[Bug] Ancestral Support: He's dead, Jim.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by -Soteria-, May 18, 2016.

1. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Ancestral Support is the left side Mystic prestige ability. It does a few things, but basically it monitors group dps for 6 seconds, and then puts a ward on each group member based on how much damage the group did during that window. If no damage is done by your group in the 6 seconds, (like if you use it while not in combat), it just applies a very small ward of around 150,000 to each group member.

If used during combat, the final ward on each group member should be in the 2+++ million range, depending on your group's dps output. But yesterday and today, when I cast it even while my group is spiking huge outgoing damage, it acts like no damage was done, and just applies the small 150,000 point ward.

I'm guessing this got broken by yesterday's hotfix, trying to address fervor on "copied damage" effects.
    Jrel likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd guess that Protective Instinct (druid ward that charges similarly) is also busted. Since it's capped at 1/3 of druid's max health and only takes the druid's dps into account, I haven't bothered with it, however, since that size ward is nearly useless compared to the incoming damage
  3. Shauwn Active Member

4. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

?
  5. Veta Well-Known Member

Because I have to spend a lot of time on my mystic, I am one with this thread. Let's make mystics great again?! or at least ancestral support decent again. Either option is fine.
    Neiloch and -Soteria- like this.
  6. Sylke Well-Known Member

I stopped using Ancestral Support in ToV :p

But, things working right are much better than things not working.
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

I don't use it either, unless I am feeling lazy and want free dps and for people to heal themselves.
  8. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Well, coming up on crit bonus cap, and way overcap on wdb... It's starting to look better relative to right side prestige these days. There are a couple fights it really worked well on. It's not the end of the world right now, but it needs to not stay broken.
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Kashue Member

I honestly started using it again in December when i accidentally had an old spec of mine on and saw that it was healing for a pretty decent amount per person in group... even better when stampede is up, and if i somehow get stunned or stifled, that spell always seems to be available. However, I can certainly attest that it's not recording any damage of the group now after Tuesday's hotfix... only the basic ward comes up which is pretty lame. I guess I just put those points back to the right side.

It doesn't really matter to me anymore as it feels like I've been in this same situation before. There are far more important things in this game that need fixed right now but it just seems like when one thing finally does get fixed, another gets broken.
  10. Sylke Well-Known Member

I went dual prestige and never looked back. Well, until I retired the Mystic :p
  11. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Well it matters a lot to me. When a spell is broken, it should be fixed. Doesn't matter if it's widely used or not.
  12. Sylke Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't mean to derail with my reminiscing.

I took a moment to do some testing with Ancestral Support and a friend's Swash...

With both of us just standing around, AS provided a ward of 91886
    With just him attacking a dummy as normal, AS provided a ward of 91886
    With both of us attacking a dummy as normal, AS provided a ward of 91886

Definitely not getting any benefit from damage from anyone, including the Mystic that cast the spell initially.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  13. Kashue Member

Sorry Soteria, i didn't mean to sound defeatist. I actually do care as well... I was just grumpy and being a brat ;)
  14. Sylke Well-Known Member

15. Lexxiii Active Member

I haven't had any problems on my Mystic. All spells are working correctly. Its crappy though that this isnt the case for everyone
  16. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Still broke!
  17. Torquem Active Member

Whatever my group damage can be, that wards produces only a poor 121k hp protection, which is definitely broken.
  18. Udaok New Member

Please fix this
  19. MysticMeg New Member

Still Dead, Please make this a priority, its been broke long enough. !!!
  20. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I guess it's fixed now, but... damn. Post fervor-nerf, the ward amounts are pretty scant for a prestige endline ability... compared to everything else on my hotbar. Not like mystics need more wards anyway I guess, just saying...
    Hiza likes this.