Is this the end to LoN?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarra, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Let us spend Vet tokens on the LON rewards, please.
  2. Venur Active Member

I hope the class hat with no class restriction won,t be selling for too much. Last time I,ve seen the card it was goign for over 300$ and it rare as hell since nobody ever buy the old card decks.
  3. Rubick Well-Known Member

When some LoN loot cards sell for as much as $150 it's hard to argue with them trying to get that money going into their system via the marketplace. I'm al for them selling a LoN item for $20 where a ton of people would buy it instead of people gouging other players via lonloot.com for 6x that price. Obviously I'd much rather pay 1/6 the price and for that money to go to DBG instead of a private seller. I think it's an awesome idea for them to sell LoN items via the marketplace. It will bring more money into the EQ2 economy that would otherwise go to a third party seller trying to price gouge certain items.
    Merriel, Torvaldr and Lucus like this.
  4. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

lol you are reading my mind.
    Wirewhisker and Cuelaen like this.
  5. Lexxiii Active Member

I have been trying for a year to get the New Halas house from the Legacies pack for my Pally. If that were put on the Marketplace I would easily drop $15 dollars just to have it
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

just use your loyalty points to get enough of the vet treasure chests to give you 100% off price of rent and buy the 6 room house that does not require status.
    Cuelaen likes this.
  7. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Didn't even know this was an option.....
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Where is the non-status 6 room house? Is there on in Qeynos? I have yet to get the Magical Manor in the wizard tower. . . but I have 3 of the Halas ones!
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

I predict many gibblegibbergigglegivers in Norrath soon!
  10. LordTiras Well-Known Member

There's one in each city EXCEPT, apparently, Qeynos and FP. For some reason the only status free large houses in FP/Qeynos are the ones from LoN. o_O
  11. Chrisworld Active Member

I never played it, I've only used it for the free packs to get in game items. So far over the 8-9 years I've been playing I've gotten a few cool unique things from it but i would settle for those becoming forever rare if Lon was gone or either selling for DBC so I could finally have the opp to buy the items I always wished I would win every month ... Lol!
    Nockturnal likes this.
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yeah . .me too Chrisworld. I only get on for my free packs in hopes of getting a Free Qeynos magical manor.
    Xillean likes this.
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Aye, the treasure hoards are 10 loyalty tokens each, reduce coin rent by 25% (cumulative), and (as of the last time I checked) aren't house lore. This means that four of them give you a house that doesn't require paying coin rent. With a Carpenter handy, it is pretty easy to reduce the status upkeep to zero, as well.

What that leaves you with is a regular house that acts as a prestige house.
    Lucus and Spindle like this.
  14. Lexxiii Active Member

Oh thats not the issue. All of my toons have at least 2 prestige houses. Its just the New Halas Magical Manor I want to make into a Froglok paradise. :)
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Freeport and Qeynos do not have a status free house for rent, but with only a handful of High Keep furniture items, you can quickly reduce the status cost to 0. Then pop in four Treasure Hoard's for free rent (must be owned by the owner of the house or they will not reduce the rent). You now have a totally rent/status free home.
  16. Silkenmyst New Member

The problem with this idea is that, to my knowledge, you cannot reduce the coin rent on a house to zero with rent reducing items. The other reason people want the rent free houses like New halas magical manor, is that it is a prestige house, so you can grab a portal to it from the house interface and place it in your other houses. People like that aspect of prestige housing, being able to link your houses together with portals.
  17. Silkenmyst New Member

I just used 30 tokens in an experiment on a house in gorowyn I already had, and yes, you can reduce the coin upkeep to zero with 4 of these treasure hoards. If you have multiple alts that can claim these as vet rewards, each alt can place one in your desired house. However it still doesn't give you the portal option the new halas magical manor comes with =) but it does keep it rent free.
    Lucus likes this.