Disappointing as usual

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by TerraEbb, Sep 4, 2016.

1. TerraEbb New Member

So I have been away from the game for years. Shadow Odyssey is the last expansion I recall purchasing. My wife and I decided to give EQ 2 another go and it has been pretty fun so far game wise. I saw the deal come up for the expansion and I wanted to purchase it for her and I. Well I have the parental controls on because I have kids that used to play Free Realms. However I cannot for the life of me recall the password it was very long time ago.

So I submit a support ticket from the address that is right on the parental control page and I get a form letter back saying I have improperly submitted a ticket that I needed to log into the Daybreak Games portal and submit again. I do and I get the same exact response verbatim that I got from the email address I sent the request into first except it is literally in the support console that it is asking me to submit the request "properly" through.

I am pretty frustrated at this point and remember this is a game, a leisure activity that I could choose to toss time at any game. I do not want to spend a great deal of time or any time at all really trying to do something simple like a password reset. I know all of this is for my own protection but at some point, the point I am at currently I am just going to walk away and spend money someplace else. A company should not make it difficult for their customers to purchase from them no matter how trivial the amount is. I had a similar issue with Steam and my steam guard app do to a failed phone back up and they had that squared in a few hours no fuss, no run around, no obscure support process, and no problem. That is why Valve is sitting on a pile of cash and well you fill in the rest.
  2. Aelissa Well-Known Member

They seem to respond on twitter about tickets. There's a tiny tweet share on the bottom of this page to share it just put @daybreak or @daybreakgames or go on their page and tweet it to them. Hope this helps and good luck!
    TerraEbb likes this.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It is also a holiday weekend and undoubtedly little support.
    Have you tried the login recovery tool on your wife's account?
  4. Lamatu Active Member

I have seen posts about old parental locks in the past and they usually are very hard to impossible to remove.

If you can get a petitioned started it may take awhile to get a answer only to find out you're screwed.

I suggest you contact a DEV directly on the forums as some have been helpful in the past and could probably fix this faster.

Click this link which shows DEV activity on the forums and start a convo with one or more. Just put a comma after each name in the convo line.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?recent-activity/
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. TerraEbb New Member

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I will say since EQ Beta, I always loved the EQ /EQ 2 community. Game = Fun, Support = Abysmal, community = Super Fantastic
    Aelissa and Prissetta like this.
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I hope it goes well, and gets resolved. I so wish we had phone or live chat support. It'd be easier and less stressful.