Broken shoulders glitch for Aerakyn models

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Praetorian, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I havent seen it on other models as I have changed races a couple times with this same appearance gear setup but currently for the aerakyn females this setup breaks the shoulders so it appears they are disconnected from the torso. Here is a image preview with the two items that are involved. The same glitch may occur with shoulder items of the same type, but I don't have other ones to test it with.

[IMG]
  2. Nayukhuut`Chet New Member

It's not just this. It's basically any shoulders of that type. Even the default underwear does this. Seriously, try it. Strip down to your skivvies and you'll see the gap on the shoulders. A little slit where the texture just isn't rendering or something. I dunno, it's annoying. :(
    Pixilicious likes this.
  3. Nayukhuut`Chet New Member

Er more info. It doesn't seem to be the arm item causing this, rather you can see it because it's a skimpy arm item. If you use a chest of that type and bare arms, you'll see it too.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Good attention to detail!
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

there's also gaps in the last set of wings, ashen ones... snap snap ttobey you're slacking! kidding of course about the snapping, but not the wings.
  6. Covic Developer

Thanks for the info, I will check this out. Hopefully its an easy fix.

Dave
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Covic Developer

Ok that was an easy fix. You will see the adjustments on the arm/shoulder occlusion next time we push assets to the players.
    Thanks for providing pictures and description, makes it much easier to problem solve.

Dave
    Prissetta, Adevil, Praetorian and 2 others like this.
  8. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Thanks Covic, appreciate your work on the subject.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

ehrmagawsh. someone workeded on the aerakyn?!? wingie tweaks pleeeease? so. wide. can't. see. ... blerrp.

Not to open a can'o worms, but \aITEM -1492879154 -1050161008:Gi of Dark Horror\/a makes my aerakyn's monk behiney just flap in the breeze - i.e. goes commando. Not sure if anyone /bug'd or not. My monk doesn't seem to mind.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the Aerakyn wings are as narrow as Ttobey could get them, and make them work like they are supposed to. the ones you saw in the preview of the race didn't function like they were supposed to in the actual game...the way they look now was as close as he could get to it. I believe he mentioned it at some point in the Look and Feel thread when someone brought up the difference in how they look in game vs the preview version.
  11. Praetorian Well-Known Member

When is that update put through Covic? I see its still broken in game. Not being impatient or anything, just curious in case it was put through and its still broken.
  12. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Is this fixed ? Doesn't look like it on my aerakyn :(
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

So how are they more narrow on the actual race in game and the aerakyn merc vs. a player character? Or are you saying those wings don't work vs. the player model? Either way - the point is essentially moot now that I use a different appearance to hide my wings, its just sad.
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the aerakyn race in game, as in the ones for the racial lines, thier wings are just like regular players. the merc, and the 'awakened' aerakyn, are an entirely different model that doesn't have to have as many bones or components in order to make it work.

yiou might also notice that the merc looks identicaly to every other single 'awakened' aerakyn in game. that they pretty much never fly, at most they commonly are 'hovering' stationary in the air. they also don't have animations that use thier wings to attack like players do.

Ttobey said himself he couldn't get the wings any smaller then they are once he got to putting all the animations and various other needed things to make them work for players on them. I tend to take him at his word on that.
  15. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Dont care about the wings at all they look good imo, but please fix the shoulders that gap looks even worse from the front or the back !
  16. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Almost 2 months later still no fix ... :(
  17. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

18. Covic Developer

I just uploaded a character and I dont see the missing shoulders. My fix looks to have gone through. I will continue to investigate.

[IMG]
    Meneltel likes this.
  19. Covic Developer

Ok checked live and looks like the fix has not been pushed. Let me go talk to our build master.

[IMG]
    Meneltel likes this.
  20. Covic Developer

I talked to our build master and we have a big art push on Thursday. The fix I made came right after another push two months ago, so that is why you haven't seen it.