Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I thought you were! That Erollisi Day one looks awfully familiar! :D

Ah, but not completely so, at second glance... At any rate, thanks for the Brewday one! :)

Uwk

EDIT: okay, this is weird; the Brewday one looks almost exactly like the Erollisi one I stole, er, downloaded, following Mum's link back then, what with the separate categories for Quests, Achievements, Collections, etc., but the Erollisi Day one looks almost plain by comparison...do both of them have the bit where, at the top, when you write in a character's name, it goes vertical to save space? :-/
    Cyliena likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Casdoe from Maj'Dul is the lady who has been flinging me copies of her quest tracker spreadsheet for the last couple events. She sent me a copy on Wednesday, I was just a tad slow about linking it in to the article. It is linked in now, and I'll be chasing my Muse around this weekend, trying to coax something remotely resembling a story out. :)
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck, take it easy, and have fun! Be sure to share it with all your adoring fans! :D

Uwk
    who thanks Casdoe, Cyliena, and anyone else who contributes to such spreadsheet aids (spreadsheets are the friends of anyone with more than...15 [max number of name slots]? alts)! :)
    Katz, HaphazardAllure and Cyliena like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: I will say this, though; has anyone yet noticed if the drop rate of Emerald Clovers has gone up? Just finished up all the various possible Brewday achievements, including the make the furniture, booze, and food ones, and was dismayed to see how many recipes use one of the more rare items on the face of Norrath next to Feysteel. :-/

Looking it up on EQ2 Furniture, there are 15 total entries now in the Emerald Clovers Ingredients category (which doesn't even count the non-house item, Brewmeister's Backpack [but does include the 'Clovers themselves, so 14 house item recipes + 1 missing backpack recipe]; not bad, 36 item count, cute appearance, LORE), 18 in Brell Barley (17 recipes), 19 in Golden Grapes (18 recipes), 18 in Noble Hops (17 recipes), and 15 (14 recipes) in Wild Yeast.

That's wonderful, increasing the number of Emerald Clover recipes (because originally, I think the only thing you could use them for was maybe the Backpack and the meat pie, or something), but only if you increase the drop rate until it's on par with the other materials. Otherwise, it's gonna get really expensive really fast on the Broker; and since the Powers don't have The Bazaar or Vox up any more, why? :-/

Uwk
  5. daicia Well-Known Member

This is a change I actually like.

I made a heck of a go of it too on a lowbie. On test, I only have wee toons with none high enough to get the faction yet- or in time for that matter. While I know it just means I can ask a guild member to get it on Test (or buy it if any are sold) and it doesn't bother me, I will advise the devs to wear flame proof suits when/if it goes to Live like this. I have plenty of faction and the Xpac with the new content, but man oh man, this is just the sort of thing people love to hate.
    Cloudrat and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. daicia Well-Known Member

I linked it from the Brew Day page on the wiki (which I've been overhaulin'). I hope that's OK. I'm afraid my brain will fuzz out and I have a funeral to attend the day the event goes live. If not, let me know and I can pull it.
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Yup, that's fine! Good job working on the page overhaul. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I see it on the one I put up, are the borders not showing for you? Could you upload a screen capture?
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I had a problem with this for years now
    the Quests of festivals you have done before, are hidden the next time .
    The problem is I don't remember the next year what I had to do, all the time.
    I tried to show hidden Quests , but it does not work.
    now I got to go on an alt that has not done this quest to see what I got to do
    another problem with that is you cant even delete such a hidden quest.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know that was a problem with the Achievements page, Live Events, where if you did quests from before the time they started doing keeping track for the holiday achievements (2011?) and they're repeatable, they "didn't count" and you had to do them all over again (it didn't matter if it said that you'd done it in your Quests->Completed list under World Events, complete with the date when you'd finished it). Sometimes that meant like most of them, anywhere from 51% to 95% of them, which was always infuriating, especially when it was with every holiday, for every alt. I finally got fed up with it on Crushbone--er, Maj'dul (and stopped re-doing things there), and I figure, as long as I've done one or more quests for that holiday, I'll be eligible for the over-all Holiday Spirit type item, so to heck with it. X-P

I /petitioned, /bugged, /etc. the first time I noticed it, and they've ignored us about it ever since, or they'd just pat us on the head collectively and tell us, "Just do it over again, there's a good customer. Quit bothering us." :mad:

Uwk
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got one of those hidden quests right now , had 6 but figured out 5 of them because they were on the side as visible quests , but one of them I don't even know what its called let alone what I got to do I have an idea what it was , but the NPC I have to go to has no feather / book over his head so here I am ????????????????o_O:confused:
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gah! Which one is it, a holiday-type one? :-/

Uwk
    who really, really misses the days when Zam was still updated, but Wiki isn't too horrible, except for the ads... :-/
  13. daicia Well-Known Member

Things have gotten super hectic here and I'm rather concerned I may not get a new toon out to go through this Brew Day walk through on the wiki in the suggested order to make sure it's still valid. If anyone else happens to be doing the quests from start to finish wants to follow it and lend a hand it'd be so greatly appreciated.

If you're not comfortable editing the wiki, feel free to reply to me here or hit the white Talk button at the top of the page and summarize and suggested changes there. I can always work any new/needs to be updated or corrected info in later.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

like through a miracle the hidden quest became unhidden and I now know what I need to do so nvm.
    I have done all this quests before all I need to be able to trek what I need to collect, or where I got to go next if there is a specific order you got to do things.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well I started to do quests on another toon and of 7 quests I can only get 5 out of hiding , the other 2 I can try as much as I want and they stay hidden this is really annoying .
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Where are they hiding/missing, on the Achievements page in Live Events or in the Completed Quests list under World Events?

Or on the Quest Helper box/window thing on the main screen? I keep mine up in the upper right corner...but that shouldn't affect whether or not a quest giver has the notification over his/her head. :-/

Uwk
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they are hiding in your journal and there is a box on the left lower corner where you can check if you want to show hidden quests.
    It has worked better lately but every time I close my journal those quests go back into hiding.
    well that's one way to have more than the quests you are allowed I guess.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh, how very odd...almost reminds me of the Sound controls under Options, where you can set it to mute the volume when you minimize the game window (like if you want to look something up on Wikipedia or here, for instance). The problem is it doesn't come back when you bring the window back up when you get back into the game, and you have to turn it back on again manually. It's a huge pain in the--neck. :-/

Uwk
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The fix that Gnobrin submitted has still not made it to Test, FYI. Has it made it into the Live patch for this week?
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Psssst. What happened with this, sir? It wasn't fixed on Test yet the other day, and I want to manage expectations for the event launch in a few hours. :D