Anatomy... lol

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avouriel the Ratonga, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Right. I guess I should have seen that coming.
    Ceyllynn and Deago like this.
  2. Deago Well-Known Member

Those people watch too much anime. Just saying...:p
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  3. Avirodar Well-Known Member

For those who believe EQ2 objectifies women, the only way to protect yourself from such perceived atrocities, is to:
    • Disassemble your PC
    • Disconnect the internet
    • Never watch TV
    • Never leave the confines of a windowless room
    • Never converse with human beings.

I always get a kick out of when people try to get all "Politically Correct" over female appearances in video games. Most people who complain about such, have no issue with mass murder in video games. Take a moment, and think about what that actually means.

These people have no problems with us running around mass murdering tens of thousands of creatures, and being rewarded for committing the act. But the moment a female character dresses in a way that they don't like, the line is drawn. And these people want us to take them seriously.

I am all for consumer advice (eg: rating advisory systems) and consumer choice. Game designers should have every right to create the game in the way they want, with characters depicted the way they want. I am yet to see anything in EQ2 that goes beyond what I consider perfectly acceptable as per the ESRB rating for EQ2, which is "Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence".
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Oh, so true.

I remember the day during frosh week (many many years ago) when I walked through the door labeled "Washroons" and found myself in the Men's.

OK, sure it was a strip bar the frosh week pub crawl had landed in, but I still didn't expect that :eek: Had to go hunting for the Staff Washroom. /sigh.

Was I offended? No. Everyone had a good laugh over it when I got back to my table, too.
  5. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

lols. A bored op starts a thread that quickly degenerates into a discussion about boobs.

Well done, OP. Well done :)
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I just wish that I didn't bust out in some drunken lean every now and again.

So this place didn't even have a women's bathroom? Sounds pretty classy to me! Also, you must have been in the Engineering department based on this story.

We all have very levels of tolerance. We also have every right to express our thoughts (to the point that they don't violate forum rules). I would much rather listen to/read some of the most inane complaints than not be able to complain at all.

That being said, taking issue with anatomy in a fantasy role-playing game is mostly silly. Every inconsistency can be explained away with:

[IMG]
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  7. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Actually, I think EQ2 is great when it comes to gender equality and handles female characters brilliantly. Not only are some of the strongest, most impressive and most important characters (lore-wise) female, but when you look at races such as the Sarnak, the females are the bigger, more dominant gender. And a suit of heavy plate armor is exactly that, no matter what gender your character has. Put "full plate" on female toons in most other MMOs and that chest plate turns into a tank top, the bottom half turns into a heavy metal thong and your character appears more and more naked the higher you level. I much prefer the way EQ2 handles things.
    Spindle, Neiloch and Avirodar like this.
  8. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

oh i'm sorry, as a woman i expressed myself and my dislike for the majority of the dresses leaving us looking skanky, my bad... i'll go back to my corner barefoot, with mamaries pamela anderseron would be jelous of, and take my proper place.../sarcasim

seriously, it was a post about being more anatomically correct, i responded in kind.
    Tylia likes this.
  9. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Let's talk about a serious anatomy thing that has bothered me for years.

Ratonga, lore-wise, all have the same symbol branded prominently on their skin. In fact, you have flavour text where your Ratonga can look down and compare the symbol to one etched on a table. And yet, though my Ratonga has been 100% nekkid, this symbol is nowhere to be found on the character model.
    Not pointing any fingers here, Ttobey, but how hard would it be to add the symbol onto the rats like it's supposed to be?
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  10. Eradani Well-Known Member

seriously? you're going to lump people thinking that it would be a good thing for less objectification of women in with people who like wars?? /facepalm
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I had hoped the general message of my prior post would be simple enough for everyone to understand. Based on your reply, I was clearly mistaken.
  12. Eradani Well-Known Member

well, i guess you Can lump me in with people who don't go over someone's entire posting history before replying to something
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

What has that got to do with anything on this thread?
  14. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

/popcorn...
  15. Tylia Well-Known Member

I'm only suggesting that it would be nice if there were a way to adjust the size of the female chest to one's own choice during character creation. Not everyone likes having such a large chest on their female characters. Some people do. So a way to adjust the size during creation would be a perfect way to make almost everyone happy. And yes, developers absolutely have the right to create their characters they way they want, but they give us sliders and choices for most other aspects of character creation so asking for a chest slider isn't that far fetched. ;)
    Ceyllynn and Berserkerkitten like this.
  16. Adevil Well-Known Member

Boobs? Who's been talking about boobs...they don't reside beneath tails. Well none I've ever seen do...ew...where have YOU been looking?!!!!
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

Um...Engineering yep...weren't many of us gals in that profession or even thinking of learning that profession back then. We grew thick skins real fast :)

Hilarious thing is Dad wouldn't let me take a high paying job as a flag girl in the summer because guys would be cat calling and whistling at me and he didn't want his daughter to experience that.....I have never told him about frosh week. Cat calls and whistles? psh....minor offenses.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  18. Adevil Well-Known Member

There is nothing at all wrong with having different levels of tolerence for what is mostly idiots and attemtps at slapstick jokes.

Requiring others to adhere to your own personal standards is offensive (it's a trigger for me /sarcasm, but not totally). The PC brigade has gone way too far overboard and is making society not fun to be in.
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

Don't retreat. I don't think anyone knocked you down for an opinion, just be prepared for those who have different opinions.

Me, I never see the front side of my toons so I'd be more worried about them getting a Kardashian butt than I would be about Anderson mammaries.
  20. Rolien Active Member

As a man I feel male characters are to objectified. Why does every male character have a 6 pack? This offends me greatly because not all men have a 6 pack. I demand that male characters become fat and are unable to run because anything other than that offends me. I in particular find it offensive that there is no belly slider to make my characters fat this is so offensive that it almost hurts and it makes me cry everytime I go to make a character.

I also demand that they add options to add boils, zits, and other things so that I can make my character more life like in this fantasy game!

AmIdoinirite?