Missing Characters

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wolff, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Wolff New Member

I am missing all of my characters and am now directed to create character screen on log in! On top of that it asks me to PURCHASE every race........ I have multiple Characters and extra purchased Char slots on this account, I need this fixed ASAP my account just updated payment and I am unable to play.

I have submitted a Ticket however In 18 hrs I have heard nothing in reply.
    This is a very poor way to do business, I am a 12 year Vet of the game and this does not entice me to continue with DayBreak if I can expect multiple periods of non access to my account.
  2. Wolff New Member

I have now submitted a second Ticket.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

There are two other threads here from a couple of other people who are having a similar issue. I didn't check to see if either of them had gotten a resolution yet, but you might want to keep an eye on the ALL characters missing thread and the Issues with login? threads here in support as well.

Could be one of them gets a solution and can pass the info along.
  4. Skarekill New Member

I am on the end of day 3 with no help with the same problem...have entered 3 tickets and several tweets and still cannot play. I also am a veteran since launch and am very dissapointed with the lack of response from daybreak....
  5. Wolff New Member

Thanks for the the info Skarekill, I find this to be unacceptable. Im out my monthly payment which is closer to 20 a month for me as Im a Canadian and I am unable to access the game. I am less than thrilled I can not contact anyone via phone or in game either. I think its time for Daybreak to re-evaluate how they conduct these matters and perhaps take the time to respond to their customers concerns, issues and more notably their happiness...... Without them they have no game.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Ok, pardon my double checking, cause this sounds sad and I do want to help. You submitted a ticket, and then got pretty much instantly an email, from DB? It's like an email form letter of confirmation. Did you receive that?
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The email has been a spotty thing (at least for me, which it used to never fail to show up).

The key thing to do is to check on the ticket online and actually update it, even if there is nothing to update except to say "It's still not fixed".

@ OP and Skarekill, I'm just being curious :) , how are you submitting multiple tickets, are they under one account? Or submitting tickets from different accounts?

I think I'd be flailing and frantic regarding missing toons. (well maybe not as dramatic as that...)
    Avahlynn likes this.
  8. Billyjak Member

ok. got replied and fixed for my issue. said there were to many deleted characters so it couldn't log properly. draw back of being an alt o holic.

anyway. back in business. on the bright side got some vitality built up.

B.
    Juraiya, Katz, Finora and 2 others like this.
  9. Lamatu Active Member

Wow what a crazy issue. I probably have over 20 deleted toons.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Makes me glad my alt problem leads me to almost never delete characters ever (since they added the ability to buy more slots).

I'm glad you got your issue fixed! Here's hoping they get Skarekill & Wolff corrected as well.
  11. Wolff New Member

My issue is now fixed and as with you I had too many deleted Characters apparently,

In regards to the response via Form letter that, in my opinion, is not the same as addressing an issue directly. When issues arose with log in and the like while Sony was still in charge (and by no means am I implying they were better) there was a number you could call. The issue for me was time lost and a feeling of uncertainty while no one contacted me for almost 24 hrs, that to me poses a serious customer relations issue.

But I digress Back to the world of EQ2.
    Adevil likes this.
  12. Skarekill New Member

same here....4 days later i get a response stating that it is fixed and that i too had too many deleted characters....I just wish they had sent a response stating something like " hey we received your issue and are looking into it as soon as we can" or something...I spent 3 days alone with nothing...Ah well, back to the game and thank you for all the responses between the multiple threads...
    Adevil likes this.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sounds like it would save a lot of aggravation if they would add a popup message to the Delete button regarding too many deleted toons AND provide a way to permanently delete one or more deleted toons.
    Juraiya, Xianthia and Lojaak like this.
  14. Lojaak Well-Known Member

I'd love to be able to delete some that I created on a whim but never intended to play and don't intend to restore
    Juraiya likes this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think since account creation on 11/04/2004 I have only deleted one character. I just can't bring myself to do it even though most never get played.

Glad your issues are resolved.

Cyrrena
  16. Treeling New Member

I had this problem as well but looks like its now sorted
    I contacted daybreak support and they suggested the below
    (1) they gave me a link to this https://help.everquest.com/hc/en-us/articles/217982357 on how to clear the cache
    (2) and the thing that I think did solve the problem was this advise from them
    "you'll need to make sure that your Version is set to EU English and not US English on your Launchpad"
    as it had become set to US once that was done it then repacked and all the chars came back
    hope that helps
    Prissetta likes this.