Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. ITPalg Member

After posting I just saw you must (be) PAY(ing) to transfer:

I used to pay, but can't right now.

Thanks alot...
    Rose, Xevran and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Are you on Vista/XP? :(

They said there'd be a fix for that today, but we'll see. :(

Uwk
  3. ITPalg Member

I use Windows 10.

People in chat are telling me you had to be a paying member for the last 30 days in order to get this so called "free" transfer.
    I have played this game for several years, starting in 2004, pay for sub, then all access, but times change and I off and on again pay for a month or so here and there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Xevran Well-Known Member

And my name was taken while I was waiting to use my free* $15 transfer so I got a couple plat from AB.

Welp, I hope whoever that random vampire lady was enjoys my 600 plat at least.

*Daybreak Game Company doesn't understand what the word free means.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The way they're doing it now is: if your account is at least 30+ days old, as in, if you created it back in, say, 2010, it's definitely more than 30 days old. What I did to test this is I bought a Krono for my 2013 account (yes, it costs more, but I was checking to see if that would be considered "All-Access") and just now checked my mail: yes, the free transfer token is there! Woo-hoo! :D

Now to do the same for the other account and transfer those tomorrow! :)

Good luck!

Uwk
    Prissetta, Xillean and Gulaep like this.
  6. ITPalg Member

Krono has always been considered All Access.
    The point is you have to PAY in order to "free" transfer.
    I also have former Nagafen characters stuck in character locked limbo due to having them during paid access, but now locked out on the merged servers that I would transfer to my regular server.

I don't have the plat to buy a Krono either.
  7. Eles Well-Known Member

can i have that plat?
  8. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Thank you for testing this and confirming this. Can I also assume you bought this Krono today and tested this today after 10am PST?
  9. Yulla New Member

Ok what happen? I moved my alt Sweetbeez from Hall of Fate to Skifire and she lost all 7 houses .. How do I get them back? I need my apprentice back.
  10. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Sounds like you forgot to pick them up prior. Though lost now, can you not just go back to town and repurchase the contract for each character who is missing an apprentice researcher?
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

P.S. I've never actually Transferred before; should I exit the game? It "booted" my transferring character (call her Character A) out while it transferred, so I'm back on the Character Select screen, but I'm unable to access my other, so far not-transferring character (call him Character B) either? :-/

I figured if it would take it "5 minutes" as listed to transfer Char. A, I could do stuff with Char. B while waiting, but I guess not?

Gave me the notice:

"Zone rejected entry request because it failed to fetch character from DB."

Maybe I'm confusing it and should just do something else for a bit. ;->

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, I bought the Krono awhile back (Nov. 27th); they said it would take like up to 24 hours to approve/authorize/a-whatever everything.

I'll find out with the second account how long it actually takes for things to get squared away. :)

Uwk
    Gulaep likes this.
  13. Xevran Well-Known Member

I already gave it to some vampire lady.
  14. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I get that too sometimes. Not always but twice out of five times. Even restarting the game may give an error message as well, though a different message. Wait a few minutes and you can enter game and resume. In fact Dear Uwk, this just now happened to me for the 2nd time hence why I respond this minute.

PS: Can you reply to my post up above please? Thank you much! :)

EDIT: haha, you beat me you cheeky girl you!

This was supposed to have been a reply by the way. I did an oopsie.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, got my other Krono; we'll see. :)

Well, I bought it; hasn't shown up yet on my character sheet. We'll see how long that takes. ;)

Uwk
  16. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Odd behavior to this transfer process. Besides the occasional error message after getting sent to the character screen and trying to log on a different character, and sometimes the error message you get when relaunching the game after the fact -

the other odd thing (similar to what others have said) but slightly different maybe is that Gulaep was the very first character I tried to move. I sent his request at 12:04 PST and it went through. I then did a few others after him. The odd part is Gulaep who was initiated first still says he is on the old server, while the ones I did after him have already been updated (on the character select screen anyhow). So I logged onto Gulaep and like others said, his transfer token was still in his bags. So I initiated Gulaep for a second time at 12:35 PST and this time instead of kicking me out to the character select screen it just closed the game client instantly.

EDIT: Four of the characters out of nine I tried to move lost their names. Three of those I am happy about since I always hated the names I gave them but one, who has a name that I like very very much, lost his too. And if Uwk tells me that a Krono bought today receives a transfer token in the mail today -- then I imagine when I go to move three characters from my Silver account I suspect I will lose at least one of those, possibly all three. Which makes me more sad. :(

Gulaep was my first character in EverQuest II and is also my forum namesake. I would rather have lost Gulaep as a character name then the one I liked so very much.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay Gulaep finally got moved. LOL first in last out I guess.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Shazbat...I'll try that, if I can't get any satisfaction with my first Silver. :-/

No Krono there yet; prolly not 'til 24 hours, what with all the scramble. ;->

Back to check on my first one... ;->

Uwk

EDIT: yep, Char. A is still there, with the Token in her bags. Time to boot her elsewhere. ;->
  18. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Doubt it will take 24hrs. I think the most I ever had to wait was like 30min to 90 min tops. But who knows. I know what it says on the tin, as it were, but it shouldn't be nearly that long.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay! Went to use the first Token on Char. A again; went through the motions, booted her butt clean out to desktop! I have every confidence it should work now. :)

Thanks for the advice, Gulaep!

Uwk
  20. Xillean Well-Known Member

I found that its best to wait at least the full 5 mins, anytime I tried to log another character or that one before hand it messed up the transfer and left them on the old server and put the token back in their bags, while after starting the transfer and exiting the game and waiting hasn't caused a issue yet.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gulaep like this.