Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Gneaux Active Member

Did all the Brew Day quests and got the old collection. What I have found is that the quest Rummage for Answers upon turn in,, Andrew still falls through the floor. Now /camp to self fixes the issue,, but its still annoying to have to do that.

As far as the new collection goes,, I got to Phantom Seas and got those shinys no problem except for the agro crab right there in the shiny path (on a level 37 fury. I got to Cobalt Scar ok via the spire in Moors in Ykesha and got those shinys,, and Obol Plains via using someone's Drinalian whisper column. The Shinys in Maldura are pretty much unreachable unless you are either a high level crafter or adventurer. I tried this with no Maldura faction.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol a lot of NPC s do that , the dwarf lady you got to speak with in Windstalker village does it too and so was the werewolf
    in Neck forest for Nights of the dead , him they fixed good , hes no longer on top of the boardwalk.
    yea if you did not do the frostfell quest and your a low level , heck even if your a high level you will have a hard time or it will be impossible to get to the place where the shinnies are. I completed the collection on a level 10 , but she had faction with
    Maldura from a Frostfell quest. I am shure though people will be nice enough to give those collectables to you if its impossible to get them yourself , I put 7 each in our guild bank for people with that problem.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I gave Niami a heads up so she can update her guide, but I found at least 4 of the new shinies in alternate locations from the ones she had listed. I had no trouble getting them on Finora, but she is a lvl 100 crafter though only 61 adventuring.
    I did of course have ToT faction but the only agro I had to dodge was the Fars Seasbaddies near the tower and that is very easy.

The great thing about the shinies is that they are fully tradable and you can bet your bottom that the broker will have plenty of them on live servers (probably at a premium though) when Brewday goes live if your guild doesn't stock or donate them.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

when the TLS went live there were 2 guys on Deathtoll that handed out totems of butterfly and owl to people for free
    Maybe I should just stand right next to the portal in Neriak or Kelethin and do the same for Maldura shinnies.:D
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks tons!

I found and alternate location for the Ethernere ones as well. The only spot I could NOT find an alternate location for is the Maldura one (probably because nowhere else around there sells booze or provisions, which is very un-dwarflike!)
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Bell Access to Cobalt Scar had to be earned by completing questlines. You should NOT be able to get there via world bell if you have NOT completed those questlines. Instead, you would take the bell to Thurgadin Harbor, then the griffon to Cobalt Scar.

However, I noticed the other day (and reported it as a bug) that the world bell on the Mara Dock WILL allow you to get to Cobalt Scar, even without having done the questline.
  7. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

All the bells out in world do that now, not just Mara, happened a while back when they also started showing both Qeynos and Freeport regardless of alignment.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which, imho, is still a bug; we need our aligned bells back! :(

Seriously, o Powers, if you want the "everywhere bells" for the TLE PvP server, fine. Leave the rest of us alone! :mad:

Uwk
    who doesn't have any real problems with being in "the wrong place" personally (helps to be level 92), but any lower-level toons in a moment of mental weakness, or new players without level 90 insta-toons, might have issues... :-/
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not the first time they've had issues with high-level critters directly in the path of a Brewday quest necessity; I still remember my lower-levels trying to get the Minotaur Brew step while surrounded by aggro goblins, and when trying to get there via the horse travel stations, having a giant eye thing (way higher level than the gobboes) within 10' or so, with no way to avoid it (and being continually Interrupted while trying to pick up the Brew is a good way for your toon to commit suicide. It takes way too long; why can't it be ">click< insta-grab for the update->get the heck outta Dodge NOW"?). :-/

Uwk
    firmly convinced that the devs' sense of humor and the players' is radically different... >:-/
    Cloudrat likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I never understood why it takes so long to pick up a shinny in the first place if you see a coin in the street it does not take this long to pick it up I understand that harvesting takes a wile but collecting should not take several seconds

Just asking , where in the city of Freeport or Qeynos will the merchants for Brew Day be ?
  11. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

So psyched for this:) one of my favorite in game events:)
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

|If you're asking about normal servers (non-TLE), the merchant is, as always, in the Bar of Brell, not in the cities themselves.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oops I was wondering where the merchant will be on the TLS servers.
    Or I will have to post my toons in every possible spot in each city at 3 am east coast time
  14. Kaitheel Developer

When the event is activated, you should be able to easily spot the TLE Brewday themed merchants, a boozy celebrator, located in thematically appropriate places in Freeport and the Qeynos Capitol District. Drink up!

~ Kaitheel
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahhh ok thanks Kaitheel :D
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! So, I'm guessing, in the sailor's bar in East Freeport, aaaaandd...hmm. Irontoes' East in northern Qeynos? ;->

Uwk
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Nope I looked where the shinnies are, its the inns . there are no collectables where the mercs are there is also a perfect match to how the bar of Brell looks like in Qeynos but Qeynos has 3 bars and Freeport only 2 as far as I can tell .
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::blink:: Really? Hmm...Qeynos Harbor has two, but that's not really in "Qeynos" or even "Qeynos Capitol District" any more; it's considered part of the Qeynos Outlying Area or whatever (ah; the "Qeynos Province District"...snert; just a wee bit pretentious ["We give you fancy names for places to overlook the fact that we took your suburbs away."] ;->), that includes Qeynos Harbor (which I will insist on calling it until the Powers expressly forbid me to do so) and Elddar Grove, which are now connected without needing to zone between the two.

I'm not sure where the second one in Freeport is, unless it's the Jade Tiger Inn?

Uwk
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

as I said the brewday shinnies are in the" inns" so I am shure the merchant for the TLS servers will be there
  20. Cyliena Well-Known Member

No idea if I'm that buddy (guessing not?), but I'm planning on making an updated one on Google drive like I did for Erollisi Day. It'll be linked on the EQ2Wire post the night before the event goes live.

edit: Here's the Brewday one! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1--8v6C4DQLSlPrjy-VChl9wHmdvw5rhiF6YLlJxHTM4/edit?usp=sharing