ToT Tradeskill/Harvest Issues

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Daytona, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Daytona New Member

Having multiple tradeskillers across different accounts, as is true with most expansions I start out by running my pack ponies and goblins around the clock to get as many new harvests as possible to stock both the guild and personal harvest depots up on current tier supplies. However in doing so I have now basically filled up nearly two depots with the pelts from the current tier expansion, while all other harvests are way behind. It's not surprising that one harvested item brings in many more materials with a new xpac, and in fact it has always been that way. However there is an issue because the bottle quest, which started during AoM as a means of recycling excess raw materials by converting them into amalgamations, has not been updated to include current tier items.

Could this issue please be updated by adding in a new bottle quest update to include current tier amalgamations?
    Laiina likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This was addressed in the November 24th patch:

TRADESKILLS
    • Harvest goblins and gatherers should no longer trap quite so many pelts.
  3. Daytona New Member

That still doesn't address the issue of having excess raw harvests and what to do with them. After all, that was the entire purpose of the bottle questline, so that excess raw harvests would be able to be recycled into something useful (amalgamations). So no, it has not yet been addressed although I thank you for the reply.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Without an amalgamation recipe for ToT commons and with ToT commons being the only ones that canNOT be refined, you're stuck with what I did before the amalgamation recipes came out... ninja depositing your extras into guild depots of halls that are open to random visitors ;)
    Adevil and Shmogre like this.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

Irregardless of that, a new amalgamation recipe is much needed. Especially since you can't refine the mats either.
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

Been there, done that, you know how fast guilds wisen up and do a lockdown on visitor deposits?

Edit: If you're on Skyfire, try The Free Thinkers Hideout in Gorowyn. It's a T1 Freeport guild that was set up for public use. Although I have personally maxed out their depot with my ninja dumping (several times), the stuff always gets used.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

They rarely prevent visitors from DEPOSITING, just from crafting from the depots They can set withdraw, use and deposit indepedantly from eachother. Most I've seen have trusee for withdrawl, friend for use and visitor for deposit.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Heh... I've locked down the deposits when the members can no longer empty packs due to ninja dumping. It's blooming inconvenient.
  9. Seefar Well-Known Member

Isn't it just a tad ironic that Norrathians can use pack ponies and goblins to effortlessly accumulate bucketloads of stuff, and that the end result is a flooded market, massive databases, and additional head-scratching on the part of the poor overworked gnomes to try to figure out how to remove the excess?

(I have a solution: a quest called 'Kill Zem, Kill Zem All!'; task: assassinate pack ponies and goblins... :D)