Broker Full Of Junk

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Laiina, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Laiina Well-Known Member

Could the devs make some changes in how the broker works?

1. It is full of junk that nobody wants, even including 3s vendor trash, up to people using it for storage with items priced at 99999999P.

A simple fix would be to have any items not sold in 30 or 60 days be de-listed. If people want to keep it up there, they would have to relist it.

2. Many times I have gone to people houses to buy an item to avoid the broker fee, but cannot visit because the rent has not been paid. I can think of several fixes for this, the easiest to simply not show an address.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Feel free to enlighten me if I'm just being stupid or missing something, but is 1. really a problem? There's a pretty decent filtering system that hides most of the useless crap when used correctly. Granted, it's not that helpful when you just want to see all the house items currently on offer, but filtering for a certain price range helps get rid of stuff selling for a billion platinum or a handful of copper coins. I mean, yeah, sure, broker listings aren't meant to be storage, but it's not like the broker is suffering from slowdowns or anything. Does it really hurt anyone?
    I'm too lazy to visit houses in order to avoid broker fees, but fixing 2. would be nice, I guess.
    daicia likes this.
  3. Tylia Well-Known Member

The broker on Maj'Dul is VERY slow most of the time. It gets quite annoying.
  4. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

My bad. I play on Splitpaw and it's kind of a highlight on there when you actually run into other players outside of Thalumbra these days. I guess things are different on servers which actually have some sort of population.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

A better suggestion would be that if someone doesn't log in after a certain time their items become delisted. That said, does that not already happen?

I shouldn't have to re-list anything if I'm actively playing the game.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

1. Why on earth don't people just not put in a price? Then items they're storing won't show up on the broker at all. How foolish! Perhaps Daybreak should make a Reminder Message of the Day and run it for January on login?
    Belenos likes this.
  7. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

That would require the ability to read and comprehend simple text. Not sure it would help much. :D
    Laiina likes this.
  8. Belenos Well-Known Member

Vanguard had the remedy for all the ridiculous pricing of items--the seller had to pay the 10% broker fee up front, and it was refunded when the item sold. Items were only listed for 30 days, and if it didn't sell by the end of the 30 days, it was de-listed, and you did NOT get the broker fee back either. If you wanted to re-list it, you had to pay the broker fee again too. While it made it a bit rough on the poor soul who was broke and managed to win the lotto by getting an aug drop that would sell for mega-plat, it did make a person think before listing all kinds of crap that would likely never sell at all.

While I do prefer EQII's broker system better overall, I do see those really stupidly-priced items all the time. The thing is, storage just doesn't explain those items, as a person can store the items by just putting them into their sales crate and never listing them. I have always wondered if it was not done by rather perverse people as a way of saying "Look what I've got and I'm not even going to use it, but you can't have it. Neener, neener!
    Jaden, Ceyllynn, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  9. d1anaw Well-Known Member

So some people think they should decide what is "worthy" to be sold on the broker, for how much and how long? By what authority?
  10. Eradani Well-Known Member

people put stuff up for ridiculous prices so, for instance, their guild or friends or even their alts can see what they've got easily and tell them so they can pass it along.

back in the day, i put every piece of tailor made appearance clothing on the broker for (100p + the recipe level) just so everyone could see what could be made and easily try it on. (guess i could free up those slots now as nobody wears that stuff anymore.)

i really like the fact that things don't get delisted after a certain time. i've got recipe books that don't sell for years and then people will make new alts and bunches of books sell.
    Griffon Lady, daicia, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  11. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Another issue with that idea, is that not everyone is a member and thus we pay for broker credits. Therefore, if I have to keep relisting my items every so many days that wastes a lot of credits for me, while I am actively playing on EQ2.
    Mermut, Ceyllynn, Finora and 3 others like this.
  12. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I believe the only thing that needs fixing is not showing the address if the rent is due.
    Didn't it use to be that items didn't show up at all if the rent wasn't paid? I'd much prefer that.
    Prissetta, Jrel, Ceyllynn and 2 others like this.
  13. Laiina Well-Known Member

That pretty much went out when Prestige Housing was introduced I think, at least have not seen that for years. I think it does disappear if the account has not logged on in.. 30 days(?).

Aside from what I listed as #2 above, the biggest issue I see is that items stay up forever, no matter how irrelevant or over-priced or obsolete they have become. Some items you would have to scrape the rust and mold off of to even see what they are. All I am looking for is some way to ensure a "fresher" marketplace.

I don't like the WoW system, as it is far too limited, but the one nice thing it does have (or at least used to, last I played 5 years ago) is an "offer to buy" brokerage setup. But that said, EQ2 has many times more items in the game than WoW does so may not be feasible in EQ2.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

Hasn't been my experience with the broker at all. The not paid rent thing however is one of my pet peeves.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  15. Tylia Well-Known Member

I have had awful experience with the broker since the merge in to Maj'Dul. Very slow to respond and accept items for sale. Very slow to deliver items once they are purchased. It might be my playtime though, mostly peak time.
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

What are some examples of things for which you all want to search but find it hard to...well...find with all the dross on the broker. If I find time, I'll take a look and see if some of them can be found via a combination of selecting certain settings and eliminating certain entries using -<word portion>. If I do so, I'll set it up to work with the presets in ProfitUI, and post them here. Someone else can figure out what amount of work (if any) would be required to convert those to other UIs.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. kluxor Well-Known Member

On majdul the problem lies with about 4 or 5 players with 30 pages of pure trash loot listed for max price. I can understand listed prized items for a max price to entertain offers, but no one wants to see 30 pages of vendor fodder. My suggestion is if you /ignore someone it should also hide their broker listings too
    Prissetta and Laiina like this.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

I play the whole day, what type of internet connection do you have? I'm in Germany connecting to the game with a 16000 DSL.
  19. Smite Active Member

I'd support making no changes to the broker.

I like being able to find rare/random/cheap items either for collection, appearance, etc.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

Not displaying the address, or allowing us to pay the rent for the seller would be possible solutions. I hate having to figure out where a house address I've never heard of is, only to find that the rent is due.