of this entire situation for me.
    Ceyllynn and Tekka like this.
  20. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Should??? No. It would be nice if we all could afford the newer pc's with awesome graphics cards but that just isn't reality. As you pointed out, this game has been around 12 years. So one would think that developers would be aware of that fact and try to make it so that those players that have been around for that long but don't have newer pc's could still play.
    Soara2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.