Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I think the immolated need fire-resistant paper for their love notes so there's something left for us to loot? :p

It may be just bad luck, so take the following as you will...

I cleared advanced solo District of Ash, advanced solo Algorithm of Destruction once each. I cleared all the immolated out of Glittervein Depths a over a dozen different times so far today. 27 charred grey flesh, a few status items 2 immolated dhalgar love notes, 2 immolated love notes. ZERO immolated gnemlin love notes. Perhaps a slight boost in drops for the immolated might be a good thing for those going for the Thalumbra achievement? At this point, I've spent more time attempting to get an immolated gnemlin note than I have for all the other Thalumbra notes and candies combined.
    Quillyne and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hugs! Yeah, folks have been muttering about all the various drop rates in Thalumbra, and not just with opponents; the percentages of getting Rares from the harvest nodes are slim to nearly nil, and it's apparently not just a matter of a bad day with the RNG. :-/

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Currently working on the Animated Obsidians for "Cuts Like a Knife"...gods, I hate those kind of critters. Can we get a notice, at least, that when we try to use archery, spells, stealth, etc., that it's not an opponent until we get within sneeze range? >:-/

Uwk
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Uwkete all those critters that out in the world that scale to your level need to be within sneezing range to be activated
    at your level this is nothing new.
    Maybe if you blow them a kiss not send them an arrow they come over to you and hug you.
    :3 .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know it's nothing exactly new, it's been going on for awhile, and I've always detested the way they do it. >:-/

Unless you're specifically with a group (and I haven't kept track of how many of these quests are Solo/Molo only), or have a "root" ability, most of the things we're supposed to be able to do are completely nerfed. No spells at a distance for a weak and squishy cloth wearer, no stealth capability for a Scout (or ranged, for that matter; by the time you try to get a shot off after activating them, oh well), there's a lot of things we can't do at all except stand there, take it, and try to melee them down. >:-/

Uwk
    whose level 77 Ogre Guardian/Armorer, wearing gear far superior to anything else he can make or buy, was getting his butt handed to him by the stupid things in Stonebrunt...
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They're group friendly as long as group members are in range. You can also use mercs. Making sure to only get 1 at a time made for fine soloing for my squishy 50-something ranger when I forgot to pull her merc out.at first.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't know what sort of gear you have and I do not have anyone in the 70s level range on test to see how difficult mobs are in that level range, but I've not had any difficulties with a level 60/61 warden, 59 paladin, 55 ranger, 31 mystic, 43 beastlord, or 35 fury with no mercs. If you have gear better than you can make, I'll guess you probably are in superior gear than any of my girls. I'll be doing them today or tomorrow with my wizard and coercer.

Is it possible there is a big difficulty jump between lower levels and level 70 range? I don't have a guardian on test, but I also have a berserker that still needs to be run through so I'll check on here, but she is unfortunately not in her 70s either.
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My paladin is about to experiment with sinking manikins dressed only with shields into a wall to achieve a shield display.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm about to get back on Test and try to get the writeups ready-to-go for the wiki. The wiki is volunteer-powered, and I have both personal and family Medical Excitement ongoing, so it's on an "as I can" basis. Glad to hear that EQ2Wire is picking up also!
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kaitheel and Cyliena like this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

I looked over it and I did not see anything missing.

=) Thanks as always for the write up Niami!
  12. Spindle Well-Known Member

Excellent write-up, as usual, DenMum!!
    Love the story. Your writing always makes me chuckle.

I really like your presentation of the two new quests. Very good on the challenge and helpful for the meek and timid.

Cheers and many pain free days to you!
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I added a small note about grouping for the quest updates, since I forgot to drop that in last night.

On a separate note, I verified a second of the nine achievements, and the Thalumbra one worked fine, once an immolated gnemlin finally coughed up a love note. :D Apropos of nothing, the name of the achievement caused an eyebrow raise in guild {snicker}
    Cyliena, Finora and Kaitheel like this.
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, Finora and HaphazardAllure like this.
  15. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Homeshow was a twitter about it today as well, but we decided we were just being gutter minded and it was all our fault ;)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Ilyriel-Jentara Active Member

Thank you for the new erollisi achievements. I love titles! :D
    Kaitheel likes this.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, though I suppose it could be a "feature".

Earlier today I was in the Shard of Love:Weeding Corruption instance. I'd killed some of the creatures but not all and had destroyed 3 of the 8 vases.
    I was going to have to leave the house for a time, but decided to leave myself (no merc) in the instance in hopes it would not have closed by the time I got back so I wouldn't have to start it over again.
    Unfortunately, my errand took longer than expected and when I came back I was sitting at character select. However, to my surprise when I logged back on I just popped back up in the instance I was in. Same mobs had been killed and it looked like I could just pick up where I left off. However, I realized all the vases had despawned.

So, I'm not sure which thing is a bug, me popping back up in an instance that should have closed or the despawning vases. Either way it doesn't seem to be working right.

Zoning out & resetting timers for the instances fixes it, but still shouldn't a persistent instance actually keep all it's stuff?
  18. Mystfit Well-Known Member

If I leave a persistent instance and come back shinnies are gone and the clickable things for quests are gone so I guess I can see the vases being gone. I was doing a zone that required harvesting paper throughout the zone a few weeks ago and had to redo the instance cause I left.
    Now, it DOES it, but I guess only the devs can say if it should ;)
  19. Mystfit Well-Known Member

So I'm a little confused on how the achievements work. I have been going to the proper zones to get my drops..Velious or Moors or whatever it tells me. But, it is or is not specific to zones?
    I ask cause I had started with Velious but wasn't doing the minatour as I didn't want to kill peaceful ones and hoped I'd find a non peaceful one. But, when I went to Steamfont to kill one, it dinged both quests? Working as intended?
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was having trouble knowing when I finally got the love notes or candy, so I ended up making myself a couple of ACT calls:

Code:
    <Trigger R="hard candy..a from the corpse of (?&lt;monster&gt;.+) in" SD="${monster} hard candy" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    and

Code:
    <Trigger R="love note..a from the corpse of (?&lt;monster&gt;.+) in" SD="${monster} love note" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />