Mitigation Changes Since Zek Scourge Was Released?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by redwoodtreesprite, Sep 3, 2016.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I remember doing the beginning quest with my inquisitor. Went in at first with basic AoM gear and she got pounded. Bought her a full set of Thalumbra gear and she was fine in there.

So, I do it now with a paladin, wearing the Thalumbra gear. And she is getting pounded as much as my inquisitor was in the AoM gear. Her heals could barely keep her alive against 2 or more.

What has happened?

I am nervous now, as I have a swashy about to do the same quest, and I can't get a merc better than Krivok. This is on the free trade server. So no chance to even be able to afford a Lorr'kejut even if he did turn up on the broker.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Mobs haven't changed there, but as for merc, go fly around solo Zek for the location achievements and it unlocks you the free inq merc from there who is probably best available now.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

The mobs in Scourge seem the same. My paladin could fight a group of orcs in Scourge with no problems, with no merc up at all.

It's the mine/cave you have to do before you can enter Scourge. The mobs there seem to be hitting a LOT harder.

I have only the Swashy on my other account that is 100, and the others are low level. I had thought she could handle the cave, but now I am very uncertain. As I cannot get a good healer merc UNTIL I can get to the fat healer orc in Scourge.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

A guild flag will allow you to bypass the cave quest, possibly worth considering to get the merc.
    redwoodtreesprite likes this.
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Really? Would a call of the veteran work as well?
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

You can bypass the cave once you have done it the first time on an account. Just go to a wizard spire to zone in.
  7. Lamatu Active Member

If you have done the mail quest on a different server but same account you can go directly to zek.

I got the free zek merc on a lvl 5 using my mario skills on my first toon on the free trade server.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! I was able to use the spire. :)