New backpacks bugged too?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by frail_mm, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Faelan Active Member

I've had this bug from the beginning on my character that uses the adventurer's backpack. It happens regardless of the method used to set the appearance, especially if zoning into or out of a house.
    I also noticed that my slot count is still 44 slots, not 66, though it is the same backpack currently being offered on the marketplace. Also an appearance quiver that I bought remains a backpack and has not converted to a quiver as the ones on the marketplace have changed. No updates for earlier buyers?
    Lucus likes this.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

My previously purchased bags (of the same name as the 'new' marketplace ones) also show as 44 and include: second breakfast backpack, scarlet privateer's backpack, hua mein traditional backpack, tinkered backpack, and assassin's backpack on one account.

second breakfast backpack on another account.
    Lucus likes this.
  3. frail_mm New Member

I recorded several videos and tried to get some scenarios that would/would not trigger this problem, but attached the first when I logged into the game. Unfortunately, after an hour of testing, there was no rhyme or reason to the behavior. Zoning into Lavastorm would remove the backpack on some zones, and not others.

As you can see from the video, most (though not all) zonings would revert it.

Please ignore my wife burning herself with a glue gun in the background. No idea why the mic was recording in the video.

Edit: Since you guys are currently looking into this, I went ahead and bought the swashie backpack from the DBG store. Same behavior as shown in the video in the 2nd pack slot.

4. Masynrae Member

Hey Meerdra - I bet it is because you are using SOGA models for your dark elf. Try the original models to see if the issue keeps happening maybe?
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Sorry I never ever use SOGA models (didn't even know they were still in game) and I get the same issue. Also I never use the options menu, I just right click on the bag from the character window and choose "set as appearance". Same thing happens after zoning or even evac'ing a few times.
  6. Masynrae Member

Bummer, so much for an easy remedy.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

same here with my merry frostfell, assassins. second breakfast otter pup one etc.
  8. frail_mm New Member

Fix for backpacks doesn't appear to be coming in this week's patch, but maybe we can hope for a stealth fix. That said, the bug report on the tracker did have its status upgraded!
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

Maybe someone could also let us know if previously purchased bags will have the capacity increased as well.
    Lucus likes this.
  10. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Good news! I found it, and I'll get a fix out with the next hotfix for it. I just kept using that character for all of my work for a week and eventually BOOM got it to happen. Thanks for the help!

What was causing it?

Knock Knock
    Race Condition
    Whose there?
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Good work, Maevianiu, and thanks! I don't have one, but others do. So again, thanks!