February 2016 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Sharann Well-Known Member

I'm at a point where any news on this game is good. We've gone from tons of communication early 2015 to nothing lately, therefore I am kinda glad to see there's still stuff being developed. I'm eager to see what's in store for us. And for those complaining that members will get more, well that's part of the benefit for being a member.

I agree though that lag is a major issue and should be highest on the priority list.
  2. Yahku Active Member

Like asked before, the most interesting question for most of us might be the question about the hardware resources. Right now we are suffering mature laggs since a while, a merge might be very helpful for creating groups and raids but is dangerous in terms of more lag, isn't it?
  3. chrystophyr New Member

How about this...you get what you pay for, there are no real free rides. End of story, no analogies no PC crap. You want all the percs??? Fricken pay for it like every other poor schlub has to. This is a busniness, not a 501C3 charitable organization and the employees need to get paid.

Have a happy happy joy joy day!

This is for all the moaners and groaners out there in boo hoo land.
    Tazz, Seefar, Febrith and 1 other person like this.
  4. Roshen Well-Known Member

Cleaning this thread up a bit.

Please try to keep threads on topic, as it makes having conversations and finding feedback from players on a topic much easier.
  5. duckster Active Member

Typically spring is April time so lets hope its not released on April 1st.

Appreciate the update, better late than never.:)
    Siren likes this.
  6. Roshen Well-Known Member

This won't be a "campaign" with a price associated with it.

Our spring game update will have new fabled dungeons, and other new zones. You'll need a membership to access these zones, and the more interesting drops that come from these places will have the prestige tag on those items.
  7. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the stream! I would also like to know if an appearance gear wardrobe feature is in the works right now or if that's something to look forward to in the future. Thanks for the update!
  8. Roshen Well-Known Member

The focus of the next stream will be the contents of the big content update that will become available for members this spring.
  9. Dolphinsgal Active Member

Thank you very much for answering this question for us. I was wondering the same thing and am glad to see that there won't be an additional charge for this update as I was disappointed with what we got for the last expansion for the price I kind of expected more. I'm not complaining about it but wanted to point out that fact from previous threads and from talking with others about it.
    I'm also glad to see the update on what's to come can't wait for more on what to look forward to. :)
  10. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Thank you for the updates, and can't wait for the new stuff ! :)
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Will these zones be Member Only for the full duration, or just for first 2 weeks early access?
  12. Sapryze Member

Heh, here's some entitlement for you: long time member of the game, spent thousands of real American dollars buying from the marketplace over and above membership. My last purchases were specifically for the perpose of building an awesome guild hall on the TLE server where no guild halls yet existed. After spending around $300 just for that 1 home, and countless hours decorating it, it glitched beyond belief. The entire structure disappeared, walls, floors, ceilings, all of it, gone - decorations floating in air. If you moved from the zone in you fell eternally into blue nothing. Holly personally came and witnessed this and set her team to trying to solve it. I COMMEND HOLLY AND THE DEVS, I have no dispute with them. The fact that Holly personally came to try and fix this speaks volumes about how much she cares. Unfortunately, the problem was never resolved, and when I asked for a refund on the recent purchases that were of no use to me now, I was told flat out NO. OK, pretty lousy of them but fine. Next request, could you at least transfer the purchased items to my live server toons so that I might get some use from them. Again, NO, but if you PAY US MORE MONEY you can transfer the toon that owns them to a different server. Daybreak games, in my mind, has gone out of their way to demonstrate a complete lack of concern for their loyal customer base. Entitlement? yes, we are all entitled to far better than daybroke provides.

Oh, and yes, I am F2P now, I cancelled my membership and only continue to play because I still have at least 25 prestige homes to finish decorating. I dont hate the game, I hate the irresponsible new owners.
    Anaemickhanh, Feldon and suka like this.
  13. Margaritas Active Member

They offered you to be able to move your character off TLE?
  14. Naturetouch New Member

it sounds fun
  15. suka Well-Known Member

i agree to a point. but how about unlocks for those who don't want to pay a sub? in most other games, the f2p group gets unlocks. i have two accounts i sub, but i would buy unlocks for the other 4.
  16. nooooooo Member

I'm sure many people would love to unlock their 6 accounts at once.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

you misunderstand the use of unlocks. for instance, in lotro. i have an account that is almost completely unlocked. this means that every little feature i want, i paid a special price for. i paid for more storage, 5 slots at a time. i paid to use the auction house, 5 slots at a time. i paid to be able to use the wardrobe, 5 slots at a time. i paid to be able to do quests in each region separately. i paid to be able to ride my mount - more than vip people paid. each type of item that i wanted to use that i would normally have gotten with a vip sub, i paid for separately. it took a lot of money and over 3 years and i still have some items to unlock, but i unlock them as i go and as i get to that area. over time, i paid more than i would have as a sub. however, i go months without playing the game. during that period it makes no sense to sub. but if i want to go in for a special event, or a quest, or a festival, or because it is time to once again max my tradeskillers, or because eq2 is down for a longer period than usual, i have it all unlocked and can go play. incidentally, most, but not all unlocks are for individual toons. the space, banks, etc is for the account. but the milestones are individual and i had to unlock at least 5 for my mains and a couple for each lower toon. this can add up to a lot of revenue for the game.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

It has been known since the start of F2P that new content is not included which has been how many years now...
    However, I do have a question. If you have a F2P account but you purchased the current expansion will the update coming up be available to those accounts? If it is not available to someone that has expansion but doesn't have sub I can see why people might be upset.
    HaphazardAllure and suka like this.
  19. Thand Well-Known Member

So basically this is an Update for all Access Members Only, full of all access Only equipment. Well i guess they have to try and get people away from Ftp somehow
  20. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I like the unlock idea. Sometimes I don't get to play for an extended time period due to the fabled RL so carrying a sub when I can't play is a waste of resources. When I do get some time to spend in Norrath, which I so dearly love, this would be a great option. I love adding things to my houses and guild hall. Since the ToT xpac I haven't had time to even get as far as I was during the beta test. I don't mind paying for something if I get a chance to use it. I also don't subscribe to the f2p philosophy of entitlement either most of the things I have in game are bought and played for. ijs
    MissGreen and suka like this.