New Ethereals is disappointing for Tank/Healer

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Rainmare, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Why is the three jewelry peices just mage/scout oriented? why no tanky stuff?
  2. kluxor Well-Known Member

While I may agree that there isn't a tank oriented item....all are just fine for healers.

Tanks should still be grinding quests for tokens and rune chances though just as much as everyone else though
  3. Silzin Active Member

The Runes for tanks are decent and not game braking... nice dps and some survivability. But i agree not having any Mit or Block on these Jewelry makes then less then optimal when they should be best in slot.
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. Sylke Well-Known Member

Honestly, they should probably just add like 15-16% mit (or whatever is "standard" anymore) to all 3 items and call it done.
    Kittybock, Silzin and Montag like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Two of the jewelry pieces have double cast, only one has flurry and none with tank stats... that's certainly skewed.
    Honestly, it's long past time they made combat arts double cast as well as spells.. mages get as much use from flurry as scouts AND mage arts tend to hit harder then scout arts....
    Kittybock likes this.
  6. Zanger Member

be happy that you are able to wear gear with dps stats, named outgoing dps on tanks is a joke anyways + you get more hp from pot
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I dunno what tank you are Zanger...but I don't have a pot to hp conversion aa as a paladin to my knowledge. and yeah I mean I can farm the runes, but I can also do that buying or farming keys and not have to deal with Master's Chosen or Scourge Keep if I don't want to. it's just the jewelry offers no tanking stats to it. why would I give up my block and mit stuff for dps stats? I'm not a dps. hell I can prolyl use MORE mit at the least, since the 'cap' for raiding is 34000 and I'm somewhere in the early 20k range.
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

These items all having +10% Mit increase on them wouldn't go a miss. Not only is it useful for tanks, not a bad use for all these Trauma AoE's you add to endgame nameds :)
    Yahku, Silzin, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  9. Yahku Active Member

A choice, or just tank stats in addition, would relly appreciate that!
    Kittybock likes this.
  10. Montag Well-Known Member

Yes please add mitigation and/or block to the new ethereal jewelry.
    Kittybock likes this.
  11. Rondo9 Active Member

How are they disappointing for healers?
  12. Nkito Well-Known Member

Speaking as a dps class I agree mitigation on these pieces would be good for everyone as well as possibly make tanks more willing to run these missions.
    Kittybock likes this.
  13. xkrisx Well-Known Member

14. Scalo Active Member

Healers got a huge healing boost with gu100. Tank HP inreased only slightly. New jewelry more than compensates foe the loss of mit/block.
    Eth jewelry is perfect for tanks. Gets them more so much needed aggro.
    Since gu100 i reduced my mit by about 4k in favor of potency and its all fine. No survivability and no aggro issues.
    I'd say thats the direction that DB should and will take - drop tank solo survivability and boost heals. Healers are already excess for all but hard zones.
    Neiloch likes this.
  15. Darkon Well-Known Member

The quests don't drop runes. They actually only drop the neck, ever.

Not sure if intended, but it's amusing.
  16. Ponderous Member

[QUOTEThe quests don't drop runes. They actually only drop the neck, ever.][/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm missing something, but if the quests only drop the neck, how did the wrists get disco'd (June 10) three days after the eths were launched (June 7)?
  17. Nkito Well-Known Member

Someone probably cashed in a couple necks and bought it.
  18. Darkon Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but if the quests only drop the neck, how did the wrists get disco'd (June 10) three days after the eths were launched (June 7)?[/quote]

Someone bought it. It was possible to do the weekly twice because it launched on a tuesday, so you're looking at two quadrupled weeklys, plus the dailies, plus probably a vendored neck. It was easily possible.

The only item that drops is the neck right now, unfortunately.

They're all pretty meh. My ethereals were better~
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Since when do tanks and healers not need potency? Some of the pug tanks i have grouped with REALLY need more potency because they can't hold aggro for more than 2 seconds.
  20. Lyricus Member

The quests can also drop runes, I got one earlier this week.
    Neiloch likes this.