What are the best 4 tradeskills

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Vudd, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, this is being copied into Notepad as we speak and saved in my Everquest files folder under "Crafting"! :D

Uwk
    Ahupu likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gods, you're right about that...completely forgot. I'd better kick up Uwk to 92 Adventurer (he's already "maxxed" crafting), but that's not official max any more, and I won't be getting CoE until after AoM comes out, so 100 it is...sigh. But good point! ;->

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes! Yes, it is (nowadays, with so many alts and so few Easy Solo dungeons and the bloody, bloody new Frostfell Village quest starts [kind of like in this video: may not be safe for work or the kids for cartoon violence, it's one of those Weird Al songs he was forced to write for the holidays], it's about all I do there besides collect materials and the daily gifties [which I still wish would either be Heirloom, if not, or tradeable, if not. How many Enchanted Snowmen/Gumdrops/etc. can we store?]). And this year, I'll be able to help out anyone who needs their Frostfell Crafting Stations made! Spread the word (not that most of you folks can't probably do it on your own already, lol)! ;->

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rush Orders are the only way to fly, as the saying goes; long ago, I actually did some of those non-Rush things (I don't recall when we got Rush Orders, or if they were always around, but such a PitA I never wanted to do them), 12 things to make to satisfy the quest givers, with sub-combines, interminably, forever, amen (probably what soured me on crafting in general). But yeah, Rush Orders rock, nowadays! Just wish I could do Mass Production, especially with my Provies--hey, all, once I get CoE access, can all my crafters have Mass Production, or do you still need to be maxxed level as well (it's still no excuse for the devs not letting Provies have 2-4 results instead of 1-2, but I'll keep hammering away at that, too; maybe someday we'll get that like we got the Frostfell stations)?

Uwk
  5. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Mass production is a skill from the Tradeskill Prestige AA tree which like the regular prestige AA you start to earn 1 point per 20% of a level at level 90 (so 90.2, 90.4, 90.6 et cetera) to a max of 25 points. It is the end line of one of the paths, but technically you only need to have spent 15 points (iirc) to start spending in the end line so you can get the first point in it at 93.2. and finish it by 94, so no you do not have to be max level, but yes you have to be a high level crafter to use it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Bashem Well-Known Member

Grinding to me just mean repetitious game play to achieve your goal not necessarily need to be done in a bad way.
    I too like doing house work, cooking big meals :), or other activities while getting my tradeskills levels up and for me its relaxing and that what how I prefer to do it without music or other distractions like talking on phone.
    I am sure we all have our own style when trying to raise our trade skills and you should do it however you prefer.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You can get some Mass Production without having CoE, as well. The Hand of the Maker is quested in Cobalt Scar, and I know someone who has it on all of his crafters without owning CoE.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ahupu like this.
  8. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

As a 95 armourer, I would suggest not armourer. I have rarely had to use the mastercrafted armour I could make and the broker prices for armour are a pittance compared to the consumables other professions can make. I think it's an appropriate combo (Paladin/Armourer) but it really didn't benefit me much at all over the course of leveling him. I've yet to level another TS'er, but if I did it would probably be a spell-maker (of one sort or another) or a woodworker.
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

I have done this quest multiple times, and use it rather frequently so I do not have to shift specs, but I forgot about it entirely within the context of this discussion. Hehe thanks for the virtual /headsmack reboot Dulcenia.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

REALLY!! How--I know, I know, "look it up on Zam"...

AWESOME!!

BTW, is the xp for the TS Prestige AA line "retroactive"? I mean, Uwk's 92 now, would he have points waiting for him to plonk in there, once it's activated somehow?

Uwk
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Yes. The points are tied to your levels, just as the other tree is tied to 10-18.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

13. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Yes when AoM comes out regardless of whether you purchase it or take advantage of the fact that CoE content will become part of the free download, you will suddenly have access to the tradeskill prestige tree complete with 10 or 15 points (10 I am guessing if the xp bar at your cap looks like it does at 95 with it frozen at the beginning of the bar). As Deveryn said it is tied to your level.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sweet! Thanks, all, for the good news! :)

And yeah, I was just figuring to wait until November when it all got incorporated, but I'm not the type to put off gratification. ;->

Uwk
  15. Hakkif New Member

Where did you get the recipes that require draconic incense?
  16. Bashem Well-Known Member

17. Alenna Well-Known Member

some times more then one of each
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, I have at least 9 toons on all of the "regular" (non-TLE) servers; sometimes I have more, and double-up depending on the character (for example: I have "Tonik Strohy" on Halls of Fate, who's like Tony Stark from Iron Man/Avengers; he's my second Armorer there even though he's a Wizard, well, because). ;->

As far as the 4 best, back when I was on more Silver accounts for house visiting for all the different servers (that we don't have any more...sigh), I'd do two toons per server, 4 total for each Silver account. I always tried to do a cloth or leather-wearing pair of toons, and have one be a Tailor and the other a Woodworker, so we had our "armor," our backpacks, and our weapons covered. ;->

Beyond that, hmm...I'd personally suggest Armorer and Weaponsmith, because I don't usually do a lot of spellcasters, but that's just me. ;->

Uwk

EDIT: D'oh! Looked over my earlier posts, and this is pretty much a repeat...my apologies! :-/

At least I had a different opinion about the 4th-best tradeskill. ;->
  19. Laiina Well-Known Member

For high level raiding and grouping chars: Prov, Sage, Alch, maybe woodworker or whoever would make your expendable arrows/thrown whatever.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, yeah, it seems that the "best 4" depend on what your characters' priorities are, ultimately. :)

Uwk