Please remove Shark Fin from game.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cheeezie, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Tetrol Well-Known Member

:eek: Warning all - clicking on that link and my Norton blocked "Angler Exploit Kit Website 6"
  2. Chrisworld Active Member

it's fine lol. It's allakazam. If anything it's detecting an ad or script from an ad that is a little invasive.

That's why Adblock is important, very important.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

This is not real life, removing anything that relates to negative actions, practices or imitating them will not reduce, prevent or encourage such practices or actions in real life.

This is the same as saying that it's not your fault if you go out, murder and commit grand theft and then blame GTA because the game 'made you do it' or 'encouraged you'.
    suka likes this.
  4. dngrmse Active Member

We need a 'Safe Space' in Thalumbra against micro-aggressions and social injustices.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. That guy. Well-Known Member

"Safe Spaces" are my trigger. DON'T YOU TRIGGER ME!!!!!
    Deago and Wirewhisker like this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

all i can say is that if shark fins offend you, get out of the game now. or at least give up cooking. you are sure to be more upset later when you harvest thresher fins and other things you may object to. for that matter, you may also not like the traps you have to set on some quests, the killing of animals and bringing them back to life as skellies, and much more. this is a fantasy game. if you want to play it, check your reality and objections at the door. otherwise, pass up this and every other mmorpg because these games don't strive to be politically correct or even polite. hehe i have to laugh every time i talk to someone in lotro who tells me "i don't ask that much of ye" while sending me to my death on a quest. or in eq1 where a npc challenges me over whether i even have the right to talk to them, much less accept their quest.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Suka, that post was a direct copy of a 2005 post. Read this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/please-remove-shark-fin-from-game.77965/

This is also the second time now that you've replied to it saying pretty much the same thing:

Avirodar likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

i know, but it seems to really bother them. or else they are like the preachers who go into eq1 to try to preach to people about the evils of magic- they are trying to make a useless point. if it bothers them that much, then maybe they need to find a different game to play.
    Lucus likes this.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

if they want to change things then they need to do it in the real world, not remove any mention of their issue from a video game.

they object to shark fin soup but they lack the will to act in the real world. why should anyone listen to them if they don't act in the real world to affect change?

a game company caving to a minor group of whiners would be a hollow and meaningless victory, shark fin soup would still be served in the real world, at most said company would get 30 seconds of attention by the media (and a few laughs from competitors).
    suka likes this.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

Um...it bothered them TEN YEARS AGO. There's no guarantee they're even still alive to be bothered by anything after that many years.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

well, someone was alive to revive it. but i agree, they need to be proactive in real life, not try to enforce their ideals on a fantasy. in real life, there are many awful things- like dauphins and sea turtles caught in nets, puppies skinned for fur, and many other terrible things that people do to people too. but to bring all of that to a fantasy where people are trying to escape reality for a short while is very short-sighted and kind of rude and mean too.
    Lucus likes this.
  12. Adevil Well-Known Member

Yeah, someone tried to necro the thread out of the archives, but had to settle for doing a copy/paste. That was done as a joke when there was a wave of necro'd threads being dug up for some unknown reason.
    suka likes this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

i just realized what your post was about lol. i kept looking for a link to angler exploit kit website 6. it is a link to zam - eq1 shainai's nightie. i never did that one because i valued my faction in Shar Vahl. there is a quest in POK for tunic conversion. it is a black robe - a fairly nice one for babies who you want to dress in black. however, i liked the gnomeskin outfits from the tower of shadows for that. they only recently brought the ability for appearance there and the armor they allow for it is bulky so we never dressed up our mains really nicely. we did dress up our babies and our bazaar alts though.
  14. Jahos New Member

LOL.. Holiday trolls! haha thx i needed this
  15. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The awful things that people do in real life?

What is your position on aggravated assault, robbery, first degree murder, and all similar types of unpleasant behavior, being brought to a fantasy game where people are trying to escape reality for a short while?

I assume you will deem it short-sighted, rude, and mean?
  16. Tylia Well-Known Member

Will you share your hamburger with me please? I forgot to pack a lunch and the shark fin soup is all gone.
    suka likes this.
  17. Eles Well-Known Member

#freethesharks on EQ2

[IMG]
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Milambers Active Member

I ate whale last week on a trip to the Arctic. I didn't fully realise until after I had tasted the first bite and by then it far too late not to gobble the whole bowl of glorius gifts from Poseidon. I haven't tasted meat that nice in pretty much ever, made me sympathise with the Japanese and their 'scientific whaling voyages' a littl bit. Seriously though, it wasn't one of the endangered species, so I couldn't make myself feel too bad, no worse than I feel when I picture the beautiful little lamb before I tuck into some tasty lamb chops.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

i think you would have your answer if you actually read my post. i prefer not to even hear news when i am playing. it really is my escape. if i am playing a fantasy game or reading a fantasy novel, or watching a fantasy film, it is about the fantasy. not real life. i move to Norrath for a short while every day. but some people really like to make the fantasy real. i prefer to keep it make-believe
  20. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- a smiley face at the end would have told us it was a joke.