Spell book unsorting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Felinae, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Felinae Member

Since the downtime today my spellbook keeps unsorting to show all my spells from level 1 onwards to my 100's , I resorted to show max level only yet it loses that every time I zone, 14 pages of spells no longer sorted. Anyone else having this happen to?
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

I have this same issue since today's patch.
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I love the fact that this was found on test, reported, ignored and went live.
    Kuulei and Feldon like this.
  4. billybadass New Member

its a minor inconvenience, but still...DBG clearly doesnt give a crap about its customers...like, at all.
  5. Wintir Active Member

Same here - it expands to all spell levels and doesn't keep the sorting or minimizing you do.

Yall need to fix this, folks :(
    Kuulei likes this.
  6. Felinae Member

After putting in a petition about the problem the only solution I was given was to clear my cache
  7. Nkito Well-Known Member

That didn't work, any other suggestions?
  8. Felinae Member

From the petition the GM keeps throwing ideas to try at me , of course wont hear anything on the /bug but this is so frustrating and the spell book changes every time I zone it rearranges where the spell icons fall within the book and can be from 5 to 14 pages of spells every zone.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

So CS is suggesting changes on your PC to a problem that's happening on the server?
  10. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

This is maddening! I'm the type of player that gives each spell and all it's upgrades it's own page. I like to find everything easily and like it organized. This is severely messing with my OCD!
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Eradani Well-Known Member

in all fairness, CS always says this when they don't know how to fix something and they couldn't fix this anyways, lol
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Felinae Member

CS is trying to figure it out , so far they had me clear my game cache, validate my game files, and try loading a standard AA template as there might be a glitch in the template. None of this resolved the problem. I am like Perrigrin above my book is sorted a certain way has been for years and I know exactly where to go to find what is needed for rebuff or change of pet or whatever and to have to pick through pages of unsorted mess is really a problem for me. Just think that every time you die in a group instead of jumping up quickly doing what you need to get back into the fight your resorting your spell book to make sure you even have the 100 lvl spell not 10, or which song/ buff needed for the group your in atm.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. blueangle Member

I too am having same problem and not just only the spell book but the knowledge book also. I am used to hitting K, click on Call to Hall or Call Home. But not now. Had to clear a spot on my hot bar for call to hall. I don't have that much time to play so having to go looking for a spell is getting very annoying. If we are all having the same problem does not seem that it can be on the players computer.
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

Why? It's a game bug.
    Prissetta and Eradani like this.
  15. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

I cannot seem to make this happen. I sort my spellbook, zone around log out, log in, and it always maintains the sort. The "abilities" book has *always* had a sorting issue and is in the known bug list, but not the "spells" tab or the "combat arts" tab.

Maybe it is character specific? Could you guys post a few character name/server names that I could test with? And how are you sorting your book? Alphabetical? Level? Category? and fill style etc. I just cannot get it to happen to find the cause.
    Locospy likes this.
  16. Brightlyz Active Member

Could this be a 3rd party UI problem? I also have this reset sort issue, and im useing DRUMSUI.
  17. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

I know it is popular to blame 3rd party UIs but I'm thinking that this is an issue we caused. Could you give me the charactername/server name of the character who has the problem? And what sort methods/options are you selecting?
    Locospy and Wintir like this.
  18. Brightlyz Active Member

Chronicals/skyfire Hitting sort then selecting Level and Max level only.
  19. Nkito Well-Known Member

Another detail, not sure what is unique about "summon mount" but it is the only abilty/spell/combat art that does not respond to any of the sorting, even temporarily. It remains in it's spot instead of condensing or rearranging when "max level only" or other sorting methods are selected. Which is also new.
  20. Felinae Member

I have not ever used a 3rd party UI as I have been perfectly happy with the default. I am on Hall of Fate server and so far the toons I bring up and every one of them have the problem are: Felinae, Miravol, Eupraxia, Elendea, Zennie. I sort "show max level" sort across. This is on the abilities , combat and spell pages of the book.
    I have reloaded standard group AA temp and resorted book with every way possible and yet as soon as I zone its rearranges itself