Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Maj'Dul Server

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Today I reveal Part 1 of 2 of my Wizard of Oz tribute project - Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It can be found under Massive Homes / Newly Published on the Maj'Dul Server. (Part 2, -The Emerald City- to follow soon.)
    Actual Addresses - Somewhere over the Rainbow - Lumiera's Ethernere Enclave, The Emerald City - Shanette's Dhalgar Precipice - Both South Qeynos.

A preview.

Munchkinland
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Following the Yellow Brick Road, we encounter :

The Scarecrow
    [IMG]

The Tin Woodsman
    [IMG]

The Cowardly Lion
    [IMG]

The forest seems to be alive and watching us...
    [IMG]

The field of poppies
    [IMG]

And the portal to the Emerald City
    [IMG]
    Juraiya, SierraDawn, Finora and 9 others like this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

lovely job- you have to be one of the very best on our server. i always love your work
  3. Gracey Well-Known Member

OOO Pretty!!! Will come visit tonight!!
  4. Nurot Active Member

looks really good. looks like im gonna have to make a new account. looking forward to touring.
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  6. kianne Well-Known Member

Fantastic!!. i love it :) love it when people make theamed homes.. :)
  7. Wizzam Well-Known Member

She really did an outstanding job! The red "slippers" killed me! lmao
  8. Uaine New Member

9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Very cool! Lots of fun. Nice job. I'm off to see the wizard... :p :rolleyes:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  10. Spextasy Well-Known Member

A few pics of The Emerald City also. It can also be found under Massive Homes / Newly Published. Maj'Dul server of course!

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  11. Gracey Well-Known Member

Loved it!! Those little red shoes poking out from under the house just cracked me up!! <3
  12. Valzen Well-Known Member

Positively adorable and creative. :D Well done!!!!
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Ooooo I tried to go to the Emerald City house when I was touring but it must not have been published yet. Will have to go back to see that house now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

I so need to go visit both these places. Just haven't had nearly as much time to play lately as I would like. Maybe I can sneak in there tonight. Btw, I absolutely love your Yellow Brick Road. :D
  15. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Worth seeing, it has a great sense of humor to it, and is well executed. The village was fun, seeing all the little homes from player studio and how adorably cute the munchkins were. The road winds about and the use of trees and sight line gives you a sense of a journey, something not easy to do, much less do well and it is very well done here. The tin man, the scarecrow, the ruby slippers and field of poppies had my older sister (and movie fan) so happy and she sounded like a kid at Christmas time lol. The Emerald City was equally as great. (Be sure to check all the shop names....Kelly, Olive, etc...all plays on the green theme) and the shop windows were gorgeous.

It was an excellent experience and in the best possible way, it felt like a movie tribute, and not at all hokey or uninspired. We giggled and grinned and had a fun fun time. Wonderful work and a must see.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Very very cute! That cloak made such a perfect lion's mane on the Cowardly Lion. The munchkin village is adorable, and I love how you used the tree's to sort of 'direct' traffic. The Emerald City is gorgeous, though it left me wanting to explore the shops. :D

I also visited your portal home...very nice! Curious...the trophy's on the benches on the inside circle...I'm guessing those are 'city' homes, since there are no house portals there? I like how you dedicated one room specifically to your Harry Potter series, and another to Places of Worship. :)
  17. Kenana Well-Known Member

What a fun home! Shan, you are SO talented! I could just hear those munchkins singing and doing they're little dance! Great job!
  18. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Yep the ones around the inside wall are for non-prestige / city houses. :)
  19. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm so glad everyone is enjoying them! :)
  20. Niboota Well-Known Member

I love The Wizard of Oz!!! I'll need to see this home in person!