Error in Layout Editor

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the fix I am a complete klutz when I have to do anything like modifying files on my computer.Norathian decorators everywhere applaud you !
    Merriel likes this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Cheers!!! Thanks so much for the fast responses and a fix so quickly! You both rock!!! :cool:
    Merriel likes this.
  3. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Thank you! Both of you!
    Merriel likes this.
  4. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Merriel likes this.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

When I try to download the non-Admin exe I keep getting this, with the 'not commonly downloaded':

Google Chrome blocks downloads

Chrome automatically blocks harmful downloads that try to cause problems on your computer, like:
    • Giving you viruses
    • Leaking your private data
    • Changing your browser and computer settings
    • Adding unwanted extensions or toolbars to your browser
    Why the download was blocked

Your file download may have been blocked for one of two reasons:
    • We think it might be a malicious, unwanted, or uncommon file.
      • Malicious: You tried downloading malware.
      • Unwanted: You tried downloading a deceptive piece of software. This program, disguised as a helpful download, may actually make unexpected changes to your computer.
      • Uncommon: You tried downloading an unfamiliar and potentially dangerous piece of software.
    • We've found that the website you tried to download the file from has been known to distribute malware.

After a few tries, I was able to get the first one for the fix to go.
    Merriel likes this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

CrystalStar, Merriel and Prissetta like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

i had to tell my computer to ignore its reservations and download my file. the file is safe.
    Merriel and Prissetta like this.
  8. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Looks like Chrome doesnt like it when you download a file using a link out to another domain. Not sure why it wouldnt mind the other link.

I have since updated the download page on eq2designers.com and chrome didnt seem to have a problem with the file when you use the download link there. I also added an SHA256 hash for the file. Feel free to run installer against VirusTotal.com
  9. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

You will just have to convert the number anytime you use the in game save_layout command to generate a file. That is the only place that is converting the number to a different format.

As to where to find the file it should be in the saved_house_layouts folder in your EQ2 install folder.
  10. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

No worries. I read the forums, but I try to avoid posting too much. The game side fix (the save_layout command that generates the file) will be fixed with the next update.
  11. Sharann Well-Known Member

This! Is what I love about Norrath: a gamer and a dev working together to solve a home-made program. You guys rock! :cool:
  12. Eradani Well-Known Member

13. Eradani Well-Known Member

while you're here, i accidentally inserted an 'f' as the first character of a layout file the other day and subsequently got some error message when i tried to load it. fine so far, fix file, reload - nope - the file isn't closed and won't reload until you reboot the game.

i made a bug report at the time, but you know how long they sit around sometimes :D
    Merriel likes this.
  14. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Still cannot download Jesdyr's updated file. Using Firefox, it says the source code is in use.
    Merriel likes this.
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Do you want me to email you the file? If so, start conversation with me so I know your email address and will mail it to ya.
    Merriel likes this.
  16. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

JesDyr we <3 you thank you!!!!!
  17. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I am working with Jesdyr first to see if there is some sort of issue. Three different browsers on my PC (FireFox, Chrome, IE) refuse to download the Editor, but all three have no problems with the Organizer, or some other things.

If it persists, then, yes, I'll send you my email. Thank you!
    Merriel likes this.
  18. Sennen Well-Known Member

I've also updated to the open source layout editor to address this formatting
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  19. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I keep getting these two errors when saving a group:

Error writing group data file
    Error writing notes data to file

Not sure what is causing it. Looks like the 1.8 one works quite differently, and don't have time learn the new stuff while trying to get this commission done, so I'm using the "fixed" one you put the link for above.

Thanks in advance,
    Moon

Update: As of today, June 25 I'm still getting these errors with the regular layout editor.
    Merriel likes this.
  20. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I just noticed this with my own database and scripts I use on my website. I modified my database and script to work with the alphanumeric values before knowing this was apparently unintended. Now, it looks like I will have to change it back to what it was LOL. I really don't care what gets used as long as it's consistent. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.