Scourge Keep & 6 Hour Lockout

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Rondo9, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Rondo9 Active Member

With the ethereal daily and having a 6 hour lock out on this zone it can be a nightmare if you have someone leave like the tank or healer and trying to get someone in to finish the zone when they need 100 orc kills.
    Kittybock, Yahku, Terrius and 2 others like this.
  2. Rarrum Active Member

It's not clear what they're even trying to "protect" with the 6 hour lockout... some ok jewelry has a chance to drop off the last named... the belt is worse than the one everyone can get almost for free off the ToT Rare merchant. As someone on the west coast that logs in later, after many guildies have already run the zone once... it's rather annoying when most people are locked out for the rest of the day.
  3. Xellium Active Member

There has been much pain and drama over the silly 6 hour lockout on this zone.
    It has only intensified with Eth dailies running through it.

For the most part the loot on this zone is meh.
    I don't understand or like the long lock out on this zone.
  4. Brienae Active Member

Perhaps they are "protecting" the shinies? You can't farm them for the master collection. That's the only thing my husband and I can figure. However none of the other zones have such a long lock out. Last night we joined a pug which was painful but we managed until the last named. I was on my main (trouby) and my husband was healing on an alt. On the last named the tank went linkdead. What this meant was that no one in that group could get their coins as Scourge keep was the daily. Had my husband switched to his main to tank he would have been unable to get his coins as he would not have been able to get the 100 orcs. After this failure we were unable to reset until after we had gone to bed for the night. I think 6 hours is a touch much if the lock out must be longer than any other zone then perhaps 3 hours? Though I think an hour and a half like the other zones should be just fine.
    Kittybock and Prissetta like this.
  5. Maldek Active Member

Lockout should be 90 mins like the other ToT heroics. Masters Chosen has better loot (last mob BP & Legs superior to anything I've seen from Scourge last mob) and its lockout is 90 minutes. No idea what the reasoning is behind the 6 hours, but if it's going to be treated like Masters for the Summer Ethereal, it should have the same reset time.
    Prissetta and Terrius like this.
  6. Terrius Well-Known Member

+1 to lowering the reset timer for Scourge.

The loot is not good enough to be a 6 hour lockout and neither is the meta shiny collection reward. The sad thing is I enjoy the zone on my Conjuror but I can only run it once a day :(
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Just as the developers have often explained in recent times, so the reset time has been bound for instances of the amount of nameds in the zone.

Keep scourge has the ability to 15 nameds , with HM modes 17 nameds, therefore, there is the reset/lockout timer 6h.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Except you can only do 6 of those nameds at a time. So not sure how that makes a difference.

The lockout is to slow entry into game of certain items, which really in the zone now should only be the mount and the belt. Both of which are as rare as rocking horse **** anyway.
    Regolas, Mermut and Kittybock like this.
  9. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

For Raid Zones:
    Presumably use the same mechanism for the instances. I also realize that you can only make 6 simultaneously only so be it that this would not be interested in a programmed mechanism.
  10. Fozziex Active Member

+1, the six hour lockout is so pointless.
    Terrius likes this.
  11. Yahku Active Member

Agreed. I stated it weeks ago, one of the two remaining group-instances providing a bit of a challenge and a chance for a DPS-char to really do damage and test/complete his chains comes with a six hours timer . . . nothing more to say about it. Things got even worse since the necessity to do this zone for the daily ethereals (which, in general, is a good thing!).
    Terrius likes this.
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Agreed on lockout being too long. As someone mentioned, we've had issues with folks going LD, leaving due to time, etc. No one wants to take their place, as they don't want to screw their chance at the the Eth coin.
  13. Rondo9 Active Member

Yup this is a problem when ever the SK daily is active, either change the lock out or make the quest only the last name or the last 2. I myself have turned down SK groups on these days because there were no orcs left to kill.
    Kittybock likes this.
  14. Chrol Developer

The first step of that daily will be removed, so the only requirement is killing either Maknok or Yegigoth.
    Kittybock likes this.
  15. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

That is not what folks are complaining about... Instead remove the unnecessary 6 hour lock out on a zone that was meh to begin with and the loot for the majority is muted. Folks want to run the zone because it is the only new zone to run and they're bored.
  16. Chrol Developer

No it's just what OP complained about.
    Kittybock likes this.
  17. Terrius Well-Known Member

While it is true that the 100 orc kills was silly, the biggest barrier for Scourge Keep is the lockout timer. Tanks are a hot commodity but when they can only run a zone once every 6 hours it severely hurts the chances of getting a PuG together for it. Likewise with healers.

All this change will do is slightly speed up the beginning of the zone, it wont fix the issue at all.

It is the only real new zone and I find it very fun yet instead of being able to play it and enjoy it we are forced to be stuck with 6 hours of "Sorry locked out". :(

Why is the timer 6 hours? The loot I've seen isn't all that impressive, there are no more named than elsewhere, the overarching shiny meta reward is meh, so why is it 6 hours?
  18. Stimps Member

The 6 hour lockout is too much.

*hinders grouping/availability of needed classes.
    *hinders alt runs (for some of course).

At least the loot doesn't make sense for the lockout. If it is indeed due to the number of "possible" bosses then maybe we should reevaluate that asinine rule.
  19. Arco Active Member

Thank you!

The most depressing part about the zone, was if you already started the zone... tank had to leave because of an emergency... and it being impossible to find a replacement, since the replacement wouldn't be able to complete their quest.

I don't mind the 6 hour lockout, but I'd rather it just be 3 hours. There's 17 names in the zone... but the max you can actually kill per run is 6 (plus the arena event). Rest of the heroics have 3-5 names.
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Biggest problem we are seeing is that we don't have enough tanks to do all these zones. Some zones you can get away with by having a scout tank, but zones like SK and Master's Chosen, we're needing a tank. If any scout has tanked either of these zones, please speak up, and let me know if it can be done, and I'll give it a try.

If the lockout timers were like the other ToT timers, then our few tanks could run these zones a few times a night.
    Terrius and Kuulei like this.