New backpacks bugged too?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by frail_mm, Jul 19, 2016.

1. frail_mm New Member

I really like the new backpacks, and would probably buy one. But I want to make sure they don't suffer the same bugs as other backpacks detailed here:

https://dgcissuetracker.com/projects/EQII/issues/EQII-339?filter=allopenissues

TLDR: Backpacks toggled on revert to a cloak (or whatever) upon zoning. Confirmed tonight this is still a bug with existing packs (i.e. they didn't stealth hotfix it today).
  2. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I didn't think this was a problem with the back packs themselves but rather had something to do with the option to show them and however that was implemented. At least that's been my experience with this happening. /shrug
  3. frail_mm New Member

Sure, I guess my question is - does the same behavior happen with these backpacks that happens with my other backpacks. If so, they are more or less useless outside of the bag slots, which I don't really need.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Still happens, don't see why the new ones would be any different. Bug has been around for years. I gave up wearing them because of it.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

I'm a bit mystified as to why they'd be promoted as an appearance item, when the display issue hasn't been fixed, rather than just - Buy the giant inventory bags! You'll never get crafted ones this spacious!
  6. Jrel Well-Known Member

I bought mine for the space, but I hide it. Assassin backpack appearance is still too big for my tastes, not dark enough, and isn't armed with automatic Shuriken/Dart Launchers. ;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. frail_mm New Member

Disappointing this wasn't fixed, I would have purchased one or two. Would it be possible to get a dev response acknowledging this issue, and possibly an ETA (or a "heck no, not gonna be fixed")? Would help prioritizing purchasing decisions.
  8. Monotone Active Member

I got one of the new bags and so far it has not reverted for me. That might be though I think I have rendering cloaks disabled. Would have to be at home to verify that.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Oddly my backpacks always show. I've not had them revert when zoning.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

There seems to be some degree of randomness, as it affects some, but not all. And of those affected, some are not affected all the time.
  11. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I have two ogre brothers that I made some years ago mainly for RP reasons that are on two different accounts. One of them has the 2nd breakfast pack and almost never has a problem. The other has the assassin's pack and I have to reset the appearance for it almost every time he zones. It's been this way almost as long as those two packs have been in the game. I have a couple of other characters that have used quivers and packs for appearance with mixed results. I'm sure there is some rhyme or reason to it, but I have no idea what it is which is why I worded my previous comment the way I did.
  12. frail_mm New Member

Any updates for us backpack-buying people? (never thought I'd use that sentence)
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Tekka Well-Known Member

The issue dates back to 2012, and according to a linked thread on the bug tracker (from earlier this month), the answer (and solution I presume) is complicated.

It would be nice if it got fixed, though, as I have several SC backpacks that I stopped wearing out of annoyance.
  14. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

I have been using the bag of 88 wonders on my play character for a while without any issues. Could you guys and gals give me a few character/server that is having the issue? Maybe its some race/gender/class/appearance combo that is causing it?
    SayWhat, SierraDawn and frail_mm like this.
  15. frail_mm New Member

Thanks Maevianiu! You can check out the Newsies backpack on Meerdra (dark elf swash) on AB. It is reverted to my cloak every zone. I haven't tried the tinkerers pack as I just hit that skill in tinkering, but will try tonight.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm going to add an opposite.

I've had zero issues with the rallic pack on a female fae swashbuckler. I've used it as her back appearance for months and never had it revert to cloak.
  17. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but I copied the character over and zoned all over the place and the backpack appearance worked just fine!

How are you setting the backpack appearance? I pressed C to open the character window. Then clicked on options on the left. Then on the "back gear" dropdown I selected the Naylie's Nebul... and it just worked. I zoned around, I logged out and in again etc. It is working just great.

I tested this using Meerdra the Dark Elf Swashbuckler on the AB server using the Naylie's Nebulous Newsbag in her first bag slot.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

My problem is not the backpack appearance as I don't use a backpack as an appearance item, but rather, it seems often-times when I re-log into the game, "hide illusions' automatically resets to having a check mark in the box. It doesn't just happen on one character either, and some of my friends experience this as well.

There are some problems with appearance weapons displaying properly too. At times, the appearance ranged weapon will show, at other times, the equipped ranged weapon will show, and at even other times, the melee weapons will show while using a ranged weapon. It seems random as to when these items show, so hard to pin-point something that might be causing it.

Perhaps if/when DBG staff have 'time' to look into this, they can do so. As it's not game-breaking, I'm hard pressed to create a ticket on these issues, as I'd rather see staff devote their time to more important bugs/glitches/etc.
    Meneltel likes this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

The bug, so far as I can tell, is inconsistent and intermittent - sometimes even on the same character. And won't always kick in with different bags (or even the same one) under the same conditions.

And other times nothing sticks.
  20. frail_mm New Member

Thank you for your effort Meevianiu. That is exactly how I can reproduce the issue. When I get home from traveling abroad (Friday), I will take a video and link it so you can see. I can reproduce it on almost every zone crossing. I will also do some differential testing and see when I *can't* reproduce the issue, and see if that's repeatable, etc. I will try to create a decent dataset for you (like I'd want my customers to do for me) since most other people in my guild report the same problem.
    Meneltel likes this.