May 2016 Producer’s Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terp New Member

No PVP? No m-o-n-e-y.

I laugh at the launch of yet more servers when you can't populate the servers fully even after merging them.

As G.W. Bush once said, "Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice....and you ain't gonna fool me three times."
    Mizgamer62, Livejazz and Harmtouch like this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the guild halls. I look forward to more information.
  3. Kalmaraa Active Member

While this is all and sounds very nice and good, I was wondering why we had to vote on the drop of the heirloom tag on one server seem to make the vote for it we had not that long ago, a bit pointless Correct me if I am wrong here but I had the impression from the pole that was held, that this might be done with all the servers.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

This, exactly. I am simply not interested in a new server.

The new guild hall options sound interesting, though I will reserve my judgement on them until I see exactly what is entailed in purchasing those. If it's anything like the 'collect 7500' heartstones...not interested.
    Belenos, suka, Spooned and 11 others like this.
  5. Airvh Active Member

I think it would be cool if you made one of the new servers have something to do with Resolve. Force the server to take several months to complete by doing something like making high end raid mobs have a little bit extra resolve up until a certain month has passed. example: all raid namers from ToT expansion have an extra 200Resolve the first month, 150Resolve second, 100Third, and so on so chances are good the server would last a little longer before reset happens.
  6. Kalmaraa Active Member

I am wondering if we can preview the new servers on Test or Beta right now... well time to go and see.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Sejreia like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

No thank you. Please focus on fixing anything that's broken and adding new content. I'm happy to pay for new content I can play with the characters I've already developed. Adding new servers when you just had to shut a bunch down for low population just doesn't make any sense. I have zero interest in starting over on a server where none of my friends play.
    Belenos, suka, Spooned and 14 others like this.
  8. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Please give us an NPC that sells ethreals for special tokens that we earn from doing group heroic zones. Keep a low % drop rate on ethereals, but give us a chance to see something at the end of summer when we've gotten 0 ethereals for our hard work of just mindless grinding.
  9. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Read my lips; No. New. Servers.
    Robust DF in 2016.
  10. Harmtouch New Member

Not going to come back until PvP and I'm sure many agree.
    Terp likes this.
  11. Kitkillem New Member

Although I may not join in all that is offered, it's great that EQ2 provides a variety of gaming styles for its members. Really looking forward to the summer specials and new XPAC. Thanks
    Lateana, Sejreia and Seefar like this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Thank you for the updates on what's coming.

I do have to voice my concerns about new servers as well though. I know a LOT of people who deleted the mail rather than voting because there was no "neither" option.

Really, we just had a rather large round of server merges & the last of the bunch is happening Thursday. Including a special ruleset server that did not even last a year before it had to be merged due to population issues.

That being said, I don't think the Event server is horrible necessarily. That could be a nice break in monotony for level 100s who are really just tired of running timed quests & instances if it isn't dragged out. And it has the benefit of not permanently removing players from the regular servers.

The other server though...I can't see any really good reason to introduce yet another "permanent home" server to split populations again.
  13. Abasinolanam Active Member

Coming from the Firiona Vie server in EQ1, I can truly appreciate the idea of loot being trade-able that isn't on other servers. However, that optional server should have happened 5 years ago. I have to voice what so many others have said. I have zero interest in a new server at this point. Not for me and not for it to thin out our raid force and my friends for grouping. While most people eventually return from new servers, it seems like a waste of time both for developers and for the people that go to a server that's destined to be a temporary fashion.

I feel that you're out of touch with us. But that being said, I want to thank you for the additions to live servers.
  14. Blackdog Member

ehm...almost choked on my water...
    so..many...things...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I wonder if they're counting no votes as yes votes, because I deleted this poll on every alt I had because I wanted neither (which they didn't give us an option for) . The whole poll was made for a totally unrealistic and completely skewed vote all-around. It's like hanging chads...."I demand a recount". I neither agreed that I wanted these servers, as the populations are already scarce during certain hours, and, from reading the forums, there was also an entire thread of "no" votes, which seems to have escaped the dev's attentions or interests.

Why can't they just be put into game like the hearth stones from the High Keep contested zone? Not only are they going on the marketplace (I'd be totally cool if they were sold housing style as deeds for like, $25...) But you're making it so multiple people have to purchase into buying many of these things? Milking things a bit are you? A better idea would be to make them like the High Keep Guild Hall...takes a while to work up, but totally worth it when you're done. Makes for a great Guild Achievement. You know, one where the guild worked *together* to accomplish something.... As much as these things would be cool to see, I'm going to shy away from spending real life money on them if it's going to be drawn out like that.

*Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!*** >>>>>YES!!!<<<<< Now, this, this is news worth hearing. This is the most exciting news of the whole newsletter!!!! It's something *worth* looking forward to.
    Juraiya and Livejazz like this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Not for much longer if raiding keeps going in its current direction.
    Gharyn, Mizgamer62, Vunder and 6 others like this.
  17. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I think this would be better added as an event say, to Battlegrounds? Cross server teamage to achieve something for Live. Battlegrounds sorely needs a facelift to provide the PVP'ers with something to keep them happy. Maybe not as a "pvp" event, but a cross server cooperation event pitting teams against each other with their own raid, and a way to keep track of how advanced the other team has become (update flashes across your screen, Team A has scoured "so and so" field checkpoint" Team B has just finished wing 1 of VP). Something to entice a little competition without creating an entirely new server out of it.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Armageddoux Active Member

Oooooh NO ! we began one month ago to collect High Keep Heartstone and we have already more than 60% of the needed ones to gain our next guild hall ! buying it is no pleasure:(
  19. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'd totally use my RL money to buy a new and interesting GH to decorate - though having literally just bought an Ant T3 which isn't even decorated yet my timing obviously sucks! But as the only person left in my guild who logs in daily I hope it's not going to mean relying on others, well, cos there aren't any with that level of dedication tbh!
    Belenos, suka, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

First you stomping our localized servers in our native languages. (on the ground / statement too few resources / too expensive) And now want you to generate new server, for rare extreme articulations? Pointless sorry. :eek: :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.