Bye Bye Illusionists

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Jsnappy, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Jsnappy Member

What is the point of having an Illusionist be your main any more? This has gotta to be one of the most undesirable, if not most undesirable class in Terrors of Thalumbra Raids.

Utility
    Time Compression- Been pretty much undesirable since AoM with the exception of some summoners and healers who do not want UT or Mage Self-UT Buff from AA Dragon Line.
    Time Warp- This is a joke now with almost all mage dps classes easily sitting at 80-90% Double Cast Percentage Self-Bugged
    Power Management- Always been inferior to Coercers and to Warlocks
    Crowd Control- Not the best class for Crowd Control
    Focused Destruction- Probably their best Utility Proc for a whopping 12.5% group damage proc
    Illusionary Allies- Yea its great when used right but really isn't enough to justify having an Illy in Raid for this ability

DPS
    Temporal Mimicry- Same as a Coercer so no class competitive advantage on this ability and not OP enough to make good Illys out parse equally skilled T1 Mages
    Theorems/Prismatic Chaos- Top DPS spells when played right but not OP
    All other Damage Spells- Nothing special here.

Please fix ASAP or this xpac may be enough to cause several dedicated Illys to quit the game entirely until the Next XPAC. It is quite depressing now at this point and no major roles is really needed to continue utilizing Illys this Xpac. We are on path to being the next Inquisitor sadly.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Did you see this?

Plenty of people have been warning them about enchanters losing their place and role, but so far there has been no communication from the team at all.
  3. montyboy Member

Hey now! Wait a sec, you may be on to something as I do find myself spending more time in the LFG channel,gathering, and running Advanced Solo instances.
  4. Eles Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Seefar and montyboy like this.
  5. Ijeran New Member

As a long time (on and off) player I can sympathize with you. In the quest to be more user friendly (ie easier) too many classes overlap/cancel out each other. Add to that potions/perks/DBC items, and the general cake walk (OP classes, dumbed down mobs) out there, it is not easy for niche players/classes. I hope they balance the classes out, make the specialness special again.
  6. Yards Well-Known Member

Illies are pretty much doing t1 dps atm.
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. Mélo New Member

True they have decent dps on groups so does many other dps classes. They need some utility and desirability back so they will be welcome in groups or raid. The fix is simple, just change time warp to double the ability damage of the group during its 5 seconds instead of putting you at 100% spell double cast.
  8. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

if raids aren't welcoming illusionists to raids with open arms than they are doing it wrong.

/thread
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Illusionists are T2 at best, and only spike to the top of T2 with a solid mimic target and a bard in group delivering solid VCs. This will change as new gear is acquired this expansion. Enchanters are not able to capitalize on three powerful stats, flurry, WDB/SWDB and double cast. Our base weapon damage is half that of all other classes excluding priests, and the majority of our spells do not double cast. Same can be said for crit bonus in relation to weapon damage.

Base weapon damage should be 2.0 not 1.0, or 1.3 IMO. It is not a game changer, but a steady source of DPS. As higher amounts of WDB/SWDB, and flurry become available we lag further behind all other classes. These stats have half the value for us compared to all other classes excluding priests.

It would be nice if spell double cast doubled the base trigger count much like time warp does. This would benefit all classes who have these types of spells not just enchanters.

Regarding our Utility there are a number of threads that have discussed it in length. Enchanters are obsolete in respect to utility with the exception of the rare fight requiring mesmerize or charm.

tldr; Summing up enchanters have not evolved along with the game over the past few years.

Gnomad Audolf ~ Maj'Dul

‘Unlikely. I’m an obsolete design. T-1 is faster, more powerful and more intelligent. It’s a far more effective killing machine’
    Kraeref likes this.
  10. MrWashek Member

What kind of illu are you playing hehe? Compare illu to coercer... or warlock! If I was warlock I would betray to wiz instantly :p

Edit: In response to rant about utility. Last boss in Edge of Underfoot raid (Stygian Threshold) is pretty much not doable without one illu or coercer in each raid group.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Wizard to warlock?!?! why ... warlocks still near top of food chain (even after FC neft and CB hard cap, and thanks to BC adjustments no longer losing up to 30% to BL/Sins) ..wizards on other hand still in need more luv.....
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

We did him with only three enchanters and he can be done with even less if people watch their power and come to raid prepared.

There is one name in Maldura where power feed is a must though.
    Other than that enchanters are not needed. And it's truly disheartening.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Illies doing 80 mil DPS FTW
  14. NadikOne Member

Illusionist are sitting much better than coercer are at this point of the game.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Not really. Illys are worse off with DC pretty much maxed by mages
  16. Rondo9 Active Member

With the Class cloak?
  17. MrWashek Member

Share your ACT logs :)

"Combat length: 10 seconds, number of targets: 50" Toplol.
    Eles likes this.
  18. Muph Active Member

What's hilarious is that any of you playing on live actually think there's min/maxing to be doing anymore. Hasn't everything been watered down enough for you all that every class is the same and it's just a two button spam fest? I mean you guys use ACT to cast everything for you and Ogre bot to cure, are you guys even playing the game anymore?

"As a Crusader, it's sooooooo difficult to figure out what gear to use! I mean, it's like the gear has variety! Why do I have to have such varied stuff?! Why would I ever want to have more than one set of gear laying around. Arcane resist gear? What's that? I just throw on my wrist item from Adv Solo quest #23078572 that I've done!"

How's that new expansion?

Someone saying anything mil after it FTL, 0/10
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

(--:--) Dellmun the Hammer: Illy1-Temporal Mimicry-495430389
    ---- | ----------
    ---- | -------------
    ---- | ------------
    ---- | ------------
    ---- | -----------
    ---- | ----------
    Illy2 | 90706474
    ---- | --------------
    ---- | ------------
    Illy1 | 50169754

*Heavily redacted, not giving more info than this.

Go back to terrible TLE please. I'm sure the denial that its immensely different/improved rather than the full game with parts hacked off will go over better there. Been there, done that.

Numbers being 'inflated' or 'reduced' is purely aesthetic. Its their relative difference in value that is important. 1000 DPS is no different than 10000000 DPS when HP pools/defense have been increased by the same amount. Its just there to give a feeling of growth which is always needed in MMO's. Anyone who laughs at 'lol omg the numbers are so big' just don't understand how they work and their function.
  20. Muph Active Member

This post is the epitome of EQ2 live players. You all have no clue what you're doing and think the classes are the problem. Hilarious

Oh my gawwwwwdddddd, WHY DOESN'T BRAINBURST AND NIGHTMARE DO UBER DAMAGE?! I MEAN THEY'RE DOTS THAT NEVER HAVE BEEN UBER DAMAGE, DOUBLE-U-TEE-EFF?!

You mean my best damage spells are the ones that are the longest refresh timers, like every other class? Nowai!!!!!

You mean no one needs this buff anymore because everyone has that same buff 10x over from gear?! Nowai!!!!

Actually anyone who thinks you need 90% double cast, 800% potency, 1730% crit bonus, 500% attack speed, 1650 DPS mod, doesn't understand where the game came from, and how it's so out of whack now. But thanks for trying.

See above ;)