Test Update Notes: Friday June 3, 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Nkito Well-Known Member

This was my initial thought as well (for the dropped versions) but unless the purchased versions of these ethereals are labeled as no-trade it is not much different than just making the coins heirloom. An army of alts can still earn enough coins to buy all the runes and jewelry, etc and trade to one character.
  2. sycla Active Member

will no one speak about the broken mage runes...primary rune breaks encounters randomly and secondary is junk.
    I dont see any mage busting their *** to get anything other than the ranged reset.
    this will just be scouts trying to get the 100 fervor..with no tanks/healers/mages interested
    eff@#$% snoozefest inc
    and btw trying to balance class with ethereal runes is just sloppy
    best way to do this is to set the scout ranged to 30 group fervor and mage secondary to 25 group fervor
    This way it does not make a toon unviable if he/she misses the time ethereals are available.
  3. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Would you consider adding a Raid Weekly mission as well?

It's already becoming hard enough to get people interested in logging in for raids at this stage of the expansion for my guild, we're having to run raids with 20 players or less at times, which hurts running raids that require resolve.

Anything to increase raid attendance would be really helpful.
    Gharyn and Kuulei like this.
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

This is not a valid argument for making them heirloom. If you run the quest 6x because you have alts, at the end of the ethereal event all 6 of your alts will have all the ethereals. The real reason you want them heirloom is so you can run all your alts through the zones no matter their gear quality in order to gear your main faster. I don't see a problem with keeping them no trade it keeps everything fair, so everyone will get them at the same rate with the exception of the rng factor. If you have alts and run them through the quests, they will also get them at the same rate.
    Ingerimm and Kuulei like this.
  5. Sylke Well-Known Member

You mean other than the amazing jewelry items, right? :rolleyes:
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree and I have several alts! The current NO-TRADE on the currency and items is necessary to keep it balanced.
    Ingerimm likes this.
  7. Therein Active Member

Ok then, boost scout CAs to do the same base dmg as mage spells. I get so tired of hearing this argument who have no basis of knowledge to make such statements. THE 100% FERVOR PROC IS THE BALANCING FACTOR between mages and scouts right now, and honestly, it's not even enough to keep up with mages anymore.

It's nice to see that the class archetype that got the biggest boost in dps in a long time is still whining about balance when their pets alone outdps most of the raid force.
  8. Silzin Active Member

On the surface i really like this solution compared to years past solutions. (Plz give tanks a bone here PLZ)

But after thinking over it more and reading this thread there is a much larger problem going forward here.
    1st - We know in the next xpac they will use Resolve to get us out of the gear we are using atm.
    2nd - Myth/Ethereal weapons are being phased out so we can keep the effects on Future Gear using the runes? (I don't think they can)
    3rd - after this Summer Event the Game Changing Runes will no longer drop or be obtainable. So Get them now or do not bother to play next Xpac...
    4th - In order for new people to be able to have a "Fair Chance" they will have to change the Rune type/color on at least all Weapons for the next Xpac.

thus they are going have to kick us out of the Runes that they are working so hard to put into the game to let us keep the effacts of.

In the end, Dev's Just bite the bullit, strip all 100 ferver procs/weapons from the game and all 100% reset items also (ok, replace with something strong but not +100-200% Over all Damage). It's not going to be popular, just get rid of them and rework class conversions as needed for the new Gearing system.
    Jrel, Billyrayy and Brienae like this.
  9. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I still support the removal of 100% Fervor and Reset Items from game.. Leave the Weapons from Maludra and Kraeletus if you wish, but these effects have done nothing but cause a headache for the player-base and developers since the beginning. If you made them readily available to every one then they become a non issue other then becoming a " Guaranteed Purple Slot " to have. Leaving them as is will cause future problems as people change mains or roll new characters and have no access to them, thus making the player subpar. New players " if we get any " will also be way behind the curve as they wont be able to compete in end game with veteran players that have runes that are no longer available. It has been proven in game that a player with a Fervor Proc compaired to a equal player with no proc will out parse them by roughly 50% if not more. Either make them readily available to EVERYONE .. or TAKE THEM OUT OF GAME ... period.. and I dont meen readily available as in farming zones for a summer event that has a set duration, but rather.. make them available now and forever so that any new toons weather a Veteran Player or New has access to them.
  10. Nkito Well-Known Member

I think the 100 fervor items, or similar, will eventually become available to all dps classes but before this occurs there needs to be balance changes.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

So yes next xpac ethereal weapons from AoM will become less valuable to heroic and raiders (they arguably are now) due to resolve.

But unless they change the purple slot, or prevent us using L100 runes on higher gear (if there's a level increase), then the eth runes will still be very viable.

Even the eth weapons are still good. It depends how much resolve future gear has. Sacrificing 7-10 resolve (maybe meaning you do 7-10% less dps) but you do twice the dps with 100 fervor bow, means you're still up by 90%+
  12. Silzin Active Member

I understand and agree with you statement, but if they say "Wow this is getting out of hand, we need to change things up and Reset itemization". All they have to do it place oh... 30-50 Resolve on each Weapon Slot and then change Slot on the new ones to a new Color. then its use the new weapons or die.

I dont like the strategy but the Dev Team (Some of these Dev's) Have done this to us in past years. Beside Purple Runes have been out for what, 4 or 5 xpac's? Its about time for a new Rune and a new grind for them. ( I am not endorsing this statement, just predicting its coming)
  13. Nero Active Member

Can you please include a similar feature for the runes? what happens when we end up with 2 of the same No-Trade rune on a character (I am not in the boat). Even worse if when you have an Ethereal drop, but it's the horribly bad one for your class (Ethereal Siphoning) for mages. Can we please make the runes exchangeable as well? PLEASE?

Or make make the rune so that it actually is desirable? Maybe siphon 30,000 AB mod for the entire group? Just an idea... but having a 100 fervor rune for scouts vs having a 30 potency one for mages (group wide) is just flat out not fair.
  14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Can we get tokens added to raid weekly? For those who only raid.
    Thanks
    Kuulei likes this.
  15. Ixian Active Member

I bet this won't happen as the devs want to encourage people to do things besides "only raid."
  16. strange New Member

Pretty sure next xpac will definitely do away with purple slots
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's impossible to "encourage" people to do other things if they don't have time. Some in our guild on tough schedules and can be online only few hours for raids. Matter of can and cannot.

It was a poll in a game just recently. I am sure plenty selected raid only option.
  18. Silzin Active Member

I understand the want to get the Best in Slot from just raiding... thats the way EQ2 has been for a long time, but there have always been best is slot in Heroic and some quests also... this is just one of the times.