Spell book unsorting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Felinae, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Felinae Member

Ok so more input I am an alt-aholic I have just brought up every one of my 16 toons. Out of 16 toons only 1 my monk Camiae remained as I had her book sorted, I zoned her several times and all was fine. On some zones I went from 6 pages sorted to my OCD style to 12 or as high as 14 pages. Icon gems resort every zone you wont find them in the same spot, also on multiple zoning I pick up additional pages on some of my toons. Thanks for looking into this, hope this info is helpful.
  2. Wintir Active Member

Thanks for jumping in, Maevianiu :)

I have the exact same Spell-Book-Alzheimer symptoms as Felinae. I'm on Halls of Fate server and this affects all my toons.

I'm an old school, non-UI player. Never had an issue with the spell book over 12(ish )years. Last patch changed that, though.

P.S. You could blame it on Qeynos spies, Maev. They are a wicked, tricksy, false bunch ;)
    Maevianiu and Prissetta like this.
  3. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Perfect! Found it. Its happening to anyone with a lot of spells. Fix will go out with the next hotfix.

Special thanks to Chronicals for:
    1) Helping me fix this and..
    2) Having one kicka** looking gnome. I love the wings!

Doing the paperwork to get it pushed with that hotfix now. Thanks again for the details!
  4. Brightlyz Active Member

Glad i could help :)
    Prissetta and Maevianiu like this.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Sir:

Three different Characters on three different accounts (the only three I have and use)
    Two different PCs

Each of their spellbooks are REFORMATTED in the same way.
    I used to have all of my Calls to... on the first page, as well as the Pony & Goblin Harvesters.
    now it is basically stuck on stupid, not even alphabetical.
    Any changes remain only while in zone.
    Upon zoning, those changes are lost.
  6. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

All my toons on Stormhold are having this problem. As I said, I always give each spell and it's upgrades it's own page, and now everything is all over the place LOL

Vekna
    Zemi
    Cauli
    Vukacia
    Perrigrin
    Vispry
    Volante
    Valoria

I have always used default UI, and this problem only started since the last 6-hour downtime.

My max lvl characters, Vekna and Zemi, I just resorted to show only the highest level ones, and moved all my buffs to the first page, but even that's getting change if I switch specs it goes back to being all fubared.

EDIT: Whoops I should have read farther in the thread. Thank you Maevianiu!!!
  7. Nkito Well-Known Member

Sounds like the problem has been identified and will be fixed soon. Though I would think all 100's would fit into the category of having a lot of spells and I would imagine people on Stormhold would not have many.
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what "a lot" means, but it's definitely happening on Stormhold as well.
  9. iisbliss Active Member

strange, I had this problem a few months ago, and after resorting every toon 2x over a few months, it stopped.
    And now it is fine. hope the fix doesn't unfix me.
  10. Locospy Member

All ACCESS TAG on all devs, subliminal advertiser much?
  11. SandsMans Active Member

I'm still having this problem on the Test server. When I log back in my spells and combat arts have unsorted and ignored the "max level only" option.
  12. Jamiss Developer

This should not have been a problem since Thursday. Just to double check, you've re-sorted your spellbook and then zoned right?
    SandsMans likes this.
  13. SandsMans Active Member

Yep, you are right. :D I must have not resorted that particular one after Thursday. Thanks!
    Jamiss likes this.