[PSA] RIP Stonestrong

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mogrim, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogrim Well-Known Member

For many of you older-timers, Stonestrong was a legendary player of EQ2, one of the early dominant greats in the game.

I've confirmed with multiple people that he passed last night. Way way too young. One of the true giants of the game. :(
    Kittybock likes this.
  2. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Man :( nuffink but terrible news.
    Always sad to hear.
  3. Venser Active Member

wow, this is sad news.

RIP the peoples champ
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Damn. :( That guy was a trip.
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Rest in peace.
  6. Anhari Active Member

I am always glad to see how much the community on this game (and EQ) is alive. I have had several friends over the 16 years that I have played this game pass away, and every time, the community comes out and wishes then and their families well.

I wish that the Devs/DB would implement a graveyard feature, where we could submit player information so that we could have a lasting memento of them in game, like they do in CS Home for fallen guides. It would be nice to be able to hold funerals in game as well as marriages. This game is so much more than just pixles on a screen. It is a sense of community, where our lives intertwine just like in the real world.

Any way, RIP our true friend and giant in this game.
    Sydnye, Drusi_EQ2, Palarran and 2 others like this.
  7. Lasai Well-Known Member

Perhaps an "inscribable" memorial that could be crafted and placed much like player books.

I've often downloaded memorial mods made for Skyrim just to show my respects and forward a screenshot to those who created it.

I remember him well, though I never interacted with him. My thoughts go to his Family.
  8. Dotuming Active Member

Incredibly sad news. Stoney was a good friend and a great guildmate. Ill never forget the banter back and forth about his beloved Saints team. You will be missed. RIP Brother.
  9. Axzsif Member

Wow, I don't even know what to say. For some reason I thought this was gonna be a troll. Seriously a sad day.
  10. SacDaddy420 Active Member

11. Wurm Well-Known Member

RIP #1 Paladin WW :(
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Having lost a beloved guildmate unexpectedly in the past and knowing the loss you all feel, my condolences to all that knew him.
    May you play on Stonestrong.
  13. Noctew Active Member

I didn't know him, but I feel sorry for your loss.

A memorial zone would be great, but fortunately player created memorials are a good substitute. There are gravestones which can be inscribed; I think they are craftables from NOTD. I have two of them in my guild hall for my former raidforce's defiler who died in 2014 and our dirge eho passed away this year. Maybe a talented decorator would volunteer to create a memorial house for each server and put it on public
    Anghammarad, Ellah, Cloudrat and 4 others like this.
  14. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

R.I.P. A memorial zone is always a nice thought.
  15. Elostirion Well-Known Member

I'm old.

I remember Stone.

Memorials sound like a good idea. The game's old enough to have a fair number of them.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would buy a house in Halas or something, the largest one and donate the purchase cost, but I do not know how to decorate, though I would love to learn on AB and make the people that want to do this and know how to decorate trustees. I would also put fuel depot, harvest depot in it and put a lot of fuel and harvests in for their use in decorating and maintaining the house. If anybody is interested please send me an in game mail.

Cyrrena
  17. RadarX Community Manager

This one has run for a bit and unfortunately is a bit off topic. Please do feel free to contact each other via PM or in game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.