Can't log in to Launcher...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Solus, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Solus New Member

It is 8:20 AM Eastern which would make it 5:20 AM Pacific Time and Launch Pad does not recognize my ID and Password.

So,

1. My account is fouled up and I need help recovering it.
    2. You lied to us about shutting down at 6:00 AM and don't care about good business practices, customer relations and wasting their time and inconveniencing them when they plan around what you post.
    3. You can't tell time.

Which is it?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ceyllynn like this.
  2. Ipocrita Active Member

According to the patcher there is supposed to be maintenance from 6am PDT .. perhaps they started early.
    I notice however that the maintenance isn't listed on the forum yet ... so maybe the time has been amended and they didn't communicate. Not recognising log-in details is usual for maintenance.
  3. Illeara Active Member

I wouldn't worry about your account just yet. It probably is related to maintenance. Maybe they wanted to get it out of the way early today so it didn't affect so many people? I have no idea, but I like to hope that little issues like this are caused by them trying to do a good thing. But I agree, communication is key and DBG sucks at it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ceyllynn like this.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

I had troubles at first too. I selected my main from the patcher and logged in just fine after that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's been said repeatedly, for years... DGB and SoE are extremely lousy at communicating anything to customers. "customers" is a keyword here, I swear they really forget what that means, we PAY them and they should remember that. when a service is paid for, it is up to them to inform us of required downtime, not just do it randomly or "close enough" especially when dealing with international customers spread over a dozen different time zones. I appreciate the "why", they are bringing it down and making it more playable/improving the game.. but come on, after this many years... communication is damned important.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

They have their issues, but honestly, this wasn't one of them. There has been notification that this was going to happen since Friday, both on the launcher and on their Twitter feed (which means also on the main forums page on the right). I'm not sure what else they could have done in this particular case. Skywriting?
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Brokenside New Member

bypass the launcher should work
  9. Illeara Active Member

Yes, they did say that this was going to occur. The whole issue here is that if, IF they decided to start early and it wasn't a simple computer issue on Solus' part, they need to communicate better to their customers. Stick to the plan or communicate changes. That's all.
  10. Razpberry Member

sigh,launcher still buggy and my VC is not connecting..
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. Katzandra Well-Known Member

After a successful log on with launchpad with the game running well, I started encountering ping spikes, packet loss and crashes to character select on zoning. When I tried to relog from one of the crashes, I could not connect to launchpad so I had to circumvent it using EQ2.exe. The game is running very poorly for me. I am glad to know I am not alone!
    Ceyllynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Slow zoning is bad enough, but its really annoying to crash to character select every time one zones and then get the message that you have a character in the game.............
  13. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

So it's not just me.
    Suddenly, today, I lagged out so badly in the game it's completely unplayable. The website has been spotty, too... it's taken me a solid half hour just to get where I can post this :( I've reset my router, I've restarted my computer... nothing. Don't know if it's my ancient computer or it's something different, everything else has been working fine.
    Can't play EQ2.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  14. Havox New Member

well I've been trying to login for about an hour and just finally got in just now
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Usually when that happens, a) I anticipate it ("Ooh ooh ooh! You're an evil [Korean/Chinese/Russian/Finnish/whatever] person trying to do bad things in game! Ooh ooh ooh! We caught you, naughty person!" [never mind that hasn't been an issue for YEARS]) and b) go to a more reliable form of entertainment, like Minesweeper or Solitaire for a minute or two while it clears the frantic out of its system. X-P

Uwk
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FORUMS. HERE. >:-/

Nothing here but the Twit/Twerk/Twhatever on the side, in fine print, and the old, wrong announcement they had last week (the 13th being on a TUESDAY, according to my calendar, and it had started 2 hours earlier than they said it would have. The correct info was only on the main home page, which most people don't look at if they expect to get reliable information via the forums, and was taken down almost immediately).

If they'd actually posted what they did elsewhere on the forum page here, complete with "since this isn't a game update, don't look for Game Update Notes" message, it would have been appreciated. Not everyone on the planet Twits.

Uwk
    Juraiya and Ceyllynn like this.
  17. Illeara Active Member

This needs to be plastered everywhere. I get that sometimes, people have to suck it up and get a Facebook or something to be informed. But I, a technologically illiterate twenty-something, agree with Uwkete: post updates on several different forums if the vast majority of your user base does not use Twitter. And from what I can tell, most don't use Twitter.
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

heh I gave up after hours of trying yesterday, of being unable to log into any of their forums(both eqs) or games(both)... so I did go onto twitter.... of course got a reply hours after the two tweets I sent, asking for what errors I was getting... none of course, everything just hung there. they don't even look at twitter often *sigh*, and I only got it because of the damned forums being down before.

edit: that was yesterday afternoon, when the game started going down, well after the schedualed main.
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I experienced one log-in fail yesterday, but chalked it up to Maintenance.

That said, we are customers, yes. How many business do we deal with on a daily basis that have a forum which allows this type of Feedback? When Cable drops, lights go out for a bit, a business makes changes or the bagging kid smashes your bread, etc. do you go on their site and make assumptions like folks make here? Nope. Even if they had a site that allowed those things, they'd generally delete your comment as the time that most consumers give feedback is when they are unhappy.

I personally think the game does a good job, even though there is a reduced staff.

Kitty
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

There is a facebook & twitter feed just to the right of these forums. Right on the same page. If people can find the forums, they can find those feeds. You don't have to have a facebook or twitter account to see them.

In the case of stupid DDOS people you may of course have to actually visit Facebook or Twitter since the forums often go down as well as the game, but you still don't have to have an account to see what the devs are posting.

I know people don't LIKE having Daybreak put up information anywhere but the official forums, but I don't think they make finding the information that onerous.
    Prissetta, Kittybock and Xianthia like this.