Deity Spell: Embodiment of Truth

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taezya, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Taezya Member

so. I'm trying to use Embodiment of Truth. When I use it it says "There is nothing to cure". But I've tried it when I was poisoned. I've used it when I was cursed. I used it when I had so many detriments on me that I couldn't possibly not have something it CAN cure, but not only doesn't it cure anything but it tells me...again..."There is nothing a cure". I'm a fury so I purposely don't cure myself just to use it and it NEVER works no matter what. Sooooooo....what am I doing wrong? Is this bugged or am I just using it wrong?
    Feylone likes this.
  2. Sylke Well-Known Member

I've used it successfully in the past, so can't be of too much help.

I think I used it to cure the curse in Bar Brawl during the first named.
  3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

4. Wurm Well-Known Member

It works for me. I've used it for a bunch of stuff, including the pools of blood curse (oops) in ToV Labs Heroic while I was in there soloing it.
  5. Taka Active Member

try it again. I used it for the past week.. (now have a stack of 4) and can't use it on any conventional stack arcane, trauma, noxious, elemental or curse.Therefore, it doesn't work as advertised UNLESS it is supposed to work a (small subset of curable ailments in the game) then the tooltip should be updated as such.

I used it plenty it beta and it worked. Just noticed more and more its not working on live.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

It has a 20 min reuse on it. I'm about to fight a mob I will need it for. I'll post back if it worked.

*edit* I on purposely stepped into the Failed Mutation's blood pool to get the curse. Embodiment of Truth did remove the curse, just like the last time I was in here.

I have tried it to remove non-curse detriments in the past. It doesn't work for those as far as I can tell, even though according to the text it seems that it should.

*edit 2* I just noticed you say you have a stack of 4. How? The max any deity ability can have is 3.
  7. Taka Active Member

I accept your testing as validation for that case. Your second statement supports that it is not working entirely as intended.

I accept your recognition of my inability to count. :) Sorry 'bout that. It is 3.
    Wurm likes this.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

OK! Maybe we will get lucky and a dev will let us know if it's only for curses or not. It might be just that, since we have potions for everything else.
  9. Taka Active Member

You have a point. :) I tried it on Palace Curse in Maldura last night... no dice on that..
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

I used it twice today and it worked both times. I also tried to use it a third time and it didn't but I think the timer was still running (it still took a charge however). I wish it would grey out when it has a timer, it doesn't so it's hard to tell if it is up or not. In fact I think they should remove the timer all together. It's not that game breaking of a spell.
  11. Taka Active Member