[Wish List] Prestige Homes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

2. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

3. That guy. Well-Known Member

So much this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They'll never go for that; if we could do that, we wouldn't be buying another one for the alt. :-/

Uwk
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I wish that ALL items purchased with DBC (except for consumed consumables, natch!) and LoN loot items would revert to the account when a toon is deleted. They could show up in /claim for another toon to use. I know I've lost some items because I didn't think about it when I deleted a toon... never lost a house, though.
    Crazylayde, Geroblue, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  6. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I wish they'd resurrect the plan to allow us to sell pre-decorated homes, but for plat instead of cash. :\
    Could set it so a house with items that revert into actual gear with stats cannot be sold/traded.
    Could even make it a Drunder offence to copy a house decorated by someone else and resell copies. Ther'd have to be a popup window when you use the deed the first time to let people know the restrictions/rules. (Not sure how copy protection would work, I just know the idea got scrapped due mainly to people upset that someone would do just that, and nearly everyone else said they'd refuse to buy a house they couldn't change things in. Setting up different options would have worked, IMHO, so people could sell a no-layout/non-changeable house, and others could sell a changeable house with no protection on the layout. There would have been a workaround eventually though, I suppose.)
    Basically, it just all got too complicated.
  7. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Fix the Kromzek prestige house to allow flight/gliding/leaping. With that much vertical space, I'd really like to be able to fly around there. I was trying to decide on a prestige house for my flock of flyers on IoR, and was leaning toward the Kromzek house.... until I tested it and found out only ground mounts work there. That means my Aerakyn and Arasai will never be able to perch on the window ledges. So, Dhalgar Precipce house instead. <pouts>
    Geroblue, Cyrrena, Cheallaigh and 3 others like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Isn't the Kromzek based on The City of the Coldain, where we actually CAN fly around inside? :(

And if a roof overhead is the issue, why can we fly in any of the prestige houses, since they're all supposed to be "inside" in the first place? We can fly our own mounts in Thundering Steppes, for cry-yi, and that has one of the lowest flight ceilings I've ever been in, zone-wise (not higher than the first unclimbably steep cliff tops). :-/

I think that if any "ceilings" are higher than a value of X and the doorways are wider than a value of Y (not coordinates, just generic variables ;->), then we should be able to fly in any prestige place (if we can get to a loc by the simple use of maxed-size dividers as ramps, canted at just enough of an angle to run up them, we should be able to fly up there). That would, of course, exclude things like the Personal Dojo, but you get the idea. ;->

Uwk
    whose dearest, deepest love is for the Personal Planetarium...now there's another place that would be awesome to fly in! :D
  9. Mirt Well-Known Member

The tupta area as a prestige home would be cool
  10. Sagedust Member

Crazylayde, Kattt, elflover and 3 others like this.
  11. Sagedust Member

I'm perfectly fine with the size of the rooms in the Tree the way they are. I've been looking for a prestige house that would better suit a Fae. Having larger rooms this the Oaktree would be too much for some people. The acorn houses are a pain to decorate with the floor that they have. The oak tree has better-looking floors but the rooms are perfect. There's no need to make them bigger. I would also like to see maybe some of the discontinued homes to be available like The Bableshire, but the Oaktree would be perfect as is for a fae or an Arasai.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Sagedust Member

The tree house in the Elder Forest would also be nice and again perfect for the fae folk.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love that tree.

We need something stylized for Ogres, and to a lesser extent Trolls. I cannot think of any of the prestige homes that would be comfy and like home for an Ogre.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, just like Big Bend. :-/

Uwk
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I used to love Starcrest Commune. Guess it the astronomer in me and being a child of the 60's. And yes, I do actually have degrees in physics, astrophysics, astronomy, geology, mathematics, and civil engineering. So I am a rocket scientist =). I seem to be so spacially challenged though that house decorating is a monumental task that I fail at miserably, but I love to have the houses just to admire the art. So please nobody say, "its not rocket science", if it were, I would get it. Unfortunately, things beyond my control are stealing these things from me. I like to revisit places that I adored such as Starcrest Commune.

I personally do not have any Ogres or Trolls, but my dear friend has an entire stable of them and I told him I would give a shameless request here for something homie and comfy for them.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting to become a rocket scientist LOL I just have an associates degree in secretarial sciences. Only needed 3 classes to finish and get my masters, but then life happened and never got to finish.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Wow, if there is any way under the sun that you can get those 3 classes finished, do it!!! You did all that work to get almost to the finish line. I know the feeling though, things happen and we make due with what we have. Good luck though and I hope that fortune smiles upon you and you get to finish your degrees off.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Well, we started our own business and that take ALOT of my time, and at my age, I don't see it happening. Plus owning your own business no one really cares if you have a degree or not, they just want their stuff, when they want it which is usually 3 days before you even get the order. We have been so crazy busy this past year, I barely have time for EQ2 anymore :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes that is life, as John Lennon said, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans". Finishing your degree would not be for anybody but yourself, whether you own a business or not, you did the work, your sense of satisfaction at getting to complete it is all that would matter. If you cannot, that is understandable as well. Seems the older we get, the less time we have, not only to live, but seems the days become shorter and more hectic.

I am positive I had more hours in the day when my children were under the age of 18. And no, its not because I am sleeping more as I get older. I have been a rampaging insomniac for over 30 years, so if I sleep 2-4 hours a day I have gone and overslept.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL that's my Hubby to a tee. He goes to bed around 3 - 3:30 everyday and wakes up at 6:30. People area always telling me "you need to make him go to bed" Yea not happening, we've been together 24 years, I'm pretty sure he isn't going to change any time in the near future.